Toqger 01 departing now

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
DarkCrusnik
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
Favorite Band: Team Nekokan
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Ore Ga Unmei Tatakao, Soshti Kati Mesri" -Kenzaki, kamen rider blade

it means: "ill fight fate, and surely win! "
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Toqger 01 departing now

Post by DarkCrusnik »

when there is light, shadows lurks and fear rei.. i mean there is darkness hates it XD
bowspearer
Go Go!
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dairanger
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by bowspearer »

I spoiled this for myself when I caught the raw of the suit battle and the mecha battle, but all in all it was a thoroughly enjoyable episode.

It's not exactly Gokaiger but it's definitely a respectable start to the series. Love the designs of the villains and heroes and the child connection is interesting.

Incidentally am I the only one wishing for a ToQGer/Akibaranger vs movie here?
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

PHurricane wrote:The color change gimmick is going to give me a headache. Like Tokacchi said, after a while, you can't tell who's who.
Just watch for the numbers. They don't change even when they're "transfered".

Also, the last word of Bag Shadow remind me of Kintaros.
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

i have to say i really enjoyed this episode. i just could not help but laugh at the ability of pink's weapon and her going "Poke, Poke" on the grunts. the color change is an interesting idea that i hope does not get out of hand. i will agree that the shadow line "generals" look awesome.

maybe its just me but i am seeing Alata in Right(Raito?) and Luka in Mio.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
bowspearer
Go Go!
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dairanger

Post by bowspearer »

JujinSan wrote:maybe its just me but i am seeing Alata in Right(Raito?)
Actually I was seeing Chiaki (Shinken Green) in terms of his personality.
Dax
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokai / Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Shinken / Kabuto
Quote: Avatar by me.

Post by Dax »

When I first saw the suits and the mecha I hated them equally.

Then came other scans showing they could change colour and now seeing them do it, I understand why the suits are so bland. It's much easier to mass produce suits if they are the simplest possible. Just a place to put the number on the torso and a few lines to break the uniformity. I'm still not a fan of them, but I understand their purpose and I'm used to it already.

The mecha on the other hand is going to take much longer to accept. It's just so blocky and bulky and plain ugly.

Other than that I love the Norikae Change // Line Transfer, whilst it might be confusing it has a lot of potential for the future, just to see how they'll all use the others' weapons.
Completed
Sentai: From Deka to Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider: From Ryuki to Zi-O
Other: GARO, Cutie Honey, Sh15uya, Tokusatsu GaGaGa
Crimzonite
Mega

Post by Crimzonite »

I was expecting a Sentai version of Den-O, and I wasn't disappointed. I'm certainly interested to see where these tracks will lead us.

And since Madam Noir is voiced by Aya Hisakawa, we have a Sentai with anime Sailor Mercury and a Kamen Rider with live action Sailor Mercury.
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

Ok, let's go with it:

1. Villains design is just badass and awesome! From grunts to generals, and we got all types of them. Commander, lady, kid and guy who stands in the shadow and is all mysteriosu and badass.
2. ToQgers knows each others from the beginning, that's awesome, no "I don't trust that new red guy" and having to go throu the bonding thing.
3. Imagination, huh? That may turn into something good, still i don't think it will get any deeper. (now i think otherwise but that i save for the last)
4. Oh cmon, they won't attack them becos of the white line? Worst excuse for not interupting henshin evah.
5. Color changing was just hilarious XD I can forgive simple costumes (still, helmets could be a little better).
6. it is too early to say that those guys are OP as heck?! Srs, it's one thing pink can change sizes with her weapon, but they imagination power? Pink becomes strong as heck, and they finisher? It can easily counter any other sentai bazookas, scr*w power ups, those guys are beastly.
7. Yup, nothing changed here in mecha department, i can easily say, ugliest sentai mecha evah! Oh, i can't wait until we get 6th ToQger.
8. "You guys are good as dead" O.o.....wait what?...... Aren't they....this series...supposed to be, child friendly, and simple......What kind of deep dark thing are we getting into? O.o ToQgers....Might suprise us all.....

My verdict: 7/10. Characters, interactions, action, villains and that dark twist at the end was just awesome, i will have fun with this series, buuuuuuut ToQoh looks like cr** and for me, mechas are important part of sentai, but for now i'll just get throu this somehow, and wait until we get new mecha in the series.
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Arawynn »

First thing I thought of watching this ep was - trains and IMAGINation...looks a lot like Den-o
Looks like they recycled the ghost train compartment from Saraba Den-o.
OMG Yamaguchi Kappei is voice of Ticket kun! <3<3<3
I like the henshin sequence a LOT.
Right seems like a capable leader. All the characters so far look likable and also acting is alright.
This year is going to be good as well!
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu

Post by Arawynn »

DarkCrusnik wrote:when there is light, shadows lurks and fear rei.. i mean there is darkness hates it XD
Good one LMAO :lol:
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
CrazyBlaze
Infinity
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: TOKU!
Quote: Finished: Sentai: Dairanger, Kakuranger, Abaranger, Dekaranger. Magiranger, Bokuenger, Go-onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyrouranger

Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Agito, Faiz, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim

Watching: Gekiranger, ToQer, Drive

Post by CrazyBlaze »

Am I the only one hearing it pronounced Raito instead of Right?

Also the designation of their names when they transform is going to get real old, real fast.
tehbigcheez
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Jetman
Dreamy: Lee Soon-kyu (snsd)
Favorite Actor?: Ryuji Sainei
Favorite Band: Pantera
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: KFC
Quote: An ant has no quarrel with a boot...
Type: ESFP Performer

Post by tehbigcheez »

I may be focusing on the wrong thing, but I'm really digging that opening.

I love how the 7:30 Ressha Sentai departs at 7:32!! (It's a good day when a train isn't that late over here ;D)

The part with all the singer saying "Go" was probably my favourite part of it! :D Let's say that I'm a sucker for fast moving shots.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

Hmm... Well, after seeing this episode I'm thinking this is kind of like Gokaiger in terms of color order: red, blue, yellow, green and pink. Still, normally I was expecting them to be called ToQ One and so on, not for the actual Japanese numbers to be used. As for the main characters...

Right: He seems like a guy who acts like a good dude, and probably is, but has a dark secret he keeps to himself. Either way, a step up from the 'perfect' Daigo. And I think it could actually be Raito and not Right, though it wasn't the same for W despite it being perfect.

Tokacchi: He reminds me of a trying to be more serious Ryuunosuke. He's probably the comedic relief. I mean, his name sounds like a nickname. And he tried to roll to escape gunfire without realizing it doesn't work that way.

Miu: Seems like a tomboy who looks after the younger girl of the group.

Hikaru: Another serious green huh? Meh. He doesn't seem as serious as KyoryuGreen, but still it's the first episode.

Kagura: Currently she has the most interesting personality so far.

The villains make me think they're High Class Goths. And they are!

I'm expecting ToQOh's future attacks to be like Densha Giri. I mean, the set up it right there what with the Den-O like henshins. Speaking of which, that requirement for the bad guys to be behind the line is weird to me. I mean, I really expect they'll subvert transformation being a free action and attack them before they can transform.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Well at least Red is not very "girly" but he needs to use less lipstick -_-U, yellow is cute and looks like Escape from GoBusters. Green its the classic cool guy, Blue the smart guy and Pink the cute little girl.

It's better than expected so far and the story seems interesting...
Final Vent!
Coldfission
Infinity
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by Coldfission »

Am I the only one that saw this when the Conductor said their power comes from imagination?
Spoiler

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”