Toqger 11 departing now

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Toqger 11 departing now

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/TQG_Station_11

I like the in-politics on the bad guy side.

That excited look in Zetto/Zet's eyes when Right said he wasn't giving up was pretty great. I don't know what the deal is with him, but I like a wild card element. It also seems interesting that the bad guy commander is human and male this time. For some reason it feels like these roles usually go to women more often.

I burst out laughing when Gritta was standing on the train station for her emotional run away scene. Because... it's Gritta.

Probably could have used a commercial break before the train corner.

Pretty excited to see where this plot goes.

Oh that's why Zet looks familiar, he was Nobunaga from the OOO movie.
Merisusa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: PGSM / Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze / Gokaiger
Dreamy: Nephrite / Yumeria
Favorite Actor?: Masato Wada
Favorite Band: Yuzu / Daft Punk
My boom: Gekiga
Quote: We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. -Oscar Wilde

Re: Toqger 11 departing now

Post by Merisusa »

The in-politics among the Shadow Line was a nice touch, really reinforced that European court feel. Baron Nero's tantrums were spectacular. It was nice seeing Nero and Noir have a chance at fighting, and the character suits looked great in motion.

Zet feels like a pleasant change, and looks like he will be amusing too. And it is nice to have some eye-candy that is older then me for a change, makes me feel less like a pervy old lady.

Gritta on the lam was both hilarious and adorable... I hope she succeeds in evading her mother.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

It may just me but I think our emperor will be our sixth ranger and he is actually brainwashed or something like that to be emperors physical body. I think Toqgers actual enemy will be the that imperial guard much like how it was in goseigers.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Yay, a human antagonist! After Go-Busters I was afraid they weren't going to be willing to do that again, and this series has certainly started out that way. The rubber suits may make for better monsters, but nothing beats a proper actor for emoting.
takenoko wrote:I burst out laughing when Gritta was standing on the train station for her emotional run away scene. Because... it's Gritta.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. It's a 6ft tall purple people eater; it's not as if she can meaningfully hide if any iota of logic is applied to the situation. :lol:
Merisusa wrote:The in-politics among the Shadow Line was a nice touch, really reinforced that European court feel. Baron Nero's tantrums were spectacular. It was nice seeing Nero and Noir have a chance at fighting, and the character suits looked great in motion.
I agree the suits look great in motion, but I still feel the characters are underutilized right now. They're still one-note caricatures rather than fleshed out characters. It's hard to take their politics seriously when there's barely any depth to them. And the arrival of Zett will only further reduce the amount of screen time they get, since it now has to be shared.
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

I love interaction between bad guys in this show, it's not just simple bickering.

Third episode with Diesel-oh? ToQgers realyy making up for crappy design of ToQ-oh.

Ok, i was not expecting Darkness lord to be like this, i realyy wonder what will happen later. Another reason why ToQger bad guys could be the best we've had for a long time.

So Gritta bolted huh, would be interesting if she became ToQger, or she will just go around doing nothing, and will come back after some episodes, and maybe then she will get a new form.

So by Zett, ToQgers were swallowed by darkness once? Dead children theory intensifies.
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

I like how the Big Bad is fascinated with light. Maybe he'll become good at some point. His relationship with Right was set up pretty well as well.
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

gh0stwrit3r wrote:I like how the Big Bad is fascinated with light. Maybe he'll become good at some point. His relationship with Right was set up pretty well as well.

Thats the kind of unique'ness we don't often see in sentai, like first main boss from Goseiger was nice to his people's, Zett may be a lord of darness yet he's interested in light, which he saw for the first time. Such reaction is so....realistic, he isn't like Baron or Madame with "destroy all light, darkness must rule." Zett is very human, and i'm not talking about his form.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

Somehow I feel that he is just playing around with the ToQgers, and has some big evil plan, because of the way he watches them in his chair at the end.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Am interested to see what direction they take with Zet. I like how he is interested with the world and sick of the darkness.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I think it'd be hilarious if he wound up joining the team. Decides the Age of Sparkling must be preserved, becomes the Sixth Ranger, gets into fights with Hikari constantly.

And yeah, Gritta on the platform :3
Strykor
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkengers
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Quote: Ever have one of those flashbacks...

Post by Strykor »

Out of curiosity, is the Emperor's name gonna stay ending in t or will it switch to d? The wiki's using d and comparing him to MMPR's Lord Zedd.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Well that just seems ridiculous seeing as Zett's name is clearly spelled zetto in Japanese. If they wanted Zedd then they would have used zeddo.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I just assumed they were going for a foreign pronunciation for the letter Z:
"zet in Dutch, Polish, Romanian and Czech, Zett in German (capitalised as noun), zett in Norwegian"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z#Name_and_pronunciation

We had it as Zet initially, but decided to give it the second t, because the Japanese would have been Zetto.

I don't see any reason to assume the name is based on Lord Zedd. That seems like one of those Power Ranger fan theories that don't hold up. But yeah, Lord Zedd gets his name in a similar way, since in Canada they pronounce Z as Zedd.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

Ohh... I like this episode, things are getting serious. Maybe from now is the time when they finally need reinforcement? As in sixth ranger or something.

I still can't take any scene with Gritta in it seriously though.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

takenoko wrote:I don't see any reason to assume the name is based on Lord Zedd. That seems like one of those Power Ranger fan theories that don't hold up. But yeah, Lord Zedd gets his name in a similar way, since in Canada they pronounce Z as Zedd.
And in Britain.

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”