Toqger 02 departing now

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Toqger 02 departing now

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/TQG_Station_02

No real answers. I'm guessing this mystery will be one that continues throughout the series.

I see, so they travel from place to place undoing the corruption that takes place. Kind of a simple premise

Hikari is an interesting guy. I remember seeing an old time Japanese film where the oldest kid was playing with the ball and cup thing. He was doing it well, since he was supposed to be seen as a smart kid. I guess Hikari must be a smart kid as well.

When did being the blue guy mean you were silly, while green meant you were a serious pessimist? Shinkenger?

I kind of liked the fighting on the CGI train, as silly and bad looking as it was.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Toqger 02 departing now

Post by Phoenix512 »

I sorta of figured that they weren't going to give answers in the second episode. So they are hobos hopping from one station to another and reversing whatever effects the Shadow Line caused by being there. I do like it though since it hasn't really been done in Sentai before.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Like Phoenix said, they aren't gonna let that big of a bombshell drop in the first two episodes. That's gonna come along later down the road (maybe in episodes 20-30.)

This probably isn't something to merit a V2 release, but can you stop using 'Right' with a capital 'R'? It's a tad bit confusing.

Out of all the Toqgers, I really wanna know Pinks back story. What is it that makes her constantly have to doubt herself then change her combat strength based on what she sees herself as?

That scene where Toq 2 was like 'Wait, my rails aren't on right' was hilarious to me. XD

Silly suits and Megazord design aside, this series is starting to grow on me.

I really want to see one of the Toqgers start letting the darkness in their hearts out. That'd make for a great plot episode.
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

Was it just me or was there some missing dialogue when Sabre Shadow's blades broke at the tunnel entrace? He did not say a word and basically let himself be destroyed. I do like the idea of hopping from station to station and fixing the damage done by the Shadow Line.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

JujinSan wrote:Was it just me or was there some missing dialogue when Sabre Shadow's blades broke at the tunnel entrace? He did not say a word and basically let himself be destroyed. I do like the idea of hopping from station to station and fixing the damage done by the Shadow Line.
I dunno if anything should have been said. It was kinda like an "Oh shit...this is gonna hurt" moment to me. I like that it turned out like that.

Oh Hikari's got a kendama. Funny cause I'm playing the Tales of Symphonia and Genis's uses on in battle.
I feel like I'm going to like Hikari the most. Just so far he seems like he's the most sensible.

Right's just downright annoying. I personally don't plan on liking him or even wanting to like him.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

FangTrigger wrote:This probably isn't something to merit a V2 release, but can you stop using 'Right' with a capital 'R'? It's a tad bit confusing.
LOL. If that's the start of a sentence, I'm not sure what you want me to do, man XD

There is a brief "Ah." When Sabre's swords are broken.
CrazyBlaze
Infinity
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: TOKU!
Quote: Finished: Sentai: Dairanger, Kakuranger, Abaranger, Dekaranger. Magiranger, Bokuenger, Go-onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyrouranger

Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Agito, Faiz, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim

Watching: Gekiranger, ToQer, Drive

Post by CrazyBlaze »

Maybe write it like Righto or something? I know that looks strange but it could be a way to differentiate the name from other uses. Just my two cents on the matter. Though I really wish the creators named him Light or something like that. Right is just a strange name. Its like calling your kid North or Apple or Purple (celebrities are weird).
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

After the weird first episode I wanted to give this series another episode before seriously evaluating it. And after 2 episodes my evaluation is this: it's going to be a loooong year.

When it comes right down to it, the team is composed of spazes. Worse, their power is drawn from being spazes. So it's going to be all spazes all the time.

And don't get me started on the robo. I really don't know what Bandai was thinking this year. No hands, giant shoulders (they couldn't find a place to put half of each train?) and colored lines going right up the middle, making for one bulky mess.

The one strong point for Toqger right now is the villain designs (we really don't know anything about the characters yet), both the generals and the mooks. Well, except for Gothic Lolita Grimace, at least.:P

As for this episode, we did at least get some backstory to work with. The heroes clearly aren't actually dead, but I hope they don't end every episode like this.

Though what's with Green saying he was afraid of flying, and then flying a train on the next scene? I don't think that was supposed to mean anything, so that just seems like poor script development there.
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

Lets start the second episode with.... Civillains hurting each others! Yikes, this series is dark ;/...... Kaijin blades brake on the tunnel, damn this series is funny :D.....wait....

Kind of a shame that we won't get the answer already, had to wait for it a little, still calling dead kids.

