KR Drive 02 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Has Drive improved for you since episode 1?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:50 am

5 It's a ton better
16%
4 It's good
47%
3 About the same
31%
2 Worse
7%
1 Terrible
No votes

Total votes: 45
Strykor
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkengers
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: Ever have one of those flashbacks...

Re: KR Drive 02 released

Post by Strykor »

Okay, so the driver personality is a brain-mapped Smart A.I.... that so could have gone GLaDOS instead of Cortana. I thought about looking up whatever meaning 108 has for this series, unfortunately, it turns out to be one of those universal sacred numbers, and therefore, too much information to look through to make sense.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Since it's Japan, it's probably the 108 desires that tempt people away from Nirvana from Buddhist culture. That's why they ring the bell 108 times in Japan on New Years.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

Is that old guy's consciousness was somehow installed into the Belt? Is that so, this reminds me with Johnny Depp's character in Transcendence.

Drive must be the first Heisei main rider whose profession is a police detective. The other police detectives that I remember in Heisei era are Terui Ryu (Accel) and Hikawa Makoto (G3-X), both are second riders.

Anyway,

Heisei era KR TV series which do have at least one of its characters mentions the term Kamen Rider:

Ryuki, Blade, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Drive

Heisei era KR TV series which do not have at least one of its characters mentions the term Kamen Rider:

Kuuga, Agito, Faiz, Hibiki (Oni), Kabuto (Masked Rider), Kiva, Wizard (Mahōtsukai/Mage), Gaim (Armored Rider and New Generation Riders)

CMIIW. Anyway, I only use TV series as reference.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
ViRGE wrote:
Phoenix512 wrote:What superhuman abilities? I don't recall her having any superhuman abilities at all. It's obvious she can't be Drive because women can't be the main Kamen Rider.
The "physics defying stunts" as Shinnosuke puts it.
Just treat her like Hina in OOO. Normal women cannot do what Kiriko and Hina do.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I still don't recall Kiriko doing anything superhuman. Give me timestamps.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Lunagel wrote:He said "best friend's soul" not "Soul". He was referring to the fact that the Roidmude don't have physical bodies technically, they're spirit number things.
I had actually assumed Heart was talking about Belt-san, given what we'd seen earlier in the episode.

And seriously, kudos to Shinnosuke for not only figuring out the gimmick of "Rider powers are tied closely to, if not sourced from, the villains" and throwing it in Belt's... uh, buckle. He's no moron, this Tomori Shinnosuke. He knows, and he's seemingly not entirely comfortable with it, or at least with having it hidden from him.
MVZ-800
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
My boom: Video games

Post by MVZ-800 »

Heart looks like Kaito. Brain looks like Jonouchi, and Chase looks like Mitsuzane.

Aside from that, this episode was much more enjoyable than the first.

The Shift Cars are tacky in multiple ways - the CGI, the shifting (they look like they're going to snap off of his wrist!), even when they are live-action and being moved by wires!
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

I'm afraid that Chase will become like Sudou Kirihiko from W. His cool bike will become Drive's Bike. Nah... I don't think he will become like that anyway.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

Thoughts on Drive so far:

- The opening theme is starting to grow on me. Cant' wait to download the full song once it's out

- So.... his partner is still alive? Uh... okay. Just when I thought the series started with quite a dark note with the deaths and casualties.. oh well. But I still think his guilt is legit either way - dead or alive he ruined his partner's life.

- Still not too sure with Kiriko, but I'm liking her more than Akiko. She's like Hana (Den-O, older form) and Hina (OOO) combined.

- Seriously Drive should drop the over-the-top comedic gimmick. A less jarring one like W would still work, but the entire investigation team (except for Shinnosuke & Kiriko) have really stupid comedic reactions to everything. And they're pretty much useless. And that chief. Seriously, he's like Akiko-becomes-old-man-and-way-past-menopause.

- Suits and design for both Rider and Roimudes are quite nice actually, though I'm hoping the Roimudes will look more distinguishable from one another. So far it seems that only the general-level ones look different.

- Tires forming on Drive's chest while he's still in Tridoron.. really? To me that's really defying any known logic/physics. Like someone above me mentioned, would be nicer if they're like the Zecters in Kabuto punching through walls to get to the riders.

- Love how Shinnosuke linked the Roimudes and Shift Cars together. Like it's such a KR trope but it's nice that the main rider points it out at the start and leave the rest of the season to slowly prove him right.

- So the belt was once human? Okay didn't see that coming. Not surprised if Kiriko ends up to be his daughter.

- Wonder will Chase become the secondary rider lol.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
Strykor
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkengers
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Quote: Ever have one of those flashbacks...

Post by Strykor »

I was reading the notes about series on the KR wiki (I know, I know...), and two things stood out. One (and please ignore if said info is posted elsewhere), the guy who played Eternal sings the theme song, and two, the producer calls this show a tribute to Knight Rider, quoting it as "Kamen Rider meets Knight Rider"... for some reason, I now see Devon Miles walking into the Special Cases office and ranting about all the silliness that goes on.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Good show! This is like Kidou Keiji Jiban + Speed Racer!

I really like Shinosuke and looks like he is like Naruhodo Ryuichi and Naoto Tamura in one character! :)

Kiroko looks a lot like Hanna (Yuriko Shiratori) from Kamen Rider Den-O (I'm in love! <3.<3! again)

We got a group of stylish and insteresting bad guys too! Definitely look like is going to get a great series!.

Probably because of the "Speed" theme it resembles to Kabuto a lot.
Final Vent!

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”