Toqger 41 departing now

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Toqger 41 departing now

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/TQG_Station_41

What an awesome episode. Great character moments and easily the best mecha battle of the series.

First, the stuff I disliked. I never enjoy it when it seems like characters should be talking instead of fighting. I mean, it's pretty frustrating when miscommunication causes problems in real life. It's doubly anxiety inducing when seeing it in fiction, like Faiz. Glitter wants to protect Schwarz, Schwarz and Noire want to save Glitter, Zett wants to keep Glitter, etc.

I guess that's alleviated by the fact that it seems like Zett had no intention of ever releasing Glitter, so Schwarz and Noire sacrificing themselves is justifiable. It's still pretty tragic, since we lose two really good characters in the process. Still, nothing like a train to embody the tragedy of human partings. Schwarz putting Glitter on the train before he dies was a pretty good scene.

But yeah, looks like Zett is an irredeemable bad guy. It'll be interesting to see how they work that into the conclusion, since it seems like they still want to portray him as sympathetic in some way.

Akira's reunion with the Toqgers was one of the better ones that I've seen in one of these shows, considering he switched sides for dubious and fought with his friends for dubious reasons. I guess part of it is that it seems like he gained some humanity for the first time. So yeah, some character growth.

The mecha fight had a lot of energy, used the theme song very well, and was just really a lot of fun.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Toqger 41 departing now

Post by Phoenix512 »

Noire just gets the shaft in the remembrance. Zett is just acting like a spoiled child at this point. He can't get the sparkle that he wants but he just keeps getting the darkness.

I don't think the Toqger OP makes a good battle song. It was just out of place for me.
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

This was a really good episode to end out the year on. Now maybe my Christmas dream will come to true (one of these years...) and I'll get a Akiba x ToQ movie / special.
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Poor Zett. Now he has to wear that ridiculous, spikey trenchcoat as a person.

I sometimes wonder about that actor. Do you suppose he's bored out of his mind playing this role? He's spent over half the series sitting in a chair without any lines.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

And give up being the fabulous emperor of disco? Surely you jest!

mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

I started watching the Sentai series mid-way through the year with Shinkenger and got caught up to Toqger about a month ago. When I was watching the first few episodes, I wasn't really enjoying it, but somewhere around episode 30 it got really good, and this episode was no exception.

I was thrown off by this episode though. I thought Schwarz would go as far as the final, or at least the next-to-last, episode, and the last few episodes would be a three-way struggle between Schwarz, Zett, and the Toqgers, but now I really don't have a clue. I also thought that Akira was going to eat it when he jumped on Zett, since he's been talking about dying since Episode 17. Wrong again! I still like Zett as a villain though, he's not the typical "Everyone dies and that's how it is" and that's refreshing.

I do have a question though: Was that the first time that the mechas have completed the roll call/logo display? And what happened to the transfer changes? Not like I'm complaining or anything. :lol:
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I think this is the first time they've done a mecha roll call in Toqger. Can't really think of another series that's done it, but I'm sure it's out there.

I think it's fine to relegate transferring to only when it's plot relevant.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

takenoko wrote:I think this is the first time they've done a mecha roll call in Toqger. Can't really think of another series that's done it, but I'm sure it's out there.
Go-onger
Jude von Kresnik
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Favorite Band: Bastille
My boom: Tales

Post by Jude von Kresnik »

This episode was awesome. The battle between mechs, the deaths of Noire and Schwarz, Glitter's release, and Zett. I can't forget Zett and his new wardrobe.
Currently watching Drive and ToQger
DarkCrusnik
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
Favorite Band: Team Nekokan
Quote: "Ore Ga Unmei Tatakao, Soshti Kati Mesri" -Kenzaki, kamen rider blade

it means: "ill fight fate, and surely win! "
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DarkCrusnik »

Jude von Kresnik wrote:This episode was awesome. The battle between mechs, the deaths of Noire and Schwarz, Glitter's release, and Zett. I can't forget Zett and his new wardrobe.
I totally agree
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

takenoko wrote:And give up being the fabulous emperor of disco? Surely you jest!

[ Image ]
Oh man, so long ago he didn't have his Glitter shoulderpad yet. Whatever happened to that fun-loving guy?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

They always seem to shoehorn the massive mecha battles during the xmas episodes now.

Nice to see Schwarz get the last laugh against the emperor.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

So I guess they had some extra time at the end, so they added an extended mecha battle.

I was wondering if the suit actor for Zett as ToQ6 was the same one as Akira, or Zett's regular suit actor?

This was a good (three-part) episode, but really it seemed rushed especially considering how slow the plot has been moving in general.

At this point, it looks like we just have the lead up to the end, though I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to fit in a bit more filler.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

AxemYellow wrote:I was wondering if the suit actor for Zett as ToQ6 was the same one as Akira, or Zett's regular suit actor?
Those suits are pretty much tailor-made for the suit actors so it's pretty unlikely they'd put Zett's suit actor into Akira's suit.
Skeith
7X
Quote: I'm.....right here.

Post by Skeith »

God damn the feels I had watching this one.

The part with Glitter putting the rose on his grave as it starts to snow.

Man I thought Enter was my favorite villain in Super Sentai, but these villains have been amazing. They really made Toqger in my opinion.

Schwarz...you may of died, but you got 2 great hits in on Zett, both with your sword and with your words. "I got the sparkle."

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”