Ratings Poll: Ressha Sentai Toqger

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

What's your opinion of Toqger?

***** A bullet train
33%
**** An express
37%
*** Right on time
19%
** Late train
4%
* Stuck on the slow train
7%

Total votes: 83
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Ratings Poll: Ressha Sentai Toqger

Post by Phoenix512 »

The series is a mere 2. Mio was a whiny bore. Hikari was just Hikari. Kagura was just merely forgotten for most of the series. Tokacchi was just super annoying that I constantly wished he would die but eventually my hatred of him was transferred to Right. Let's talk about Right. He continues the trend of the series that has to be revolved around the Red one. Everything must revolves around him and willing to throw away the others just because he could and thought he knew what was best. He probably would have die at the end but his friends were better people than he was.

Hikari and the Shadow Line were definitely the saving graces from making this series a 1.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Honestly, the last arc was kinda dumb but, I didn't think it was that bad?

I mean,
Spoiler
Kobayashi does fairly the same thing in Timeranger where Tatsuya forces the other 4 back to the future (hurr) and tries to take on Gien's army alone.
I just saw it as a diet version of that and, shrugged.
xPrimexTimex
Infinity

Post by xPrimexTimex »

I gave Toqger a 3 out of 5, but it's more of a high 2 than an actual 3. The plot...the plot wasn't really there. There wasn't a whole lot of things driving one episode to another other than the primary reason of the journey to find their hometown. Things started to pick up when Akira joined and even more once they started to go to Shadow Towns but the beginning of the series was so slow that I stopped watching it until Ninninger came out. The only reason I even finished Toqger was to see the Toqger vs. Kyouryuuger movie! If it weren't for that I wouldn't have finished the series.

The Right is Zett and Zett is Right felt poorly executed. The buildup had you thinking that Right/Zett were related or something like that and while I liked the Dark Ichigou design, I didn't like anything else about that plot point. Zett was a boring villain in my opinion. He really didn't do a whole lot for a majority of the series other than talk about sparkles which quickly got annoying. It felt like Zett wanted to do more but just didn't. The rest of the Shadow Line were pretty sweet. I liked how they each had their own ambitions and ways of doing things. Variety in villains is good!

I hated Wagon. HATED! She was rather annoying and loud and was pretty sexual for some odd reason.

The Mio/Tokacchi shipping felt a bit off. I liked it from Tokacchi's side but not from Mio's side. For the most part, Mio wasn't interested in boys and kinda rejected any notion of romance/dating. It felt one sided and made Tokacchi get hung up and stressed for no reason. I would have prefered Mio/Hikari personally.

Kagura was too cute. Way too cute. She was easily the most childlike throughout the series even in the end when they all matured. I liked her a lot.

Hikari was a straight up bro. He bro'ed real hard. Probably the most levelheaded of the bunch.

Most of what I don't like about Toqger was plot and pacing, but everything else was fine/good.
Hanadi Sensei
Favorite series: Toqger, W, Drive, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Shinkenger, Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Mio of ToQger and Tsukasa of LuPat
Favorite Band: Hello Sleepwalkers
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Cosplay ROM

Post by Hanadi Sensei »

I gave it a 5. The 4th Sentai series I've watched and it is as enjoyable as Gokaiger to me.
Every episode is fun and the characters are memorable.
(Norikae change and their [childish] personalities made this team more fun to watch)
Opening and Ending songs are catchy.
Actors are good, too (So good that Ninninger's cast acting is really starting disappoint me)
Had lots of laughs in most episodes. (It might be childish but it made me smile~w)

Plot and ending... a bit disappointing but well... I enjoyed this series the most!
Just hoping to see more of Zett and a dream team-up (as a rainbow line member) with Toqger...
Spoiler redacted
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

This show had a lot of good going for it. but ending up being a major disappointment. One of the worst Sentai of recent years (next to Goseiger). I give it a 3.
Icingdeth
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Gundam, Tokusatsu
Quote: One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of one's youth. ~ Char Aznable
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Icingdeth »

Just finished it yesterday and I gave it a 4 because of the meh ending. They could have really tried to make it oh I don't know end. I'm not talking the happy Disney ending where everything turns out great for everybody but at least give the villain a decent death or sealing or something not just "Let's take you far far away where you can't hurt anyone anymore." They could have spent more time on the character development and it probably still would have been meh. Anyway not great but slightly better than just average is what I'm getting at. I said it when Toqger started and I'll say it again, Toqger is this decades Carranger.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

But, Carranger actually ended though and amazingly at that. :lol:
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

ok, just finished watching ToQGer. i do it in instant 5days. and i do enjoy it as Geki & Bouken i think.
i give the series 4. perhaps watching it after finishing Ninninger helps a lot for the vote. in ToQger story revolve around Raito is MUCH MUCH better than Takaharu. so does the acting i think.
Hikari is the best protagonist chara i think. but well the story kinda build each chara a good background + the memories also make the mystery interesting for me.

The Shadow Line is really really GOOD. perhpas these are the most interesting group of villain in these years (Enter still the best for me). so many hidden agenda & personal interest within them. Zett kinda resembles Rio (Geki) in some way i think.

kinda makes me wonder why so many people in here seems to be annoyed & dislike the series thou. a bit childish yes, but they are ...... well as you all knew later on. so i dont mind.
the ending well kinda so so for me. but i dont mind it's not ending. Den-O also not really ending in some way i think.

anyway, i like the idea of IMAGINATION. TO sum up, i'm kinda surprised i enjoy this series after many things that i've read in the forum kinda make me discourage.
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Don't believe everything you read about a show. Ragers and haters are everywhere. For example, I found a lot of complaining about Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono, whereas it is my favorite Garo show (with Gold Storm). Same for Goseiger (I didn't hated Ninninger, but I didn't liked it as much as some others Sentai).
It's better to don't listen to what others people say and see for ourselves. (Like the complaining about TV-Nihon, much people who complain usually just use older subs like Magiranger, but they almost never use the more recent one).
Gallus Faberge
7X

Post by Gallus Faberge »

The series started of slow, but as soon as we got to know the characters i enjoyed it thoroughly. Most of the characters were fleshed out properly. But Akria/Zalam could have used some more stories to develop his character.

The show gets a 4/5 for effort and nice themes.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

After 4 years since Toqger end, I'm felt Toqger is one of best Sentai since "the new era writers" come to Sentai. Ninninger too bad, Zyuohger boring, Kyuranger so so, LuPat boring and flat, now Ryusoulger not intersting...

5/5 for me.

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”