Ratings Poll: Ressha Sentai Toqger

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

What's your opinion of Toqger?

***** A bullet train
33%
**** An express
37%
*** Right on time
19%
** Late train
4%
* Stuck on the slow train
7%

Total votes: 83
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ratings Poll: Ressha Sentai Toqger

Post by takenoko »

With the whole series recently wrapped up, seems like a good time to look back and assign a number. I give it a solid 4. I enjoyed it a lot. The characters were great and they had a lot of good stories and character moments.

http://takkynoko.tumblr.com/tagged/Ressha-Sentai-Toqger
LiterateDead
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Re: Ratings Poll: Ressha Sentai Toqger

Post by LiterateDead »

As if my avatar weren't a clue, I'm giving this one a perfect five!

I'm biased, however; this was my first sentai series, and I fell for it quickly. I've seen a few other shows, and haven't had the same sort of experience. This one just hit that right note for me, and rarely left me wanting. Great characters, excellent villains (the fact that the villains all had their own narratives was a huge deal with me!), a good sense of humor, and a good sense of absurdity... even with the wrongness that is Wagon (my friend's estimation of the character: "I need an adult!" :p )
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

It wasn't terrible, but it was mediocre. Thoughtful moments are derailed by things like the mecha and making the girls share the power-up in order to avoid having to spend 2 episodes on them.
Bomyne
Go Go!
Favorite series: Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Bomyne »

Also giving this one a perfect 5. After the disappointing and horrible Kyoryuger, I nearly gave up on Super Sentai. ToQger convinced me to stay. It and Ninninger are simply awesome.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Meh.
Now, I wanted to like it when it came out. I wanted to think that despite almost every design in the show (from the hero suits to the mecha to Lady Gritta) being a flippin' eyesore that the show could somehow pull through that and be somewhat enjoyable. And of course, I don't go into a show nowadays thinking "I'm gonna hate this!". But, I dunno. Toei was clearly still thinking on the ~utter R-rated uber-dark disaster~ that Go-busters was that they still wanted to play it safe. So they got back the Shinkenger staff of Kobayashi and Utsonimiya(sp.) hoping that lightning would strike twice.

And.. well.. I read one person think that the staff gave up on the show and I kinda agree because that show stayed on autopilot for way too dang long. The first third was plagued with "Shwartz-sama!", "Shwartz-sama!" and Right eating.. and eating. And, Wagon being a poor man's Colon.. and Nero doing literally nothing and Morc not doing much and.. I think this is the "89% of the show was doing nothing" paragraph. :lol:

And then it didn't even end? It just... uh....

Image (I'm done, this post is done)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I still think the Shadow Line has the best designs out of any sentai villain ever, but honestly, the series fell kinda flat for me. There was a distinct lack of imagination in the story and suits (which I got used to but still think are really ugly). It's not amazing, but it's not boring at least, so I was entertained most of the time.
CrazyBlaze
Infinity
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: TOKU!
Quote: Finished: Sentai: Dairanger, Kakuranger, Abaranger, Dekaranger. Magiranger, Bokuenger, Go-onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyrouranger

Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Agito, Faiz, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim

Watching: Gekiranger, ToQer, Drive

Post by CrazyBlaze »

It had its moments but ultimently it was meh for me. Things didn't really start to get good until the 30s and thats disappointing. There were some good epsidoes before that, like with Akari showing up and the introduction of Nero, but not enough that I'd be willing to give it anything more than an average. Its better than some series but not as good as some others.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I hope you vote for the Kyouryuuger poll so we can discuss that some more. I loved Kyouryuuger personally. I didn't work on it, but it was just so endearing in so many ways. The veteran guests didn't hurt either. But that... that's for another poll.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

IT was a 3 at best. I continued watching it just to finish it I don't leave shows unfinished unless they're really really boring. Nero kept me in the show until the end
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

I gave it 4/5. It was pretty good. There was constantly some story arcs keeping me into the show. Even some monster-of-the-weeks were really interesting. The designs of Nero and Schwars were epic, and of course Zett's ultimate form, was so intricately detailed. It's just that some silly MOTW episodes make me want to cringe sometimes.
Sakas
Quote: What a wee little part of a person's life are his acts and his words! His real life is led in his head, and is known to none but himself.
Mark Twain

Post by Sakas »

I have to give it a 4/5. The suits took a while to grow on me and most of the mech designs weren't that great (the exception to both being Akira ad Build Dai-Oh). The monster designs however were downright awesome with a few (very few) exceptions. The story took a while to get going but I enjoyed it for the most part specially anything pertaining to Akira. In short Akira saved the show for me.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I have to say, I'm surprised by how positive the ratings are so far. I would have thought it more negative with the complaining and bashing as the series went on. But I guess people really did enjoy it at the end of the day.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Perhaps because those that complained about it found the series not worthy of a vote? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding. Quite a good reception here for Toqger huh? Quite a surprise.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Mine is a three as well. If it would be serious series (which wouldn't fit with theme) I could give it a 4 (on the contrary if red was weaker like ninninger as a character or whole plot was dull it would have a lower number it olny get a three from me because i watched whole series and give my point base on its whole) but i am tired of getting more comedical series and only one serious series in a batch of 4 or 5. (by serious series I mean those which didn't have a comedical startup Shinkengers and barely gobusters were two out of like 10 series tthat fit to this category. I would consider Kyouryuuger if it was not for the dance transformation and wizard of oz type villians. I can't give a straight out point for ninningers but they have the weakest (both personality and character in general as well as actor) red I have ever seen and whole 'opps we calculated wrong and now you should fight' really killed the mood for series it could be better served.

Mind you I am not against comedical series I lonved gekirangers and go-ongers and gokaigers were a blast but getting them all the time kinda kills the joy (and joke) .
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:I have to say, I'm surprised by how positive the ratings are so far. I would have thought it more negative with the complaining and bashing as the series went on. But I guess people really did enjoy it at the end of the day.
Are we sure Toei employees aren't stuffing the ballot box, as it were? :P

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”