Toqger 23 departing now

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Toqger 23 departing now

Post by DaVinci030 »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/TQG_Station_23

I liked this episode <3. This is why the Toqgers are holding hands... just like their childhood times.

Also, we saw Zett in his Shadow form. Goodbye, Glitter-chan. *crying*

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Toqger 23 departing now

Post by takenoko »

I really like the metaphor of holding hands overlapped with the image of the trains linking up. That's super good.

And as corny as it was, Akira rising from the darkness to reach for the rainbow of the Toqgers was good too. Super good imagery all around.

Also, they're from Suabarugahama? What's the deal with Japan and their obsession with the Subaru stars? First Fourze, then here.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Hey, low-ground shaky cam. We haven't seen that used in a while.

Though I have to say I'm disappointed in Chou Chou Toq Dai-Oh. The usual complaints about being a cluster aside, it's just too damn similar to Gigant Kyouryuujin. Admittedly there are only so many ways to build a cluster-mech, but at least cycle through everything so that it doesn't repeat in a single year. Between the weapon, the spiky head, the chest lasers, and the platform shoes, it's not much more than a train themed version of last year's mech. :(

And hey, Zett gets a foam rubber form. I hope this doesn't mean we'll see too much less of human Zett; it's the human factor that makes him so much more threatening than the rest of the Shadows.
takenoko wrote:Also, they're from Suabarugahama? What's the deal with Japan and their obsession with the Subaru stars? First Fourze, then here.
It has to be a staff thing. Do Toqger and Fourze share any writers or directors?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Not really. Kobayashi writes most of TOQ while Fourze was mostly Sanjou Riku. It's probably just a popular star cluster for Japan.
DracusDemonica
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Gaim!
Quote: Ichigeki in the Shadow
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DracusDemonica »

Honestly I kind of hoped we would see Empress Glitter for a little while longer but I really dig Zetts shadow form. Was I the only one who had to pause the video when Akira jumped up about the name of Chou Chou Toq dai-oh?
Veryl
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Favorite Band: supercell
My boom: Miku, Persona

Post by Veryl »

Zett's Shadow form is incredible. Reminds me of something out of Catherine.

Chou Chou TOQ Dai-Oh looks really clunky though, and it felt weird not seeing the TOQ change and roll call. But besides that, was a solid episode. Sad to see Glitter go so early on, but things are progressing well now!

On a side note. It's really really small, but kinda dissapointed they're just gonna cycle the old sequence in the OP where each TOQger falls down. I thought they'd reshoot it as we had the group one last episode. But they've been really good about including ToQ-6 in the OP, I love seeing that.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The General gets the Inoue river treatment.

I like how Akira corrects the name of the new formation.
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

Man, TQG must always suprise me, i did not expected Gritta and Schwarz to die first, i was seriously thinking they would outlive Nero and Noir O.o. Buuut appearently Zett don't want to just have a light beside him, he wants it, in him... So my theory of Zett becoming a good guy, died just like Gritta. Okeeey, so is Noir getting killed off next? Or maybe he will do it, after she also starts "sparkling", at least Nero will be happy. Btw, Zett design is uber badass, i actually like that he has a face (usually i prefer faceplate). Buuuut what now? Toqgers know what they city is, so i guess we're going with shocking plot twist once they get there? I hope for something like that.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I don't think Schwarz is dead. He fell off a cliff, but I'm sure the Overlord King saved him and they'll hang out for a while, expositing.

I like how absolutely hideous ChouChou is. It's just so terrible, a lack of any elegance or thought all around. G12 is still the best clustermech.
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

A really good episode here. when schwarz did his mech sword attack i had flashbacks to barizorg from gokaiger there. i still think nero is going to be upset with zett and his shining darkness agenda. as for schwarz...TQ0? i see that they wanted kagura to do as little unmorphed fighting as possible given her attire.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

This episode was all around great. I literally had to rewatch the TQG 1 fighting the Kuros because I didn't realize it was all him the first time.

Zett's shadow form is completely badass.

I actually like ChoCho. It's looking more like an actual mecha now instead of 5-7 trains right alongside eachother.
meljta
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai and Riders
Favorite Actor?: Junya Ikeda
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japon
Quote: Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reings, yet by the blade of knights, maikind was given hope.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by meljta »

this is the first time that the transfer is used to something, I had not noticed that he was Rigth all the time........ and i know that Zett isn't over yet!!
Nice episode!
We are the two-in-oneKamen Rider
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Kuchiri wrote:It's looking more like an actual mecha now instead of 5-7 trains right alongside eachother.
I'll agree with you that. The orange breaks up the striping from the other trains being laid out vertically.
Virgo Angel
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Ninja Sentai Kakuran
Dreamy: Gentarou Kisaragi
Favorite Actor?: Sota Fukushi
My boom: Junya Ikeda

Post by Virgo Angel »

great episode i wished gritta would have stayed around longer maybe had schwarz babies lol jkjk

Also the mech looked to clustery which ever since go-onger they have been doing and i've hated it every time

Also gotta love sweaty akira in a black wife beater he just fills it out so well he's def in my top five sentai hunks behind Asuka (Abareblack), Jiraiya (Nnja black), Gouki (Ginga blue) and before Yuusaku (Megasilver).
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Suabarugahama? They should have saved that name for the next car-themed Sentai. Then again, Fuji Heavy Industries used to build rail cars. :lol:

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”