Toqger 35 departing now

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Toqger 35 departing now

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/TQG_Station_35

That was a pretty good episode. I'm a bit surprised that it wasn't a two part episode with the first episode occurring before the episode break.

Got to love the villains providing the backbone to this series' plot. All the villains have their own goals and believable motivations.

Didn't realize the Toqgers never talked to the president before. Their reaction is appropriate.

The Akira and Schwarz battle was pretty good, mostly because their fight lies deeper than the fight itself. The fact that they end the fight through discussion reflects this.

I really like the way TOQ Rainbow looks. It's definitely a nice departure from previous series' clusterfucks.

Looking forward to seeing what Schwarz, Akira, and Noire will do in the future. Now that Glitter's life seems to be on a deadline.

The Mericari commercial references Yamada Louis 53rd, the comedian who plays Professor Amachi in Goseiger.

Zett is an interesting character. He's not exactly malicious, he just wants what he can't have. And he was born into this role and way of life that he doesn't agree with. He'd be a more sympathetic character if he wasn't also doing villainous things to get what he wanted.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: Toqger 35 departing now

Post by Yaiba »

"It stood up!"
"...that's all?"

This line cracks me up

This series is good whenever they focus on the villains. They just have so much more depth than the 2-dimensional heroes. And I'm going to guess the President will look exactly like the Conductor
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Nah, they pulled that joke off already in Den-O. Plus President is clearly taller than Conductor.
Zony11
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Ucchi!
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Super Sentai
Quote: Kyoryu change!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Zony11 »

I am guessing the President will be Zett's twin or something like that which would sort of explain his interest in sparkles
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

A superb episode I liked what they did in the beginning.
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

Very good ep! correct me if im wrong but i believe that that was Yamagata Yukio (Gaoaranger) singing the insert song for TOQ Rainbow.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
Cthulhu
Infinity
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: Go over time and space

Post by Cthulhu »

The moment Raibow stood up the first thing that came to mi mind was shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii* those kurainers are screwed , nice to see a clean design for a ultimate for a change i can already see the toy where you can put all the trains released before ... it's gonna be huge
daburuwosagase
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Fourze
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "But they didn't know that this Majide is MADE OF DEKIRU and I will tsubusu you! I will tsubusu and TAOSU you!!"

Post by daburuwosagase »

Incredible, they actually found a way to make people buy Resshas (if this positive reaction holds true in Japan, that is).

Again, Akira finding a way to split off from the team. Akira's always on his own facing off against Schwarz or doing something off in the background, it's a wonder how he even gets screentime at all. He's plenty cool, yet somehow he manages to be even less useful than the main 5.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Needs Drill Express for reasons.

Classic ToQ.
johnnytalker
Adventure
Favorite series: Super Sentai Series

Post by johnnytalker »

I was expecting Zett to see his child form on the mirror at the Rainbow Line Terminal. So I guess only our heroes are children after all.

Also, really intrigued by the condition Schwarz gave Akira. For him to space out like that and be a little melancholic in the end. How would it have gone if Akira asked to borrow it instead of having it back? Or asking Schwarz to join in on the battle just so they can have the 13-train gattai?

Does the Conductor have hidden bunny ears that only the President can hold and pull?

ToQ Rainbow looks great. Talk about overpowering the enemy though. Do you reckon the Shadow Line would also level-up their mecha size in time for the finale? Or is Rainbow a one-off gattai?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'm surprised ToQ Rainbow is getting such a positive reception here. It's basically a robo with 13 trains glued on, and it looks the part.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

President wears a mask for a very good reason. If his true identity got out, it would spell disaster for Super Sentai!

Hatte Saburo.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Damn you Hatte Saburo!: :P
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

I used to hate cliffhangers as a kid (Beetleborgs in particular seemed to do it all the time!), but I'm really looking forward to finding out what Akira has to do for Schwarz.

Incidentally, my family went to a German restaurant tonight, and I had black forest cake. The menu listed its actual German name, schwarzwälder kirschtorte ("Black Forest cherry torte"), the first part of which I already recognized as meaning "black" thanks to this show. Who says toku is just mindless violence/a toy commercial and has no educational value? :lol:
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Akira's deal with Schwarz isn't that hard to figure out. The main team knows that Glitter is still alive somewhere in Zett but circumstances are set up such that Akira and Schwarz don't know this. The rest writes itself.

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”