KR Drive 02 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Has Drive improved for you since episode 1?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:50 am

5 It's a ton better
16%
4 It's good
47%
3 About the same
31%
2 Worse
7%
1 Terrible
No votes

Total votes: 45
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Re: KR Drive 02 released

Post by FirenOh »

So the Drive Driver was actually a person once. Mysterious.

Heart and Brain have some pretty cool designs, so hopefully they'll be better villains then Medusa and Phoenix were, or at least amount to more.

Justice Hunter's debut was pretty nice although a cage-grille as a weapon is pretty unorthodox.

Liking all the characters so far except the chief, who really doesn't do much. Can't wait for more!
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't remember if I mentioned it, but I think the generic monster designs this time are really unmemorable. It's like the Orphenoch again where one can be a spider and the other a bat and there's no way of distinguishing between them.

I don't really remember Heart or Brain's designs, but I really did like Phoenix and Medusa's designs from Wizard. Looking forward o seeing Brain and Heart in action.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

All I really remember is that Brain has a big grey thing in the back of his head. and Heart as bull-looking horns.
Galada
Go Go!

Post by Galada »

Okay, I may have gone a little too harsh on the first episode because of Gaim's ending and how about that was a really awesome series and etc. This episode is a bit better, but I don't think the overall quality have improved much.

Thoughts (in no chronological order):

- Seems like they've returned to the two-part arcs again. Oh well, it's not like it stops a series from being cool (like W, OOO and Fourze were), and at least they've threw a (veru bizarre) cliffhanger.
- Wait, Shinnosuke's partner is alive? Well... They never really said that he died, but... That's a real drama-killer.
- The Shift Cars running around and shit still looks too silly.
- I still don't get the Roidmuide's system. I mean, why do the 029 need a body if Heart apparently can give a new one in a snap? And I didn't exactly understood how the body stealing worked...
- 103 Roidmudes remainging from a total of 108? Wait... Did just 108 Roidmudes was enough to turn the world into a chaos during Global Freeze? And since there's still a lot remaining, does that mean they all escaped after the Global Freeze? Geez...
- The Roidmudes' design looks so generic and lifeless, it's hard to distinguish one from another. Certainly most of them will look like generic grunts so Drive can kill all the remaining 103 during the rest of the series, but even the evolved ones look very unique.
- As someone said, still no real explanation as to why Drive has to be a secret from the other cops. Or why Kiriko can't be Drive. By the way, how did Shinnosuke met the Tridoron.
- The car chase isn't as awesome as it should be in a series focused on the car. But again, it's a kids show, can't hope much.
- A... grate weapon? Really?
- This police team and it's characters are so not funny and unnecessary. Wouldn't be more interesting and more consistent with the thematic if they were a car race team? With a mechanic, a chief, etc, like Speed Racer? This police theme is unnecessary, it's just the writer going through a way that he's more familiar with.
- How did Shinnosuke's reasoning worked again? How did he know that the papers found were from medicine packs? How did they know they were from the victims? How did he know that the red people were misses? How did he know that the Roidmude was looking for a body? I know I'll get crazy if I go looking for plot holes in a tokusatsu, but in a show where the investigation is a main element, the investigation of this episode is too full of holes.
- To not say that I just shitted over the show, a few things that I thought were awesome: the hissatsus, the tire change (the names should be padronized, though, Like Type Speed, Type Accel, Type Handle, etc.), the tire extension, Drive's looks (his helmet looks stupid, though), Tridoron and that sweet, sweet opening.
Last edited by Galada on Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Cool, looks like Kamen Rider means something special in this series. I still wonder what Kiriko's secret is.
My money is on her being an artificial lifeform. like the Roidmudes. Which is why she has superhuman abilities and can't be Drive. Perhaps the human who is now the belt tried to create her and created the Roidmudes as well by mistake.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

What superhuman abilities? I don't recall her having any superhuman abilities at all. It's obvious she can't be Drive because women can't be the main Kamen Rider.
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

Looks like Toei removed the vid from DailyMotion. Are we gonna have to stop the streaming stuff?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Pretty sweet. Although If we are going to have every episode of our lead switching from lazy to motivated, it may be a little boring.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro

Post by AxemYellow »

After two episodes, I'm still not sure if I'm going to like this series or not. Most the issues I had with this episode were brought up by others above; notably the survival of the partner. The story was born of tragedy, but not suddenly isn't. The sudden appearance of the partner alive makes me wonder if they backpedaled on his death, thinking it was too much for kids.

We still don't know much about the Roimudes so it's difficult to speculate on what they are truly after. Though the first one seemed to want to become an ideal human? Do we even know where they came from at this point?

Chase seems like an evil Kamen Rider; though they don't seem to give him that title.

I hate how the supporting cast exist 99% for (bad) comedy and 1% to aid the story. That was one of my biggest issues with W, though it seems like it could be much worse here.

So far I am really not fond of the toy car gimmick, it seems beneath the Kamen Rider franchise. I'll probably get used to it, but really it's the worst gimmick yet. Even oversized plastic rings seem favourable at this point.
Bunkyo
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Makai no Hana
Dreamy: Mayuri
Favorite Band: Morning Musume

Post by Bunkyo »

Best line I've heard from a KR show in a while: "What's with the physics defying stunts?" Toei poking fun at itself is gold. :lol:

Also, at 19:31 when Belt says "Finisher" it sounds like "This sucks". Maybe I'm just hearing things.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault

Post by takenoko »

He's just saying hissatsu which means finisher attack.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

AxemYellow wrote:After two episodes, I'm still not sure if I'm going to like this series or not.
You're already rocking a Brain profile picture lol. Doesn't that mean you're leaning on the like side?

AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro

Post by AxemYellow »

Tuss4 wrote: You're already rocking a Brain profile picture lol. Doesn't that mean you're leaning on the like side?
"Like" is relative. I haven't seen a KR that I absolutely disliked. But I'm afraid I might like this series a lot less than most others. That being said, even series I consider less favourable have elements to them that I really like. I've liked what I've seen of the main villains so far.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

I expected Katsu Don things happened in this police drama, well every series got their own foods, like vegetables, Ramen, Yakiniku, Miso, Saba, Tofu, Doughnuts, and Fruits
Gottis
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: UM SNAKE DAD
Favorite Actor?: Inukai Atsuhiro
My boom: Making music videos!
Quote: We're the Heroes of Our Time

Post by Gottis »

Hayase's actor is the reason I decided to give Drive a chance (lol tenimyu boy) so I'm glad he's alive. I hope he'll get to play a bigger role eventually... And I like the Villain Boy Band, definitely. I can sense slash possibilities there >_>
Finished: All Heisei
Watching: Zi-O

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”