Toqger 01 departing now

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
ChibiZyuJin
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Toqger 01 departing now

Post by ChibiZyuJin »

I literally eat everything I said about how bad this show will be.

Gritta is sooo friggin cote. I loved her and Madame Noir is friggin hot. Is Baron Nero's voice actor thePrince Warz Gill from Gokaiger Oh I messed up... It was Fukuyama Jun. That makes the series even more awesome for me.

Imagination idea was actually great and makes everything make sense.

I loved the ToQger's personalities. I actually LOVED the transfer idea...

This episode was pretty entertaining and I lauged straight 15 minutes :D
Nova
7X

Post by Nova »

Still dislike the mecha and suit designs.
Transfering is confusing. I prefer they just stick to one color.
Loved the sillyness
Imagination might be an interesting way to explain the events
Trains are a awesome setting
Villians look really badass. Love their designs
Ending song seemed short. Was expecting another dance ending. But showing trains was fun. Hopefully they will show a train from my country.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Other than the twist at the end, this was kind of standard. Not really feeling it at the moment, but I'll wait a wee while before making any serious judgements.

Imagination power has the potential to be real OP. I also don't really see the point of being able to switch colours.
Virgo Angel
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Ninja Sentai Kakuran
Dreamy: Gentarou Kisaragi
Favorite Actor?: Sota Fukushi
My boom: Junya Ikeda

Post by Virgo Angel »

So I love the villains they are awesome and finding out noir is sailor Mercury .........INSTA FAVE VILLAIN. the outfits i understand why they are the way they are though i dont like the visor on the helmet. the color changing isn't that confusing as the numbers dont change just the color. Pink is def my fave as of now cause she sikes herself up and gets stronger. also blue green and red all hotties so thats a plus and i'm thinking fatty might get a look change once the big bad shows up like all her body fat might vanish and she becomes sexy or something, think like the prince from lightspeed rescue only not a baby growing up....yeah anyway loved it and will keep watching.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

Fun show so far! Kyouryuuger seemed stupid and ridiculous when it started; this series is stupid and ridiculous compared to that! (I mean that in a good way.) It does seem a bit pre-schooly, but maybe that's just 'cause there are so many little kids in this episode.

The theory that they are actually kids imagining to be adults seems likely to me, especially since as kids they were all about the same age and their adult ages are spread apart. And why would Right still have that ticket with him?

I love Kagura! And of course Right is awesome! I didn't get a feel for the others in this episode.

Mr. Conductor really does seem to be a rip off of Owner.
Spoiler
And I wonder if I'll say the same thing about Wagon and Naome next episode.

Hopefully that will change with time. But that really depends on the writing - which could be difficult since this series shares the writer from Den-O. ToQger could grow dangerously close to replicating the style of Den-O if not the story.

So this was a decent opening episode, if not spectacular. It told us what we needed to know, but didn't really start up any significant plot.

I'm looking forward to the rest of this series, but am worried that it will end up being too kiddie - more so than even Go-Onger or Zyuranger.
redwhitesentai
7X
Favorite series: boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: dekaranger
Dreamy: bouken pink
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: hmm.. I'll think about it
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by redwhitesentai »

First episode is ok. I think they manage to get the logical usage of train theme, and I like it. It is something similar to Gokaiger who used ship as their homebase. Characters are so far 'safe', red is not being too aggresive / sanguin or too introvert.

Henshin sequences are awesome and long. Still wicked to see the train rail ended up as their visor. Am I right to see that ToQger team in transform suit are very ... slim? The green color is something yellow-ish, maybe the first green in such tonal?

As said, the twist about their existence should be interesting key for storyline. Can't wait for second eps.
Icingdeth
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
My boom: Gundam, Tokusatsu
Quote: One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of one's youth. ~ Char Aznable
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Icingdeth »

Overall this show make me think of a train themed version of CarRanger.
But I like the design of the villains especially the grunts. Wish we had seen more than a few seconds of Baron Nero.
Still not sold on the suits and mech yet. They probably will grow on me as the series goes on.
Love Ticket-kun saying that line about them pretty much being dead. Hope they actually reveal what that's about before the end of the show.
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

I like the mooks suits way more than the sentai suits... I'm not sure if I should take this as a foreshadowing for powerups or not >_>
Aldrato
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Aldrato »

i thought this first episode was very annoying all around, including the characters.

