Toqger 22 departing now

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Toqger 22 departing now

Post by DaVinci030 »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/TQG_Station_22

I like the way Zett gets Gaburincho'd by Glitter. Love her wings.. eh? This is why Glitter possessed Emperor Zett's power to become an empress. Impressive. :)
Very upset for Baron Nero... LOL'd

So Glitter doesn't call Schwarz as "Schwarz-sama" since she's an empress.
Spoiler
Chou Chou TOQ Dai-Oh KITAAA!!!

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Toqger 22 departing now

Post by takenoko »

The show is off next week, so it figures that there's going to be a big plot development in this episode.

As we suspected, it looks like the Toqgers' hometown was swallowed up by the darkness. Convenient that they forgot about that aspect when they were all excited about finding their hometown again.
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

i would have to say that business is picking up now. was not expecting Zett to get swallowed up like that and Glitters personality does a complete 180 afterwards.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I hope that when the whole eating the emperor thing backfires, Nero is the one to carry out the punishment.

Although, how did Nero not know that Noire had that kind of power and therefore it may be inherited?
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

I said that sh*t would go down, and it did, big time. So, let's get to it.

ToQgers villain appreciation corner:

Gotta say, Nero positively suprised me, i was getting the vibes of a guy that would betray Zett becos he didn't see him fit to be a king of Shadow line, but now he's the most royal one.

Those guys in shaod wline are the best villains i've seen in a long time. Gritta sacrifising so much, just for her love, and Schwarz. I wasn't expecting anything from him after he used her, but that thing about him being a military man, and doing what a man like him must do, since this is his passion, that was a realyy nice touch.

Ok so Gritta sports some mad power (i wonder if wings has some meaning or they just used them for censorship), ok this cannot be the end of Zett (no matter how he was horribly eaten). But it looked like he knew about it, since he said that where he's going, no one else can go. And i'm still waiting for explanation of Gritta as whole (and for her change of forms). Plus, cool mecha.

So that was Madam Noire plan aaaaaall alone, use Gritta (realyy weird and convenient) powers to take out Zett and make her into Empress. But.....Gritta couldn't know about her powers, so how is this......Right now i'm way more interested in Gritta secret than ToQgers secret.

Rest of episode:

Ok, so they can just destroy those things and just get on rainbow trains...It makes sense but it's so sudden, at the beginning it makes you scratch your head for a while.

I know that Schwarz is powerful, but to overpower both Diesel-oh and build-dai-oh? Or is it becos the power of light and darkness has mixed.....Once again, my mind goes to Gritta with her being the creature of shadow and light.

Ooooh, so that's why she though that memory wasn't all that good. So when Zett said they were swallowed by darkness he meant it literally. Sooooo..... I think we can kiss dead kinds theory goodbye....For now.... So what are our options? I won't believe that this event happened that long ago, also we don't have enough info, for example that darkness. Is it just like when other cities got taken over and they just made it more dramatic? Or did it go down the other way? Would be interesting if Shadow Line base is they home city XD
TankCoyote
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Joe
Favorite Actor?: Gai
Favorite Band: Yes
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: my GF
Quote: GOKAICHANGE! GoooookaiSiiiilver!

Post by TankCoyote »

Chou Chou = Choo Choo?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

TankCoyote wrote:Chou Chou = Choo Choo?
Isn't the pronunciation Chou Chou? From the captions: 超超トッキュウダイオー!

Choo choo would be a chu chu sound.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Either way, they are both dumb sounding names but I would prefer Chou over Choo anytime.
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

isnt the translation of chou "Super"? Chou Chou TOQ Dai Oh = Super Super TOQ Dai Oh. just a random thought i had.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I think it's a pretty clear allusion to "choochoo", what with the whole "trains" thing.

Kind of disappointed in Glitter's sole change being red eyes. Come on, Toei, give that girl a less horrific form, she's a living god now.
Virgo Angel
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Ninja Sentai Kakuran
Dreamy: Gentarou Kisaragi
Favorite Actor?: Sota Fukushi
My boom: Junya Ikeda

Post by Virgo Angel »

i hope she keeps the form and they dont give her some stupid "Sexy" for it's been over used and stupid if anything hope she gets and even worse form if she does.
Neurologic
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
My boom: Gaim
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Neurologic »

Virgo Angel wrote:i hope she keeps the form and they dont give her some stupid "Sexy" for it's been over used and stupid if anything hope she gets and even worse form if she does.
I agree, though maybe its part of my spite towards the people harping for Glitter to change, but i hope she gets worse gradually, like maybe Zett starts to affect her from the inside out
Some logic can only be found in the brain
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Since we're already on the subject of Gothic Lolita Grimace, I have to say I completely cracked up as she was walking down the aisle, and not in a good way. That purple pudgeball and her big goofy face just look ridiculous in that context. And equally ridiculous as the leader of the Shadow Line for that matter.

I don't imagine that was the reaction the producers were going for, and it's getting increasingly hard to take her seriously when she looks like an escapee from the local McD's Play Place. Presumably she isn't going to remain the Empress, as otherwise she just doesn't look threatening enough to be the big bad.

Anyhow, the mecha fight was done well. These guys aren't going to match Go-Busters any time soon, but we've had a few fights now this season that are head and shoulders above the average Sentai fare. They've done well to avoid abusing the heck out of CGI this year. Though the idea that boarding ToQ-Oh is as easy as shooting the turnstile is a bit of a reach on the writers' part.

Finally, did anyone else notice that Akira completely whiffed the group henshin? He's holding the train noticeably above the AppliChanger when he makes his motions.
Weather wrote: Gotta say, Nero positively suprised me, i was getting the vibes of a guy that would betray Zett becos he didn't see him fit to be a king of Shadow line, but now he's the most royal one.
This statement surprises me. Nero has consistently been the only member of the Shadow Line that's actually focused on their primary task of collecting darkness. Noire has been focused on the wedding for obvious reasons, and Schwarz just wants to play with his trains. :lol:
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger

Post by Lunagel »

dancercotillion wrote:I think it's a pretty clear allusion to "choochoo", what with the whole "trains" thing.
Eh, I'd be leery of assuming that. Japanese choochoo sound is しゅしゅーぽぽ shushuupopo. There's no ch sound at all. It could be a reference to the English sound but I think you're giving the Toei people way too much credit, considering their track record.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote:
dancercotillion wrote:I think it's a pretty clear allusion to "choochoo", what with the whole "trains" thing.
Eh, I'd be leery of assuming that. Japanese choochoo sound is しゅしゅーぽぽ shushuupopo. There's no ch sound at all. It could be a reference to the English sound but I think you're giving the Toei people way too much credit, considering their track record.
Lunagel, I'm not sure if that's intentional or not, but that is a deliciously awful pun. :lol:

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”