Toqger 25 departing now

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Toqger 25 departing now

Post by takenoko »

Probably because RyouKnight came from Tokacchi's Imagination. Zett is always talking about how the Toqgers shine, so that's probably why.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I figured that, but I was surprised they didn't mention it in the show.
TheSixthSentai
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: ToQger
Dreamy: Madame Noir
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: ToQger!
Quote: "Is this Heaven?" -Zalam/Akira Nijino

Post by TheSixthSentai »

Woohoo! Finally caught up enough to post!

Yeah, they really needed sort of a more regular, monster of the week episode since the absolute craziness of 22-24. Alternative idea for why RyouKnight is more tangible/motivated than the other fairy tale people: maybe he is somehow tied to Tokacci's brother's soul? And we haven't gotten that in show because it's a reveal waiting to happen.

So it turned out earlier that the Emperor was manipulating Glitter to get her sparkle. So there was more to his plans than his simple fascination with her shine. With that in mind, what do you think his plan for the ToQgers is, given his protective actions towards them?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think he wants to make them shine as bright as possible, then take it away from them, or absorb them the way he did with Glitter.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Highlight of the episode is Akira shooting giant fireworks and scaring the shit out of everyone.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Catastrophe wrote:Highlight of the episode is Akira shooting giant fireworks and scaring the shit out of everyone.
Which is a bit odd if you think about it. These are kids playing with high powered weapons and giant robots. A firework in comparison is nothing. :lol:
Impact
7X
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Dairanger
Favorite Band: Gackt
My boom: Shio Ramen
Quote: "Dios no me ama!"

Post by Impact »

Think the big fireworks were a coincidence? Ha, Akira was having none of that Tokacchi and Mio confession scene. Now that Schwarz is back, do you think he'll go on an all out rampage, or focus on taking out Zett? Perhaps try and save Glitter? Seeing as Glitter isn't entirely dead, do you think she'll return in a new form, human form, or stay Grimace?
TheSixthSentai

Post by TheSixthSentai »

Those are intelligent questions, Impact, but I feel like I disagree. I think Akira has repeatedly shown himself to be more of a support type than a "Goes off alone and finishes the mission himself" type. I think he is going to focus on joining and supporting the ToQgers when they need him rather than going after anything in particular on his own.

Lol, I just caught the Grimace joke. Maybe we will see her human form. We've already seen two shadows have both forms, so why not? Yo, for a girl who looks like the Grimace she sure gets a lot of play...
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

I'm kind of bummed that RyouKnight didn't join the team. He would have made for an interesting RLA.
Impact
7X
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Dairanger
Favorite Band: Gackt
My boom: Shio Ramen
Quote: "Dios no me ama!"

Post by Impact »

TheSixthSentai wrote:Those are intelligent questions, Impact, but I feel like I disagree. I think Akira has repeatedly shown himself to be more of a support type than a "Goes off alone and finishes the mission himself" type. I think he is going to focus on joining and supporting the ToQgers when they need him rather than going after anything in particular on his own.
I was actually talking about Schwarz in that sentence, but this does bring up something interesting to talk about. Akira does help the team a lot, but it's no secret that he's looking for his place to die defending the rainbow. Do you think he would go off to do just that should he find his place?
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Akira's obsession with dying to atone for his sins is both his strength and his weakness, so yeah, he'll probably have an arc when were runs off to get killed in a big way, but in the end realizes that living lets him do more good than dying would have. Like, maybe at the end of the series when they're running stories to wrap up each character. Until then, he's just going to yank on some pulleys every episode after appearing out of nowhere.
TheSixthSentai

Post by TheSixthSentai »

Impact wrote: I was actually talking about Schwarz in that sentence, but this does bring up something interesting to talk about. Akira does help the team a lot, but it's no secret that he's looking for his place to die defending the rainbow. Do you think he would go off to do just that should he find his place?
Ah! I see my mistake. To answer your original question I think Schwarz is gonna lay low and build his power base. Maybe go on a secret quest to find a new string of support Resshas or something. We know the man equates power with trains, so that's probably what he'll shoot for.

As for your above question:
dancercotillion wrote:Akira's obsession with dying to atone for his sins is both his strength and his weakness, so yeah, he'll probably have an arc when were runs off to get killed in a big way, but in the end realizes that living lets him do more good than dying would have. Like, maybe at the end of the series when they're running stories to wrap up each character. Until then, he's just going to yank on some pulleys every episode after appearing out of nowhere.
I think this is exactly, precisely right.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

That RyouKnight is cooler then the sentai themselves... though I do wonder how the suit actor is able to see with that kind of helmet.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”