Toqger 31 departing now

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Toqger 31 departing now

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/TQG_Station_31

Awesome episode. The 5-way battle between Zett, TOQ 1, Schwarz, Noire, and Mork was hilarious, since it's a nice reflection of the complexity of their character relationship dynamics. Also, Noire accidentally shooting at Mork was pretty good.

The kajin were okay. It's been a while since we had a pair. They're just based on the phrases "I have to sit down" and "Flipping the tea table (in anger)". You've probably seen the emoji:
(#ノー_ー)ノ彡┻━┻

Candelira's actress selling Furuta candy. Anyone find that ironic?

Great scene

Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Toqger 31 departing now

Post by Phoenix512 »

I recognize Table Shadow's voice from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure as Old Joseph. I really hope there's a "OH MY GOD!" from him at some point

I didn't like Right's sudden determination to defeat Zett. It really seem out of place but maybe it's related to the plot point that the President and Conductor were talking about.
dualvision1984
7X
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Quote: The meaning of the journey lies within the journey itself - Eijiro Hikari, Kamen Rider Decade
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by dualvision1984 »

Although I have not watched the episode, I would like to make a comment on the trivia note on the wiki section about Wagon seeing Toqgers as kids and not adults once they stepped in at the station.

Snip, possible spoiler?

:D :D :D
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

After a stretch of dull episodes I'm really happy that we're back to some high action and moving the plot once more. And while I don't care the slightest for the robos in this series, the model train footage is absolutely amazing, so I'm glad this served as a good excuse to get some more of that footage.

You know, we really don't get to see the generals fight enough. I'm sure staging a fight in those suits is a colossal pain for the stunties, but man does it look good. Especially when they're out fighting each other in the daylight. Which makes the 5 way battle royale between Zett, Right, and the 3 generals all the more fun. It's a shame they can't do that every week, because the choreography was very well done.

The MOTW was a bit of a waste though. Really they only exist to give the rest of the ToQgers something to do; Right is clearly the star of this episode. Though I do appreciate finishing off Chair Shadow by using a cluster robo, as Toei is clearly aware of how gaudy that thing is.:o

Now, can someone please explain why the president of the Rainbow Line is wearing a rabbit head? :|
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

Looking at that rabbit makes me think of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umezn9sD2cY
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

Finally some great episode!

Table shadow reminded me of that kaijin from Shinkenger that would say things that you don't liek to hear, and sent you flying, loved the scene when he sent lots of peoples flying XD

Great fight scene between Shadows and Raito, usually conflict between villains goes down to siple bickering, here they are after each other throats >D

Finally we get to see the higher up of ToQGers, and he fires ToQgers? Ok, who will fight shadows, Mr. Rabbit head?

Oooh, Wagon seeing Toqgers as kids? Sweeet.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I didn't realized that Wagon saw them as kids in that scene and watched it twice before I read it here.

Also, doesn't anyone think Hyper Ressha Terminal is like the Kingliner Terminal from Den-O?
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

Weather wrote:Finally we get to see the higher up of ToQGers, and he fires ToQgers? Ok, who will fight shadows, Mr. Rabbit head?
I think he expected Akira to act solo.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

takenoko wrote:
[ Image ]
What, is the Rainbow line Hydra now?

I liked this episode, but I didn't see when Right left the battle to then show up at the other battle.

Does anyone ever believe it when the heroes quit/are fired? They're always back at it the next episode.

It sounds like their big revelation will be just what many of us were thinking ages ago, or at least something close to it.

Oh, yeah - I just noticed Zett looks sort of like a Heartless. I guess that's appropriate given that he's a being of pure shadow.
Leonsagara
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Leonsagara »

takenoko wrote:Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/TQG_Station_31

Awesome episode. The 5-way battle between Zett, TOQ 1, Schwarz, Noire, and Mork was hilarious, since it's a nice reflection of the complexity of their character relationship dynamics. Also, Noire accidentally shooting at Mork was pretty good.
I'm pretty sure that Noire did that on purpose. She was pretty obviously lying when she said it was an accident. I loved the 5-way battle, it was the best part of the episode. Well, maybe except for Wagon seeing the 5 Toqgers turn into kids for a split second. I'm going to guess that they're growing up and possibly losing their imagination. Right getting more serious seems to be the key indicator of what the rabbit dude was talking about.

Was anyone else expecting the Rainbow Line President to look just like the conductor? Kind of like a humorous reference to how much like Den-O this series is.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>I'm pretty sure that Noire did that on purpose.

Yeah, I know.
johnnytalker
Adventure
Favorite series: Super Sentai Series

Post by johnnytalker »

Toqgers travelling via bus reminds me of Go-Onger! Hehe.

Loved the action scenes this week.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I noticed this time that Mork has a peacock theme to her. That makes Schwarz the only Shadow commander devoid of something birdlike, far as I know. Nero has that plague doctor mask, Noire has a bird face poking out the side of her head, Glitter had little feathery wings, and even Zett has a feathered mantle. But Schwarz is just this robot dude with some roses embroidered on his tunic.

(Phoenix, I just watched The Sun today, which has Joseph screaming in English I think even more than his fanservice episode did. And cussing, too!)
Strykor
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkengers
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Quote: Ever have one of those flashbacks...

Post by Strykor »

Wanted to say something about this episode, but couldn't think of anything printable to say about Harvey (what I call the Rainbow Line President).
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Harvey's a wonder hamster, not a rabbit!

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”