Toqger 45 departing now

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Toqger 45 departing now

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/TQG_Station_45

What goes around comes around. Last week they left Right behind. This week, Right leaves them behind, and then some!

I kind of like it. In a show where everything is done in a group, it's kind of nice to see a good reason to break up the team. Although it sort of doesn't make sense for Right to leave Akira behind too, but that was a funny moment.
Sauce
Yakiniku Wizard
Yakiniku Wizard
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Megaranger/Boukenger
Dreamy: all da lady
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Sentai
Quote: "Super Hungry, Gyudon Changer!"
Type: ENFP Champion

Re: Toqger 45 departing now

Post by Sauce »

ZETT IS RIGHT. WE DON'T ACTUALLY HAVE AN EXPLANATION THOUGH, MY BAD.

I hope they can salvage this after such a shitty plot twist. I really like this show so I'd hate to see it end on a disappointing note like last year's.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

What? What's shitty about this? Predictable I can give you, but execution and character consistency are there in full force.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

So it's really a sad episode... and is a break up of Ressha Sentai (not TOQ 6? What?).
Spoiler
Still full of darkness for Right. It's the final battle...?

Zony11
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Ucchi!
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Super Sentai
Quote: Kyoryu change!

Post by Zony11 »

I have an odd feeling of what is going to happen.

Spoiler
Right is going to die but will be brought back due to the power of IMAGINATION!!!! Then the Rainbow Line President will give passes to the Toqgers that will allow them to become an adult to transform into Toqgers
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

If this isn't a kid's show, the sword when Zett returned from the engines room would be dripping blood
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

So Zett is Right and Right is Zett... how? I mean, there was the big scary hand and stuff but that was kinda all. A kid would probably be satisfied by this explanation but it's pretty weak in my opinion.

Conductor moves Ticket with his hand but it doesn't require he be attached to Ticket? Wha? But... how? Why? Wha- Never mind, I probably don't want to know.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well I will give ToQGer credit. The first half of the show was pretty awful, but they've really picked things up in the final act. So hopefully it can at least end on a high note.

I know it's not going to happen because this is Sentai, but I'd really like to see Right succeed on his own. No return of the others; just let them stay kids. Make Right's sacrifice (and really this whole episode) count in the end.
Lunagel wrote:So Zett is Right and Right is Zett... how?
It's a clumsy explanation for sure. But I don't think it's meant to be literal. Zett is Zett and Right is Right, but Zett's darkness has contaminated Right and Right's imagination has contaminated Zett. Both have been influenced in a way that has irrevocably broken them.
Conductor moves Ticket with his hand but it doesn't require he be attached to Ticket? Wha? But... how? Why? Wha- Never mind, I probably don't want to know.
I thought that was a good gag, myself. Though I suspect we might get a better explanation alongside the inevitable revelation of the President.
Impact
7X
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Dairanger
Favorite Band: Gackt
My boom: Shio Ramen
Quote: "Dios no me ama!"

Post by Impact »

A lot of symbolism in that episode. If I didn't know better, I'd say they were hinting at Right dying. But I know better. Still, all that symbolism. Great episode though. A bit sloppy on the "Right is Zett" explanation. Felt more like Right and Zett have a bit of each others character inside them. A "one can't exist without the other" thing.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

While Right isn't dying, the fact that he can never be a kid again or have his innocence again is pretty devastating as well. At least for now, he's able to save his friends from reaching the "no going back point". Right's sacrifice and what's at stake are appreciable to me, even if it isn't literal life and death.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Has Z finally packed it in and decided to go full darkness? I doubt its as simple as this. I like the sparkly bits on Dark ToQ 1, makes him look like a starry night sky.
tr0jance
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Mayuko Arisue
Favorite Band: Loaded Diaper
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Imagination
Quote: (silently fades in shadows)

Post by tr0jance »

I'm still bothered by this, when a town is swallowed by darkness time stops on that town correct? That means that a town can be stuck in darkness for thousands of years and when they got released they wont age correct? So that means that the Toqger never aged right?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I still think Right is just in his selfish self and deciding things for other people. Sure he may have a good reason for it but let others decide if they want to be a kid again. Also lying to Akira as well proves to me that Right is still that damn selfish kid he was in the beginning.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

tr0jance wrote:I'm still bothered by this, when a town is swallowed by darkness time stops on that town correct? That means that a town can be stuck in darkness for thousands of years and when they got released they wont age correct? So that means that the Toqger never aged right?
Not likely. Subarugahama was frozen completely when it was in darkness, just like the other towns. When the town is unfrozen, the people continue on as if they were just paused. The Toqgers were moving around while the town was frozen, so by that alone it can be assumed that time continued normally for the Toqgers and that they did age, unlike the people in Subarugahama.

However, it looks to me like their child-forms were frozen when they became adults. When they returned to being children, they returned to the exact age they were when they became adults. Basically, it looks like they aged through the series, but when they became kids again, they weren't any older.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

What was the saying 'The brighter the light the stronger shadow it casts' I think this is what president means when Zett is right and right is zett.

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”