Toqger 03 departing now

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
Delvas
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Paranoid? Maybe. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face.

Re: Toqger 03 departing now

Post by Delvas »

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode. I think it's the best one so far because of the focus on Kagura's personality and the creepy as all get out MotW.

The sense I'm getting from the series so far is that it could really easily descend into the ludicrus but the writers are doing a fantastic job of blending what amounts to the flip sides of dream and nightmare. I really can't wait to see where they end up going with it.

While I agree with some of the other posters that right now the transfer thing is a little gimiky, I can't help but think that the series bible has some good reason for it and it'll play a big role when things really start to heat up plot wise.

Also,
Spoiler
I'm forseeing some serious interpersonal plot stuff with the base monsters. I'm excited to see what happens between Grilka and Schwartz.
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu

Post by Arawynn »

I am really liking this season so far. We got quite an insight into Kagura's personaity. Her confident self was really good. I'm glad they havent shown her as the weak link. She will pull her weight quite well. The mermaid and prince memory was really funny.
Right is turning out to be quite mature despite his seemingly frivolous behaviour.
Wagon's selfie sound effects were hilarious! Ah-haan >_<
It looks like the five will remember snippets about their town and life as the show goes on and I am guessing the final battle will be in their hometown. I'm already curious about the 6th ranger.
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
Diviana
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: "We're all fools so might as well dance."
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Diviana »

Arawynn wrote:I am really liking this season so far. We got quite an insight into Kagura's personaity. Her confident self was really good. I'm glad they havent shown her as the weak link. She will pull her weight quite well. The mermaid and prince memory was really funny.
Right is turning out to be quite mature despite his seemingly frivolous behaviour.
Wagon's selfie sound effects were hilarious! Ah-haan >_<
It looks like the five will remember snippets about their town and life as the show goes on and I am guessing the final battle will be in their hometown. I'm already curious about the 6th ranger.
My bet is he/she is a friend from their hometown that transferred schools/moved away so they were in a different city when the Kajin came.
Super Sentai I've watched: Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyouryuuger, Toqger, Ninninger, Jyuohger
Kamen Rider I've watched: Den-O, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
MVZ-800
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Video games

Post by MVZ-800 »

The way the plot is developing... I'm getting the sense that maybe the Toqgers never grew up, and it is their powerful imaginations that are the heroes? So their town is trapped in darkness, their imaginations escaped and formed the Toqgers, but they are technically still children?

Would this be the first Sentai to have a male Pink ranger even if it isn't his default colour?

As for the train boner, I suddenly want to see someone edit one of the Thomas the Tank Engine faces on the end just for extra funny/weirdness.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

MVZ-800 wrote:
Would this be the first Sentai to have a male Pink ranger even if it isn't his default colour?
The Gokaigers did an all pink Gokai Change once before. I think they might have done it first. Pink male.
losdiamantespro
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Favorite series: ボウケンジャー、仮面ライダーW
2nd Favorite Series: デカレンジャー、仮面ライダー電王
Dreamy: Haruka Suenaga
Favorite Actor?: Mitsuomi Takahashi
Favorite Band: PROJECT R.
My boom: Music
Quote: Dominando Al Corazon! "Dominating The Heart"

Post by losdiamantespro »

The episode was good this pink will grow on me! However im surprised that no one paid attention to the cute drummer in the pv! :D
Sauce
Yakiniku Wizard
Yakiniku Wizard
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Megaranger/Boukenger
Dreamy: all da lady
My boom: Sentai
Quote: "Super Hungry, Gyudon Changer!"
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Sauce »

losdiamantespro wrote:The episode was good this pink will grow on me! However im surprised that no one paid attention to the cute drummer in the pv! :D
Nope, didn't slip past me.
kamenriderotaku
7X
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: GOOOOOOOKAIGER!
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Shu
Favorite Band: Weird Al
My boom: Making KR Suits
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by kamenriderotaku »

dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Kagura is growing on me a little now, but she's still the most irritating character on the show. I hope we don't have to put up with her imagining strength every single episode for the next year. I'll put up with the complete Jacob Two-two rollcall on a weekly basis over that, oh god.

So the ToQgers most likely come from a town somewhere which has been taken over by the Shadow Line. Calling it now: their hometown is inside the big ol' terminal castle for Shadow Line.

And Miss Grimace has a crush on General Schwarz Image

I love the set for Shadow Line's palace, it's huge and gorgeous!
TBustah! wrote: Ugh... I'm with what you said last time, Dancer, Wagon is creepy. I know, Japan's a different culture, blah, blah, blah, but that ain't kids' stuff. When Saban comes out with their version in a few years, I won't complain if they leave her out entirely.
Yeah, it's really weird that she's just this blatant sexy robot who doesn't seem to be around except to be a sexy robot. And it was a wasted opportunity to hint that Kagura might've been in a selfie and then not to use that obvious lead for the rest of the team to know where she was.

Also, Kagura's nose is weirding me out.
Sauce
Yakiniku Wizard
Yakiniku Wizard
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Megaranger/Boukenger
Dreamy: all da lady
My boom: Sentai
Quote: "Super Hungry, Gyudon Changer!"
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Sauce »

dancercotillion wrote:Also, Kagura's nose is weirding me out.
but it's cute

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”