Toqger Returns Released

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Re: Toqger Returns Released

Post by Sinkuu »

takenoko wrote:People should just read the wiki page for it, it's more accurate and up to date:
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Toku_Disc_Release_List
I was. I had checked the global release thread. Knowing TV-N's stated turnaround time, I figured it was due any day now. My mistake was assuming that since they hadn't put it on the global release list, it simply wasn't on their radar.

I apologize, I just know I wound up enjoying ToQger a lot more than I had expected at first. I find longer, underlying plots besides the "bad guy of the week" tend to catch my interest. I was looking forward to seeing this, and I was hoping you guys would sub this ever since I saw raws appearing on the web.

if I've caused any offense, I apologize, I try not to run afoul of any rules that were stated when it comes to posting.

again, just mainly happy that you guys released a sub.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

Nothing to add. Great action, great plot, great use of the characters. The only off-putting bits were little details - the return of the tank top seemed handwaved a bit. Interesting that Right seemed to be the last to recover his IMAGINATION, though.
gumbyx84
Favorite series: Go-Onger
Favorite Actor?: Mikoto Amano
Alignment: Neutral

Post by gumbyx84 »

I do agree that having Tank Top Shadow randomly show back up at the end was weird. Especially since he didn't bring much to the end of the movie.

I really enjoyed this movie. It started off weird with the adult ToQgers getting in the middle of the ToQkids' story. They kept getting in the way without explanation. Once it was, the movie moved along nicely and was a blast. The moral (if that is the right word) of not having to lose your Imagination just because you grew up was great and is something everyone should remember.

It was touching to see Akira save kid Right/ToQ 1. Even thought he forgot most of his time with them, his heart was still there. The ending was great. Having all the ToQgers young and old in one big battle to close the movie was just awesome to watch.

Quick question: Is there a particular reason why Glitter, the other kaijin, and Wagon-san don't get their name and voice actor didn't get translated? Everyone else in the closing credits did.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i didnt see any of toqger, just this movie and i thought it was nice. though i wont be watching the series. the whole imagination thing and the well ... these are truely the PBS sentai team. jim hensen would love this series.

that said, the costumes were really vibrant! WOW! ive never seen a greenranger so bright! that green next to the pink screams 1990s! but come now, adults can have imaginations.

that mech battle cockpit was crazy!

but that final fight with EVERYONE involved. WOW that looked fun especially with the token rangers jumping over head, with each gettring 2 jumps adult and child.
IrocD
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Gaim, Zyu, Agito
2nd Favorite Series: Dai, Kiva, Fourze
Dreamy: Fumika Shimizu
Favorite Actor?: Yutaka Hirose
Favorite Band: Lots
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Perfecting my toku
Quote: Don't have one, but I do want to add that Shiro Izumi is my 2nd favorite toku actor...
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by IrocD »

One of the best (if not the best) Sentai movies, for me... I've seen my fair share and even though ToQger as a season is very high on my list it's not my favorite, this one still beats them all.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

Watched this last night and it was defiantly one of the best Sentai movies in a long time, They could have easily had this as the summer movie and kicked everyones butt, this is what we expect from the summer movies, not the slightly extended ep format movies that we do get that really are quite pants.

It was a nice fitting to see the children and adults all transform at the same time and fight together, just made that fight better, at least they didnt ruin it by doing transfer stunts like they did in the series.

Conductor as Tog7 was a nice addition. Wagon at the end seemed to be mimicing Sailor Moon with what she said after transforming.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”