So we meet Wagon-chan, it's neat cos it was quite some time since we had a "ranger looking" companion (was there somethink after Kakurangers, i don't remember such guy).

Monster design so far is more kamen rider like, that kaijin might have giant sword guards as shoulderpads but was still made to look cool and not silly.

Fighting on trains was realyy well done in a creative way, still i think the more we will see this, the fight between mecha and giants will be very short, but ToQ-Oh is a piece of sh*t, i don't mind that at all.
Ximara
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
My boom: Marvel
Quote: "Where'd you get the name Ximara?"
"It's my nobody name."

Post by Ximara »

takenoko wrote:
FangTrigger wrote:This probably isn't something to merit a V2 release, but can you stop using 'Right' with a capital 'R'? It's a tad bit confusing.
LOL. If that's the start of a sentence, I'm not sure what you want me to do, man XD
I don't understand what was confusing about it. The only times I saw the word "right" pop up where it was not his name but still capitalized, you could clearly hear they weren't saying his name. The only way this would be confusing is if you watched the video with the audio muted.
ViRGE wrote:Though what's with Green saying he was afraid of flying, and then flying a train on the next scene? I don't think that was supposed to mean anything, so that just seems like poor script development there.
I guess it could be argued that he's TECHINCALLY not flying as the rails are not part of the train and it's running on them. Like how a rollercoaster or a monorail aren't flying. The RAILS however are clearly flying and not attached to anything on the ground, but considering the whole imagination thing you could say he's choosing to see it as not flying.

Another argument could be that he specifically says he's afraid of FLYING not HEIGHTS. I don't know if they can be translated as the same thing but in English they're two different things. Someone in my family has a real problem with airplanes but not heights. Ferris wheels, rollercoasters, you name it he's in, but MENTION traveling on a plane nope, deal breaker.

It could also just be him continuing the whole metaphor thing Mio had just set up the sentence before. Unless they bring it back up in a later episode it's probably not worth thinking too much on. Oh look...I already did.../sigh.

I got a kick out of the part when they were looking for the "cowards". Did anyone else notice the mooks all running up with different kinds of long distance viewing apparatuses? The thing that made me giggle was the one with the crystal ball lol.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

takenoko wrote:
The two simple things I can think of would be adding 'That's right,' or use other words like correct and exactly.
Vincearan
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Dreamy: Gokai Yellow
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Vincearan »

I know they simplified the rangers' suits for the line-change gimmick, but i can't help but sigh when it looks like more of the budget went into Wagon's costume than those of the rangers. Worse yet are the antagonists' costumes, which are amazingly detailed. The Kuros alone are way more detailed than what we're used to, and I can imagine it'll be expensive to keep them clean and intact.

I'm okay with a silly series, but Right is so thick-headed that I can't like him. Daigo had his silly and dumb moments, but they weren't so bad, and he had a natural charisma that Right and his baby face don't have.

And oh god that role call if we get 7 or more rangers down the line. we won't even have a show if the announcer has to say all their names twice like that.

I wonder if there will be a negative consequence to doing line changes all the time, or if it's just annoying Ticket because he wants things to run in an orderly fashion.

The flying train fight was dumb, but I really have to give props to the choreography and overall layout of the fight. It was clever to have the two flying trains make a gear junction together, as well as going over buildings and such.

When it comes to the mecha disassembling to dodge an attack, I can't help but think that there's a simple switch that someone throws in the cockpit because it happens so fast. Does anyone remember if the Go-Busters did that, or did they just use the flying parts for shielding?
Last edited by Vincearan on Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So are they just going to travel station to station freeing them? Sounds kind of lame. Nice to see a bro up episode from the 2nd though.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

Seriously they're hurting so much in the "Duel" area.

Nice duel in trains.

Wagon sure is cute + got her lips. She's always saying "Oh my~" like that will make me feel my heart beating. lol
Weather wrote:So we meet Wagon-chan, it's neat cos it was quite some time since we had a "ranger looking" companion (was there somethink after Kakurangers, i don't remember such guy).
"ranger looking"? That face looks like KyouryuuPink but they're different.
Spoiler
Unlike Gokai ep. 13, the next episode of TQG will be Kagura. Sounds interersting.

WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

So far this season in tied with Go-onger for being the campiest sentai that I've seen. I'm really liking this year's team so far. It's the perfect mix of Kamen Rider Den-O, Go-onger and a few other sentai teams that I can't think of ATM xD.

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”