Toqger 23 departing now

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
CrazyBlaze
Infinity
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: TOKU!
Quote: Finished: Sentai: Dairanger, Kakuranger, Abaranger, Dekaranger. Magiranger, Bokuenger, Go-onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyrouranger

Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Agito, Faiz, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim

Watching: Gekiranger, ToQer, Drive

Re: Toqger 23 departing now

Post by CrazyBlaze »

ViRGE wrote: Though I have to say I'm disappointed in Chou Chou Toq Dai-Oh. The usual complaints about being a cluster aside, it's just too damn similar to Gigant Kyouryuujin. Admittedly there are only so many ways to build a cluster-mech, but at least cycle through everything so that it doesn't repeat in a single year. Between the weapon, the spiky head, the chest lasers, and the platform shoes, it's not much more than a train themed version of last year's mech. :(

Don't forget Great Go-Buster. This is the third year running we've had this design, including that spear thing.
Impact
7X
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Dairanger
Favorite Band: Gackt
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Shio Ramen
Quote: "Dios no me ama!"

Post by Impact »

That was a great episode. Agreed on the visuals, especially Akira's part. Seeing as he wasn't a part of their friend circle initially, I appreciate that they didn't put him in the hand holding part until he sees that rainbow. Nice twist would be if Akira is the one that sent their town into darkness. I don't believe Schwarz is dead either. No explosion, didn't see a body, Zett seeing a sparkle of light. Maybe he will be a dark hero type to avenge Glitter?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I'm honestly more interested in seeing Madame Noire's reaction to her daughter's death. Most of the time she only cared about Glitter so that she could be the power behind the throne when Glitter became Emperor, but with this, Baron Nero is definitely back in favor and Noire is going to be punished pretty harshly.

I absolutely love the villains in this show, I just wish the Toqgers themselves were less dopey and irritating.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

/me makes luna take care of all the Toqger children
Sauce
Yakiniku Wizard
Yakiniku Wizard
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Megaranger/Boukenger
Dreamy: all da lady
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Sentai
Quote: "Super Hungry, Gyudon Changer!"
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Sauce »

Here's the plot shift. Still holding out for a Glitter return and form change just because I can't think of any reason they'd make her so unnecessarily and obviously intentionally hideous. Schwarz obviously not dead since he's played up as a big rival villain for both Red and sixth this year.

New Zett looks pretty cool; bored of him as a character though. New mecha isn't terrible. Visor's cool. They're all pretty bad anyway besides Beard Dai-Oh and this one's a step up from the rest.

Laughed at Tokacchi fluttering his feet as they drift down on Akira from the sky. Not sure if they're making fun of their own cheesy effects or what but it was funny.

Makes me uncomfortable whenever there's a weird moment of Right doing some sweet shit specifically for Kagura because I'd really rather they don't have things go the way they did in Kyou at the end. Drop that cotton candy bruh.
Sauce
Yakiniku Wizard
Yakiniku Wizard
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Megaranger/Boukenger
Dreamy: all da lady
My boom: Sentai
Quote: "Super Hungry, Gyudon Changer!"
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Sauce »

Impact wrote:Nice twist would be if Akira is the one that sent their town into darkness.
I think his whole initial schtick was that when he explains his crimes to Right they all seem extremely mild (he just makes it rain on people) compared to the other shadows. He's also not an amnesiac.
DracusDemonica
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Gaim!
Quote: Ichigeki in the Shadow
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DracusDemonica »

Impact wrote:That was a great episode. Agreed on the visuals, especially Akira's part. Seeing as he wasn't a part of their friend circle initially, I appreciate that they didn't put him in the hand holding part until he sees that rainbow. Nice twist would be if Akira is the one that sent their town into darkness.
I feel like Akira joining hands with the Toqgers in the rainbow brings him full circle from just being a Shadow who protects the light to becoming an actual member. That would be a nice twist but something that goes against it is whenever it shows flashbacks to the darkness enveloping the festival we don't see any rain.
Sauce wrote:Laughed at Tokacchi fluttering his feet as they drift down on Akira from the sky. Not sure if they're making fun of their own cheesy effects or what but it was funny.
I just kind of counting it toward Tokacchi being Tokacchi.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

felt pretty bad for glitter and the general... I wonder if he ever did love her.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It didn't seem like Schwarz did. If anything, at worst he felt bad about using her because of his honor as a soldier. But maybe he was moved by Glitter in the end?
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Yeah, he's a grown man who manipulated the adolescent crush of a schoolgirl to further his own personal and political goals. I'm sure he liked Glitter, but ultimately he used her and would probably do it again if he had the chance.

Not even Glitter's own mother had Glitter's best interests at heart. :(
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

I begining to think Toqger theme isn't imagination at all. It's more like... friendship?

Cho Cho ToQ Dai Oh's transformation sequence was really cool this episode (first time in a while that I was really getting hyped), though the form itself is pretty lame. :?

Since the Toqger's encountered the darkness while they were kids during the festival, I guess that means they're currently super young and just have adult bodies for some reason.

Zett's Kaijin form super cool, and the imagery of the wedding dress falling like white feathers was cool.

So now that they know their towns name, can they board an express ride there?
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
DokiDoki Yukai
Adventure
Favorite series: Go-Onger
2nd Favorite Series: W, ToQger
Dreamy: Iwanaga Hiroaki
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Mayu
Favorite Band: AKB48
My boom: Sailormoon Crystal
Quote: If you're determined to fight...let's see how strong you are.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by DokiDoki Yukai »

dancercotillion wrote:Yeah, he's a grown man who manipulated the adolescent crush of a schoolgirl to further his own personal and political goals. I'm sure he liked Glitter, but ultimately he used her and would probably do it again if he had the chance.

Not even Glitter's own mother had Glitter's best interests at heart. :(

This right here is why I really am all about this show...just as it feels like on the surface things are bright and shiny, taking a closer look reveals the dark and twisty. I do hope the two of them make a comeback. Though I honestly didn't mind Gritta's look as I'm able to a)suspend my disbelief while, b) still remembering that this IS a kid's program, I doubt that if she comes back, that she will retain that form for much longer, if at all. I'm dying to see Noire's reaction to her daughter's death, if any.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

Great episode. I'd glad Zett's monster form is cool.

I wonder how Zett plans to steal the Toqgers' sparkle?

I keep thinking how nothing we've seen yet goes against the idea that the Toqger are really little kids imagining that they are heroes. (I mean if their town was enveloped by shadow when they were kids, why would they be adults now?)

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”