Toqger 26 departing now

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Toqger 26 departing now

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/TQG_Station_26

A lot of cute scenes with Kagura and Akira. Not a Kobayashi episode, so no major advances occur in the plot. But it's still pretty fun.

With the title, I was worried that we'd get Nossan levels of puns. Fortunately it wasn't that bad.

Guest stars are TimeGreen and Mugensai from Hurricaneger.

New episode preview
Spoiler
A power-up? It's been a while. Man, that does not look good...

Edit: Now that I think about it more, it's likely that Akira knew that Coin Shadow was a Kajin the whole time. That's why he tried to transform and why he was wondering why a Kaijin would want a bathhouse. Plus haven't members of the Shadow Line recognize each other in other forms in other episodes?
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Re: Toqger 26 departing now

Post by Arigomi »

*Braces for impact from imminent fangirl squee*

I wonder if during the planning stages this episode started out as an excuse for Akira to remove his helmet since he wears it so often.

And now... a nitpicky moment:
I'm surprised the mechanical problems with moving the bathhouse weren't addressed. The amount of plumbing required for such a business would mean there would be numerous pipes and drains that would have to be severed to make it feasible. Moving the bathhouse would also expose connections to the sewer system and possibly release a lot of sewer gas.
TankCoyote
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Joe
Favorite Actor?: Gai
Favorite Band: Yes
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: my GF
Quote: GOKAICHANGE! GoooookaiSiiiilver!

Post by TankCoyote »

Love the random transfer to do the TA-DA! and I love how GoGo hogs the action in this one, shoving IchiGo aside. We even see him sink to the ground, dejected, in one scene.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Excuse me for a bit. My crotch is calling.

Who cares about the real life physics of uplifting a building? The real question is did they uplift the building with the old guy inside.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Don't be a dick. He already marked it as a nitpick. Don't you have anything constructive to say?
Lita Maivia
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Lita Maivia »

I've never seen Timeranger or Hurricaneger but I recognized the Kajin as Shiguto from Garo. It took me longer than I would have liked but I was so happy when I saw him. I loved him in Tougen no Fue.

This episode was really enjoyable considering it was filler. I really like the traveling aspect of this show opening up to some unique scenery like the bath house. Also, it was nice to see Kagura with a different hairstyle for once. Also, she looks so much better with the low pigtails (like she's had in the past with the Conductor hat and the hard hat she wore in this ep). I've been wanting to see an Akira and Kagura team-up since "The Bride is on the Run" where they were the only two not switched and I thought we'd get them fighting side-by-side so that was fun to finally see. Also, Akira and Tokacchi are so great together.
Cthulhu
Infinity
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: Go over time and space

Post by Cthulhu »

Arigomi wrote:*Braces for impact from imminent fangirl squee*

I wonder if during the planning stages this episode started out as an excuse for Akira to remove his helmet since he wears it so often.

And now... a nitpicky moment:
I'm surprised the mechanical problems with moving the bathhouse weren't addressed. The amount of plumbing required for such a business would mean there would be numerous pipes and drains that would have to be severed to make it feasible. Moving the bathhouse would also expose connections to the sewer system and possibly release a lot of sewer gas.
Man , blue is working out isn't he ( if this wasn't a kids show i would call that fan service at it's best )
Leonsagara
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Leonsagara »

Phoenix512 wrote:Excuse me for a bit. My crotch is calling.

Who cares about the real life physics of uplifting a building? The real question is did they uplift the building with the old guy inside.
It seems like they must have, since he comes running out as soon as it is put back down. And now we know there are 219 rules for using a bathhouse and that Akira has a thing for bathhouses, since he uses the Japanese word for love that is hardly ever used, and never towards an inanimate object. Kind of like how when I was a kid, we always used to say "Why don't you marry it then?" whenever someone said they loved something. Basically, Akira is saying he would marry a bathhouse if it were possible.

Also, what is it with Japanese people and extremely goofy grins? Akira's smiles in this episode look almost exactly like Kouta's smiling when he was first figuring out what situations to use his belt in.
Last edited by Leonsagara on Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

What's more clustery than Chou Toq-Oh? Chou Toq-Oh with the fire arms. I genuinely feel sorry for the poor bastard who had to wear that suit. :(

And now that I think about it, Build-Oh being indisposed by holding a bath house was incredibly contrived, even for this show. They clearly had planned on Chou Toq-Oh from the start and needed a reason to not use Build-Oh while having Akira in the episode.

There's something about that smile with that text that seems so wrong...

Spoiler
Spoiler
A power-up? It's been a while. Man, that does not look good...
Spoiler
I know, right? It's bad enough that we're getting another red-only power-up after Kyouru already did it, but it's even more hideous than Kyouru's! :( A giant golden train as a chest piece? Goseiger would be proud.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Preview

Spoiler
Yeah, but I genuinely thought the Goseiger power ups looked cool. They were bulky, but it was thematically fitting.
yokakashi
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Dreamy: Ban
Favorite Actor?: takei Emi
Favorite Band: momoiro clover z
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: japan
Quote: Whatever happens! Happens

Post by yokakashi »

despite it being just a filler ep :lol:
It was still a great episode :mrgreen:
Spoiler
And man you just gotta love the great hot tub action Kagura and Mio~I'm right 8)
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

yokakashi wrote:And man you just gotta love the great hot tub action Kagura and Mio~I'm right 8)
Isn't Kagura's actor 16/17 or something, like Amy?
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

What do you want to bet Saban uses the footage from this episode before they introduce ToQ6's PR counterpart?

Unless they try to pass off the bathouse hanging in midair as a Japanese restaurant or something, if they don't use the footage before he's introduced, they'll have to write a new reason why his Zord can't be used.

Speculating how things will be adapted is part of the fun of watching a new Sentai. Sometimes, I think Toei intentionally throws in something super Japanese just to mess with Saban/Disney, like "go ahead: we dare you to adapt this!" :lol:
Arigomi wrote: And now... a nitpicky moment:
I don't even think that's a nitpick, you bring up a very valid point.

If it was any old building, I'd say you were nitpicking, but it's a bath house: plumping is vital to its operation! It seems so obvious now that you point it out... I'll bet even a lot of the little kids watching it picked up on it.

This show is so campy, that it wouldn't have seemed out of place if they lampshaded it. :lol:

"Thanks for ruining my business in an attempt to save it, ToQgers! The money monster is gone, but now I can't afford these repairs!"
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

HarryFA1 wrote:Isn't Kagura's actor 16/17 or something, like Amy?
Even though I usually shit on people for obsessing over how attractive the women are, though that's usually to the point of ignoring everything else in a show, I feel like it's important to say that there's nothing actually wrong with thinking a person in their late teens is attractive. You're not a pedophile for thinking a 17-year-old is good-looking; there's no real difference between them and their 18-year-old selves, other than the law needing an arbitrary line to define majority with. Now, if someone started obsessively posting about how cute the little girl from Gekiranger is, yeah, we might have a problem.

Anyway, the show pretty clearly plays the moment for laughs, considering everyone who isn't poor incel Tokacchi is as close to the door between the baths as possible, so yeah, you're meant to go "ooo the cute girls are naked in a hot tub together!" :roll:

Also, Akira is the best. I was wondering what the fuck he was fistpumping about on the train, and it turns out Mr. Rainyday just loves taking a hot bath. Can we just have Nijino Sentai Akiraranger already?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Mr. Rainyday, why you no obsessed with showers?

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”