'imagination' brings the potential for countless asspulls through the year. oh boy.
the norikae change is pointless. why can't they just give their weapons to each other?
that tackled on mecha battle in the end was horribly unimpressive for a first episode. they felt desperate to rush and introduce as most toys as possible right off the bat.
the villains? well blink and you've missed them. i'm afraid they won't be very active.
Diviana
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: "We're all fools so might as well dance."
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Diviana »

Coldfission wrote:Am I the only one that saw this when the Conductor said their power comes from imagination?
Spoiler
[ Image ]
That was literally the first thing I thought of when I watched the raw. Then I spend the whole next day explaining it to friends with my hands forming a rainbow gesture every time I said imagination.
CrazyBlaze wrote:Am I the only one hearing it pronounced Raito instead of Right?

Also the designation of their names when they transform is going to get real old, real fast.
I hear Raito every time they say his name. Maybe the ticket had said Right. . .

-
I love this one; it makes me all amped up~

-The grunts (Crows) have an amazing design.
-The Conductor and Ticket scare me.
-The kajin/kashin (I forgot how they are spelled) look fairly well designed.
-The Mecha still looks bad, but I'll adjust.
-Their combined weapon runs on imagination so can hit their enemies with anything.
-I am excited to see development for Hikari since we see so little of him now.

Spoiler
The next episode seems to focus on Hikari more.
Super Sentai I've watched: Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyouryuuger, Toqger, Ninninger, Jyuohger
Kamen Rider I've watched: Den-O, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Tokacchi is obviously the very best ToQger, which has been obvious since they started promoing this series. He even pushes his glasses up while transformed Image

Now having seen this episode, I think it's blindingly clear why things look the way they do. People were bitching in the lead-up about how simple and shoddy stuff looked, but it all makes sense now! The ToQger and their gear are powered by child-like imagination, so of course everything's colourful and super simple!

That being said, Kagura or whatever her name is? I hope she eats a bullet when this show goes off the rails into grimdark horror and starts killing people off at random :evil:
Fidchell
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Evangelion
2nd Favorite Series: Digimon 01
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: .hack//

Post by Fidchell »

I canb't say I am a big fan of this yet (i can almost see this go down the gosei way with the imagination stuff)

but my one thought about this...

the grunts (crows) remind me of Michael Jackson.
TAKBonez
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kyouryuuger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Fourze
Dreamy: Luka Milfy
Favorite Actor?: None
Favorite Band: Punk & Crust
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: Hime hime hime, suki suki daisuki, hime hime
Type: ESFP Performer

Post by TAKBonez »

Kinda wanna know why the grunts are translated as KuroKuro? Kuro can easily be translated as Black and at least according to google translate(yes not always the most accurate) can even translate it to Deep Black which sounds better than Black Black. Also Ichigo, Nigo etc... is how you say numbers when counting so those have a straight translation as well. I'm all for leaving things that can't be translated/hard to translate things as is but this just doesn't make sense to me when there is a clear translation. Not saying I'm an expert by any means it's only my 4th week in Japanese 101, and I need to practice more. Like I said tho it just seems odd to me when I know what it means and has a clear translation.

Edit: haha oops went back and watched the part they were saying kurokuro, but they are called kuros. Still kuro is black
Last edited by TAKBonez on Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KR_Karasu
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Dystopia Rising

Post by KR_Karasu »

I heard the grunts' name as Crow, in English.
Kamen Rider completed : Ryuki, Decade, Gaim
Super Sentai completed: Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, ToQger
Active: soon Ghost
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

dancercotillion wrote:That being said, Kagura or whatever her name is? I hope she eats a bullet when this show goes off the rails into grimdark horror and starts killing people off at random :evil:

Oh yeah, it will be the biggest plot twist since Gekiranger (at least for me). "Hey kids, lets go with rainbow line and figh baaaad monsters with ToQgers, yaaay, color changing, super fun, super ligthhearted weee~~". Than suddenly: "You are ghosts of dead kids" or some other dark sh*t and we all go like: "O.o :O....but it supposed to be silly kids fun :<"

Stiiiill....It is weird that they don't look that different from when thery were a kids.....The cloth's they're wearing are identical, hairstyles in most of them too...... Yup, my money on dead children's living thaks to imagination..... Theeeeere will be lot's of crying in this series.... and not from laughing O.o.

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”