Toqger 44 departing now

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Toqger 44 departing now

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/TQG_Station_44

The entire plot twist hinges on something that happens in the first episode? Wow, Mark, what a story.

But yeah, I really like what's going on here. Most of the times when the heroes are forced to fight each other, the set up are usually clumsily handled (like Akira versus the rest early on). But this time, it feels like there's genuine concern and fear about letting Right see Zett. It's also pretty funny to see Right get tied up and gagged with train cross tape.

So after watching that, I'm thinking, what if it turns out that the Right that we know is the real Emperor of Darkness? Maybe Zett offered to switch bodies with him in some sort of Faustian bargain that benefited them both, but the exchange was so violent that it caused them both to lose their memories of it?

The battle was good too. It's interesting to see the Shadow Town mechanics when they enter with their full mecha. The mecha still works, but Akira has to use the Hyper chestplate thing to maintain his transformation, forcing the other Toqgers to go without it. I always like the Shadow Town stories, since they never tread old ground. There's always a new twist, and the solution is never as simple as "go into hyper mode and shine over everything".

I haven't checked the monster name, but I guess the final Overseer is Pawn? Something about the castle being guarded by the lowest class chess piece is so compelling. It seems a lot more meaningful, considering it could have been just a trivial and arbitrary decision.

Obvious symbolism is obvious
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Toqger 44 departing now

Post by DaVinci030 »

It's still a good episode.

I wonder why Right got tied up with train-crossed tape. I know he has a less darkness.

Next week...
Spoiler
Dark TOQ #1 vs. Zett?

Sauce
Yakiniku Wizard
Yakiniku Wizard
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Megaranger/Boukenger
Dreamy: all da lady
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Sentai
Quote: "Super Hungry, Gyudon Changer!"
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Sauce »

I just really liked seeing Hikari take charge during the terminal henshin. He's pretty cool.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Interesting. As much as I disliked this series early on, I like where it has ended up. Especially with this Right and Zed thing.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

takenoko wrote:The mecha still works, but Akira has to use the Hyper chestplate thing to maintain his transformation
THANK YOU. I had forgotten that mechanic and was thinking "Why did he use that? That was pointless." Now it makes sense...

I like when TV series take something that happens in the first few episodes and explain it in a very "silly" way, but then turn it into a huge plot twist later, then you feel kind of dumb for believing such a stupid explanation in the first place. As a matter of fact, this whole episode made me feel dumb...between the Hyper Ressha, the throwback to Ep. 1, and Glitter's train getting through "the wall", there was never a time where I didn't feel like a moron!
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
gumbyx84
Favorite series: Go-Onger
Favorite Actor?: Mikoto Amano

Post by gumbyx84 »

This was a really good episode. It explains the connection between Right and Zett that they always seemed to allude to. Also happy to see Glitter back and actually trying to end the fighting without any more bloodshed.

I hate to be that guy, but found an error in the sub. At 7:03 and 7:06, the president’s subs have a ASCII character (a box) behind “origin” and “be”.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

You seem to be missing a character from the font set you use for the Rainbow Line President.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh, it's the character for "..." as one character (I normally write it out). I copied it from a qcer's note, that's why no one else caught it. Whoops!
EnemyD v2
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by EnemyD v2 »

takenoko wrote:Oh, it's the character for "..." as one character (I normally write it out). I copied it from a qcer's note, that's why no one else caught it. Whoops!
Yeah, it happened twice between 07:02 - 07:10.

Other than that there are no other issues with subs.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I have fixed the 720p of those errors.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Please give me more overt subtext between Right and Zett, thanks in advance
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Skeith
7X
Quote: I'm.....right here.

Post by Skeith »

Mmmm...Right has become quite an interesting Red.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

I feel it amusing that the show has been more interesting later on. I think it just had a late start.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I'm just glad for once the other Toqgers called out Right for his not listening to anyone else BS that he does. Too bad that they couldn't keep him restrained better though.
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

Now we see the darkness from within Right. I'm surprised that other attempts to get darkness from the other ToQGers as I would think would be much stronger from them being on the side of good. At least now the heroes are back home ready to fight against the Dark Terminal and finally Hyper ToQ 6. I was a little disappointed that Right wasn't a dark red like blood without sparkles to show that he is a problem for Zett. Maybe a helmet similiar to a Kuliner would be a nice touch.

Another thing I was surprised that never happened in the series was trying to henshin with the support trains to add power like using the Hyper Ressha. This would be the ideal tool for fighting shadows in Shadow towns as the original powers good be used in addition to the powers of the support. I think that the Diesel and Tank would have the most power as Diesel is the oldest and is the source of Diesel Oh and Tank woild just have a larger supply to keep going. Does anyone else think that double power would be cool.

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”