Toqger 21 departing now

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Re: Toqger 21 departing now

Post by dancercotillion »

I guess, it's not like Right's gonna pull any crazy-smart plots out of his ass to defeat, like, anyone ever. He mostly just imagines himself punching a dude really hard and winning.

But really, having the villains not like each other is one thing; these guys seem to really actively hate one another and are almost never on the level with each other over anything. Noire is up to something w/r/t this marriage, Schwarz is plotting something around trains, and Nero... I have no idea. He seems so baffled by Zett's obsession with light, I'm half expecting him to be the one to plan a coup d'etat.
ChibiZyuJin
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by ChibiZyuJin »

I simply can't stand Kagura. It's not a simple dislike, I flat out hate her. Her voice, her character... Everything about her makes me want to kill her. I want a mid season death and I want it to be Kagura. Even Glitter is a better character. I started to skip every single moment she talks(kagura)... I want her to go.
Strykor
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkengers
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: Ever have one of those flashbacks...

Post by Strykor »

So they're gonna try and pinpoint their hometown by using the constellations in relation to their secret base... I love the fact that, for the sake of the story, they're completely ignoring the existence of search engines.

Anyway, I also dreamed (bad pun, I know) up a theory that the kids' bodies were taken over by the Shadow Line bosses, but that would be too farfetched, even for Sentai.
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

dancercotillion wrote:But really, having the villains not like each other is one thing; these guys seem to really actively hate one another and are almost never on the level with each other over anything. Noire is up to something w/r/t this marriage, Schwarz is plotting something around trains, and Nero... I have no idea. He seems so baffled by Zett's obsession with light, I'm half expecting him to be the one to plan a coup d'etat.

It's not that they just hate each other, that would be cliche and boring, they are annoyed with each other (actually its only Nero and Noire) that they are having different plans, also is the fact that for a long time they were going without they main leader. I don't think comparing them to babies or calling them incompetent is in any way correct, for that i would use some other villains that are just squabbling and getting in each other way just becos. These guys are having they own plans, which are diffent in more way then just execution. Nero and Schwarz are the most competent in Shadow (until next episode), one wants to create as much shadow, while the other wishes for a big army of battle trains, which can also help achieve they goal. While i can't say for sure what is more important to Nero, getting on a good therms with Zett or just the darkness (i can realyy see him going after Zett head, becos he wouldn't see him suitable for the role of the emperor of darkness, with all that light loving stuff), those plans are working for they cause, while Noire is just going about wedding like a mother trying to get herself something good by using her daughter, have yet to see what this wedding is about, but out of the three, she is the most interested about herself, Schwarz may not care that much about shadow, but what he's doing is working also for shadow, and Zeno is all about shadow.

Those are some realyy well though out characters, and realistic also, since it happens a lot of time in organization, that it's members have different goals. Also, i realyy hate talking like: "Why he didn't just kill him?" Why? Becos that is his character, becos he isn't some emotionless robot programmed to reach the goal in the most effective way, watching something like this would be boring. Woudl you call Zett incompetent, for trying to get the "light" instead or just creating more darkness for Shadow? Would you call Gritta incompetent for trying to follow her own heart, instead or doing everything just for the sake of Shadow?

I would put Shadows on the top of my list of sentai villains, they are very unique, from Gritta to lord Zett.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Nice body switch episode. This is probably the best one since Magiranger. I agree with that. It actually moved advanced the plot to a much more serious note. This marriage angle is getting interesting and I wonder how it will play out. The lip synching on all the other characters was done well too. I thought they were going to let the actors mimic who their body was switched into.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Some laws break you.

When people say "the best body-swap since Magiranger", I clutch my Sousuke-BanKi amigurumi to my chest and cry ;___;
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Gotta agree, that one was better done and funnier. I didn't really find this one to be that good honestly, they didn't do much with it
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

Strykor wrote:So they're gonna try and pinpoint their hometown by using the constellations in relation to their secret base... I love the fact that, for the sake of the story, they're completely ignoring the existence of search engines.

Anyway, I also dreamed (bad pun, I know) up a theory that the kids' bodies were taken over by the Shadow Line bosses, but that would be too farfetched, even for Sentai.
It would appear that nobody on the Rainbow Line owns a laptop...
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I imagine that somehow if they have a laptop, the collective might of Toqgers would break it somehow.
bluegreen
Infinity

Post by bluegreen »

ChibiZyuJin wrote:I simply can't stand Kagura. It's not a simple dislike, I flat out hate her. Her voice, her character... Everything about her makes me want to kill her. I want a mid season death and I want it to be Kagura. Even Glitter is a better character. I started to skip every single moment she talks(kagura)... I want her to go.
I seem to feel that way about pink on every show. I don't know if it is the characterizations or the actresses they pick, but pink always rubs me the wrong way. They always seem to come across as grown woman trying to be a little girl, lollipop and teddy bear types. I guess that's a Japanese thing, but it does nothing for me.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Some laws break you.

bluegreen wrote:I seem to feel that way about pink on every show. I don't know if it is the characterizations or the actresses they pick, but pink always rubs me the wrong way. They always seem to come across as grown woman trying to be a little girl, lollipop and teddy bear types.
Ugh, yeah, pinks are just so girly and dumb

UGHHHHHHHH, STUPID LITTLE GIRL WITH HER TEDDY BEAR
meljta
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai and Riders
Favorite Actor?: Junya Ikeda
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japon
Quote: Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reings, yet by the blade of knights, maikind was given hope.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by meljta »

and don't forget Matsuri from gogoV or Yuuri from Timeranger!!
We are the two-in-oneKamen Rider
bluegreen
Infinity

Post by bluegreen »

Ok....there are exceptions to every rule. In my defence, I've not seen gogoV or timeranger (although I would like to)
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

Talking bout tough pink rangers and not mentioning the biggest badass of GouGou sentai, Boukenpiunk? :P I haven't seen that much SS, but why do i get the feeling, that girly pink rnagers are actually in minority?
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

Weather wrote:Talking bout tough pink rangers and not mentioning the biggest badass of GouGou sentai, Boukenpiunk? :P I haven't seen that much SS, but why do i get the feeling, that girly pink rnagers are actually in minority?
There's a picture of her right above you bro...

Anyway, this was a pretty good episode, though the best part had to be ToQ6 additional helmet. Like just incase he ever gets swapped over he was completely prepared. Also Tokatti's facemask.
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”