Toqger 02 departing now

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Re: Toqger 02 departing now

Post by HarryFA1 »

I mentioned this last week, but during the intro, at about 2:42, you can see a second set of Ressha's going under the bridge, probably belonging to the 6th Ranger. Speaking of, ya think we'll see him pop-up around ep 9-10 like Kyoryu Gold?

Was a slight bit jarring when the 'dueling' started. It's like "Oh! You thought this was the light-hearted sentai, huh? Well guess what people are dead now!". Guess that's just getting rid of people's preconceptions of what the show will be.

Also like how even though Right is a goofy-dumb Red, he has a good (if not unique) sense of logic, & a nice way of helping people feel better. Instead of just screaming "BRAVE DA ZE!" at everything.

Also, bit disapointed we don't get a dance like Go-Busters or Kyoryuger. "Nah, F that, let's just look at Trains go by". A little uninspired there guys.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Maybe they should have did a Roygbiv thing to go along with the rainbow line theme. There's no pink in a rainbow!

Shortcuts always show up on the Sentai b years.
zigmenthotep
Adventure
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zigmenthotep »

Hey remember when we all thought this was going to be an super bright and happy show? Can't call it on 2 episodes but so far it's defying expectations.

I'm hoping for so much more wagon as the series continues.

Train duel? Sure, why not? There are so many reasons why that shouldn't have worked.

Am I the only one hoping to see Conductor and Ticket-kun become ToQ gold and silver?

The lack of explanation for the giant growth doesn't bother me at all. The explanations they come up with are usually terrible and/or lazy.
Tsukino Ko'uma
Infinity
My boom: Fluffle Puff
Quote: "I just don't know what went wrong!" - Derpy

Post by Tsukino Ko'uma »

Called it... the Japanese "ball in a cup" is called a kendama.

http://kendamausa.com/

Not trying to advertise, just that was a really good visual result.
The fun has been doubled.

DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Post by DekaBreak »

This is Kobayashi, I'd expect ToQ6Gou around the ⅓ mark. 15th or 16th episode.
RyuShinEX
Go Go!

Post by RyuShinEX »

takenoko wrote:The titles or the whole thing? I can't imagine anything interesting being written about trains.

For example, the first one for this episode:
Nanatsu: A luxurious train that just started running. It has a sleeping car, a dining car, and an observation car. It travels all around Kyuushuu.

Like how many things can you say about a local train XD
I don't mind with just the titles alone in the wiki though it's more complete to have the whole thing translated. At least we can see what they're teaching the kids about their trains.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Alright, I can do that. Added under trivia for episode 1 too.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

DekaBreak wrote:This is Kobayashi, I'd expect ToQ6Gou around the ⅓ mark. 15th or 16th episode.
Timeranger related:
Spoiler
Timefire came in at episode 29

HarryFA1 wrote:Also, bit disapointed we don't get a dance like Go-Busters or Kyoryuger. "Nah, F that, let's just look at Trains go by". A little uninspired there guys.
We can do without dancing for once.
hinomars19
Go Go!
Favorite Actor?: Kitagawa keiko
Favorite Band: Koda Kumi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: Yui Koike is like a kitten wrapped in cotton wool eating candyfloss. This cannot be disputed. You try, I flip your table (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Post by hinomars19 »

Any body know what type of train each member is? (their helmets) My sister keeps asking me, and all I can guess at is red is a locomotive and either blue or green or a bullet train. Sorry if this is covered on any wikis, I did have a quick look :oops:
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

2n episodes quiz made me wonder if his name is really Light (among other things, it is like Hikaru saying you all following light and it fits to theme. Following Light in the darkness of Shadow or following light of his imagination in their childhood or something similar) Maybe they made a pun in first episodes quiz because the japanese for right and light are same. And japanese for right and left are almost same too righto, refto so they may go with it just like second quiz goes with ticket jacket (totally unrelated but similar sounding words).
MythrilMoth
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by MythrilMoth »

I loved this episode. I'm really enjoying ToQger more than I thought I would. I love the campier Super Sentai, because they're more fun. Although it's strange to have this particular mix of silly and dark. :shock:

Kagura is still my favorite. And...I want to say Wagon is cute? But honestly, she disturbs me. It's like everything that's wrong with Japan distilled into one really bizarre female Kamen Rider cosplayer. Still, I'm sure Wagon will grow on me sooner or later.

Has anyone noticed that ToQ 4gou's (default) costume is a MUCH brighter green than we usually see in Super Sentai?
Diviana
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: "We're all fools so might as well dance."

Post by Diviana »

I wonder if they are physically on the train or if it's just their spirits. I mean we know their town got consumed, but we still have no idea what happens to people in consumed cities. Do they disappear with the city? Do they become 'wandering spirits' (for lack of a better term)?

Also the fact that they only remember their childhood. That implies that they grew distance as they became older or that they are still only children.

Hikari seems promising as a character. Kagura is a little irritating to me right now, but I hope she eventually becomes confident enough in herself so there is no need for the semi-damsel in distress schmuck she is currently enveloped in.
bluegreen
Infinity

Post by bluegreen »

Hello. Is there no Japanese word for "Imagination"? I'm always curious what English words they choose to use and why.
And oh god that role call if we get 7 or more rangers down the line. we won't even have a show if the announcer has to say all their names twice like that.
I don't know that I agree with this. It seems just saying "ToQ Ichigou" twice is not particularly longer than "Kiba no Yuusha <pause and wave arms around> KyouryuuRed".

Finally....I know nothing about these actors, but the actors for Tokacchi and Hikari seem to be several years older than the others, which seems odd for a group that played together as kids, but perhaps not.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

There is a Japanese word for imagination, it's 想像 (souzou). Whenever you see a non-capitalized version of imagination, that's usually the word they are using.

English a lot of times is used for emphasis or just because it sounds cool. Let's face it, it's a lot cooler to shout "IMAGINATIONNNNNNNNNNNN" or "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" than "SOUZOU" or "TANJOUBI OMEDETOU"
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

Take a close look at the yellow shirt that the token kid is wearing at the 14:54 mark....

Children's Hospital
Wards 28-31
Accidents and Emergencies ->
Blood Test ->
Fracture Clinic ->
Pharmacy ->

Also...
Conductor/Ticket and Wagon reminds me of those early grade-school tours where you have the costumed mascot and entertaining guide to keep our attention.
The train controls remind me of something that would be constructed to pretend that I was driving a train.
The actions of the team, and how they are dressed, remind me of young kids at play. Look at 9:19 when Tokacchi / TOQ 2 had the track slipping off his helmet. He is the only member of the team who wears glasses.

Conclusion.... the entire team is grade schoolers who also love Super Sentai who were returning from a field trip, there was an accident, they are in comas, and somehow, their dreams have entered into reality.

Costume note: Did I spot a piece of black velcro sticking out from the costumes at the numbers? This would make sense, as it would save a lot of time in production when the colors are switched.... remove the 2 and stick on a 4.
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”