Drive Promos released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Drive Promos released

Post by xiiliea »

Kamen Driver Drive looks interesting. I love police themes :)
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

Let's see...

1) Detective theme: Seen in W
2) Rides a car: Seen in RX
3) Red, white, and black colors: Seen in Accel

But am I bashing it? Hell no! We haven't even seen the first episode so I'm not going to judge.

So I'll be looking forward to it.
bowspearer
Go Go!
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dairanger
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by bowspearer »

Masked Rider wrote:Let's see...

But am I bashing it? Hell no! We haven't even seen the first episode so I'm not going to judge.

I agree that we'll have to wait and see; the big problem here is that the promo has done a terrible job of promoting the series as something new and original. Where as most promos tend to say "hey, here's something new, you've totally gotta check this out", this promo struck me as saying "here's a load of stuff you've seen before".

Hopefully it's just a bad trailer, but unfortunately it hasn't done the best job of painting the series in the best possible light is all.
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

bowspearer wrote:
Masked Rider wrote:Let's see...

I agree that we'll have to wait and see; the big problem here is that the promo has done a terrible job of promoting the series as something new and original. Where as most promos tend to say "hey, here's something new, you've totally gotta check this out", this promo struck me as saying "here's a load of stuff you've seen before".

Hopefully it's just a bad trailer, but unfortunately it hasn't done the best job of painting the series in the best possible light is all.

Hey bowspearer,

I hear ya. Yeah, teasers and trailers can be deceptive at times. Heck, there are some promos that only show you the best scenes of the entire TV show or movie. But since I've been entertained with each rider series, I'll be optimistic. I guess I'm easily entertained. Ha ha.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

If Riku Sanjou wrote the story, I'm afraid there is 2 episodes arc format. They guy looks matured even still young age.
I hope to see his temper and anger side.
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

I'm just glad to see that the numbers theme still continues to this day
DekaChief
IXA
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by DekaChief »

kyoichikiller90 wrote:If Riku Sanjou wrote the story, I'm afraid there is 2 episodes arc format. They guy looks matured even still young age.
I hope to see his temper and anger side.
I read probably from a translation of either a magazine scan or from their usual press conference that the cases are written to he solved in one episode. So, they're sticking with single episodes again this year.
Spoiler
Peek a boo, Chuck Norris sees you! *roundhouse kick into oblivion*
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I like how you guys just assumed that it's going to be this or that from the writer. I mean he didn't do 2 episode arcs with Kyouryuuger.

So a car instead of a motorcycle isn't new enough for you. Besides there's no way that Shift Cars isn't going to be like GaiaMemories because I can't imagine the monsters using them like they did in W.
bowspearer
Go Go!

Post by bowspearer »

Phoenix512 wrote:So a car instead of a motorcycle isn't new enough for you.

There's new in a way that keeps core elements of the franchise, and there's "new for the sake of new" done in a manner in which core elements of the franchise are simply tossed aside- this decision smacks of the later.
Phoenix512 wrote:Besides there's no way that Shift Cars isn't going to be like GaiaMemories because I can't imagine the monsters using them like they did in W.
If that's the case, then why has it been announced that there'll be around 100 shift cards that will be released for the series? Are you telling me that there are going to be 2 new shift cars each episode, used exclusively by Drive?

EDIT: And Murphy's Law, I can't find where I read that. However I did find this:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Kamen Rider Drive's villains are called the Roimudem, android-like beings who wish to be human and they use small devices known as Viral Cores similar to Drive’s own Shift Cars. Most of the Roiymyuudo are sealed within a digital network and do not have physical forms, although they can control ordinary citizens by forming an emotional connection.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Not that I doubt you saw it somewhere, I'm sure you did, but I definitely do doubt the 100+ thing, especially considering what a pain in the ass OOO was. Sure you *could* try and remember every single combo but only the same colored ones were any good.
bowspearer
Go Go!

Post by bowspearer »

Lunagel wrote:Not that I doubt you saw it somewhere, I'm sure you did, but I definitely do doubt the 100+ thing, especially considering what a pain in the ass OOO was. Sure you *could* try and remember every single combo but only the same colored ones were any good.
Except that you can bet that just like with W, Bandai will also release
Spoiler
every single Viral Core (which let's face it are essentially 'evil' shift cars')
in the same way that the 'evil' Gaia memories got a toy release. Not so much a case of "remembering every single combo", but "remembering every single MOTW".
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It sounds like you are already dead set on the show being bad. There's probably nothing to convince you to give it a chance at this point. That's why I prefer to have little or no information as possible until the show starts airing.

I seriously doubt there will a bunch of specifically designed Virus Cores. Also not every GaiaMemory was used in the show, some of those were just jokes.
bowspearer
Go Go!

Post by bowspearer »

Phoenix512 wrote:It sounds like you are already dead set on the show being bad. There's probably nothing to convince you to give it a chance at this point. That's why I prefer to have little or no information as possible until the show starts airing.

I seriously doubt there will a bunch of specifically designed Virus Cores. Also not every GaiaMemory was used in the show, some of those were just jokes.
You mean as opposed to someone who refuses to recognise any criticism of the show's premise, no matter how valid it might be. I've already openly said I hope this is just the result of a bad trailer. However:

Spoiler
the fact is that it's been established that
  • Spoiler
    viral cores are essentially "evil" Shift Cars
  • Spoiler
    viral cores are used by the Roimyuudo and ergo the previous point, are their sources of super powers
  • Spoiler
    The Roimyuudo have no physical bodies but but can possess humans through an emotional connection
  • Spoiler
    the entire premise of Drive's story arc is that he's a detective solving paranormal cases.
Spoiler

As such it doesn't take much to connect the dots are realise that the crimes being investigated are the result of angst ridden people making "deals with the devil" with the Roimyuudo, in the same way that people did the same in W with the Sonozakis (or their representatives) - only to have people ultimately possessed by the Roimyuudo through the viral cores, in the same way that said people were possessed by the evil Gaia memories playing on their negative emotions in W.

Essentially it's the basic premise of every single Kamen Rider W story with some cosmetic changes. Now maybe there's some fresh take on it that the Promo has done a terrible job of marketting- hopefully there will be and I'll watch the first few eps to see if there is. However the fact is that as things stand, there's not alot there to suggest that "fresh twist" you usually get out of a Kamen Rider series when it's drawing on ideas seen elsewhere (eg with past Super Sentai ideas).

That's in no way being determined to see the show fail. That's simply making a call on things as they stand, whilst being open to being proved wrong. There's nothing remotely unfair in that approach. Heck, I was critical of Kyoryuger in the beginning and it wound up being one of my favourite Super Sentai series, so who knows what will happen here.
Last edited by bowspearer on Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

DekaChief wrote:I read probably from a translation of either a magazine scan or from their usual press conference that the cases are written to he solved in one episode.
Yep, right here.
Also, there's definitely 108 Roimyuudo who're using things called "Viral Cores" while Drive uses "Shift Cars". I can't find too much from the production side of things for this but... given it's Kamen Rider, it wouldn't surprise me if they ended up being the same.
bowspearer
Go Go!

Post by bowspearer »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
DekaChief wrote:I read probably from a translation of either a magazine scan or from their usual press conference that the cases are written to he solved in one episode.
Yep, right here.
Also, there's definitely 108 Roimyuudo who're using things called "Viral Cores" while Drive uses "Shift Cars". I can't find too much from the production side of things for this but... given it's Kamen Rider, it wouldn't surprise me if they ended up being the same.
Thanks for that - I knew I'd read about there essentially being over 100 shift cars appearing somewhere.

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”