Toqger 33 departing now

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

What's your favorite Hikari episode so far?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:26 am

Station 7 Dejected, Demotivated Kagura thinks Hikari is mad at him for breaking his Kendma
11%
Station 14 Perplexed Detective, Famous Detective Hikari's detective work against a corrupt cop
22%
Station 28 Being Lame is Cool Tokacchi is jealous of Hikari
17%
Station 33 Decisive Karate Match Hikari and Right as Karate Rivals
50%

Total votes: 18
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Toqger 33 departing now

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/TQG_Station_33

Wow, what a great episode of Toqger. "The Hikari-central episode where he and Right beat up mooks for points like a violent video game"

But in all seriousness, I love the little twist at the end. This was actually a much better mystery than the episode where he played detective Hikari.

One clue that I noticed that wasn't mentioned is that the old man was bloodied in the flashback, but had no injuries in the present. I guess that was more of a clue for the audience, but I just wrote it off as lazy consistency. Glad to see I was wrong in that.

I'm also loving the use of the character songs in the episodes. I laughed when I heard kendama in Hikari's song.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Re: Toqger 33 departing now

Post by Slowking »

I did suspect it was going to be a twist like that, as soon as
Spoiler
Right and Hikari looked at each other before running into the building
. I need to rewatch it to be sure, but I think they were at the very least suspicious by that point.
Behold the Emperor!
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Pretty good episode so far. We're getting to see more of our main casts' past. Although I do wish they would have shown us more of their past early on in the show.
Kilowog
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: That's a secret :-P
Favorite Actor?: too many
Favorite Band: too many
My boom: OOO
Quote: "Life goes on. If you make struggle with your seriousness you will not feel an uneasiness."

Post by Kilowog »

This was an amazing episode. The fighting dynamic between Right and Hikari was well choreographed. The message with Hikari, to enjoy something like a game rather than be serious, hit home in a good way. It's ok to be serious but have little fun and sense of humor. They go hand in hand.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

The plot wasn't very good all things considered - they've done worse, but they've also done much better - but I have to give credit to the fight choreography team for getting Shison Jun and Yokohama Ryusei out doing their own fighting and doing it so well. Untransformed fighting is pretty rare in Sentai, so I do love a good fight when they throw it out as a treat like this.:D It's the kind of thing that really sets the best toku actors apart from the rest, when we can see that there's more to them than acting and voice overs.

Though the suit fighting and mecha fight suffered as a result. Hyper Resha was a stock footage fight, and Chou Chou ToQ-Oh wasn't much better. But I suppose something has to give if we're to have so much time and energy spent on the actors doing their own fighting.

On a side note, the fact that Toqger got an award from the Japanese train industry only further fuels my suspicions that the whole thing is one giant ad for the train industry. Between the train corner segment and now the award, the show isn't just train-centric but train-positive in a somewhat unsettling way.
takenoko wrote:One clue that I noticed that wasn't mentioned is that the old man was bloodied in the flashback, but had no injuries in the present. I guess that was more of a clue for the audience, but I just wrote it off as lazy consistency. Glad to see I was wrong in that.
That's what clued me in as well. It was at that point that something was clearly amiss.

Edit: And who's that in the picture on the front page? The suit actors?
CrazyBlaze
Infinity
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: TOKU!
Quote: Finished: Sentai: Dairanger, Kakuranger, Abaranger, Dekaranger. Magiranger, Bokuenger, Go-onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyrouranger

Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Agito, Faiz, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim

Watching: Gekiranger, ToQer, Drive

Post by CrazyBlaze »

Good episode. The thing I really noticed was that the characters really seem to be maturing a lot more. Right really didn't seem as over hyper as a couple episodes ago. I mean he still is a little but not as much. Its refreshing. It was cool to see how depressed Right was over the fact that his Grandpa might not have always supported him.

Also I might be missing something but is the fact that its a huge ad for the train industry a bad thing? I don't really understand why it is unsettling.
Veryl
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Favorite Band: supercell
My boom: Miku, Persona

Post by Veryl »

God I love ToQger :D

It was great seeing the suit actors fight the actors in the beginning, it's funny to see them trying to hold back for the actor's sake :lol: and Hikari's insert song is pretty good!
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Veryl wrote:God I love ToQger :D

It was great seeing the suit actors fight the actors in the beginning, it's funny to see them trying to hold back for the actor's sake :lol: and Hikari's insert song is pretty good!
WAIT THOSE WERE THE SUIT ACTORS? WAT
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I think it's hilarious that Tokacchi's suit actor looks like him.

I also think it's hilarious that Right's grandpa thinks he's a lazy little shit.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Hey, it's hard being Right! It's not easy being the brilliant leader who accomplishes things easily with minimal effort. He doesn't know what it's like to fail or to put serious effort into the things he does!
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I... oh my god. Right even has a special unique hair colour amongst the entire team. He's a Gary-Stu D:
redwhitesentai
7X
Favorite series: boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: dekaranger
Dreamy: bouken pink
Quote: hmm.. I'll think about it
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by redwhitesentai »

That karate kata sequences looks familiar, it is the real kata, or similar to some?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I'd assume it's real, seems more expedient to teach your actors a few kata than make up your own.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The best part is how Hikari beats Right at the contest. Looks like our Red isn't all around invincible!
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I don't find those toy cars nearly as annoying after having watched KR Drive.

This episode solidified Hikari as my favourite character.

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”