KR Drive 03 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Re: KR Drive 03 released

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

CrazyBlaze wrote:You know I wonder if the two parters are just for the start. I remember reading an article saying that the stories were going to be single episode based.

And I'm calling Machin Chaser is eventually going to be the second Kamen rider of the series.
That's what I'm expected in the first place.

Mashin Chaser was same as Another Agito. While they got their ride but they aren't actual "Kamen Rider"
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

It's clearly a central mystery to the show who Proto-Drive was and what happened to him. He appears in the opening scene of the first episode, and now this week we get some information on him and why he couldn't stop the Roidmude. And last week, we got the tidbit that Belt-san was a man, and we saw Heart go after him; now he's a belt. Were they the same guy? Is Belt-san all that remains of Proto-Drive? If he was someone else, will Proto-Drive come back at some point? If the prototype is still floating around but the user is dead or otherwise gone, we'll probably get a storyline at some point where Shinnosuke has to use it, or maybe it'll be like the Birth Brothers.

And yeah, the comparison of Shift Cars to Astro Switches feels pretty apt. Once we get through this initial flurry of introducing cars, it'll probably just be Max Flare, Funky Spike, and Midnight Shadow as his default loadout and random cars for situational gags, like how Fourze had Rocket, Launcher, Drill, and Radar as its defaults. We'll probably never see some of these cars ever again.
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

Another cool ep, minus mister "i don't believe in gravity surge even through year ago tons of peopels died from it".

You might say that clue in this ep was better then in last, but i didn't had a problem with that, we all takes medicines, and the piece of paper/aluminium that's left from taking pill from the package, is something we subconsciously remember (and it is peculiar shape).

Eh, i was hoping for another dead close person, but it was justa trauma from being turned into data.

So, 3 new shift cars, swag Vegas with it's chips as weapons, and roulette finisher, but i don't think it will be just random as with Beast. It just shows that Drive needs to sync-up with Vegas to do proper finisher. And also cement one (whcih we don't get in kamen rider usually O.o), and monster, which is just awesome, with its claws as weapons, and mouth on tire that can even use it's tounge >D

So question been asked, how many we'll we get shift cars? Well, as for now we have speed, flame, spike, shadow, cement, cage, vegas, monster. First 5 give Drive some ability, and other gives him weapons. There are 6 tires on Drive car. So perhaps 6 of both types? Well, maybe not, since we need form change.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I put this on the wiki, but one of the fascinating things is the group is that they're the prototypical examples of bad reasoning. The Internet gossip junkie, the mad scientist, the skeptic that denies it even when proof is thrown in his face, and the chief who believes in astrology and luck.

By the way, I don't know if it carries through in our subs, but the chief is supposed to break out in archaic phrases every once in a while. So you might notice him saying some old timey time things occasionally.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

I didn't feel like this was a two-episode setup. For one, I wasn't expecting to get a Roidmude killed at the end, but then again they pull a twist that there's two of them so maybe it is two-ep after all? In any case, it was well-executed and I hope the rest of the series will be as good as this (two-ep or not).

I also think that like Fourze, we will be seeing a lot of cars -- thinking in the toy aspect, if they're doing anything like Hot Wheels or Tomica Cars, there'll be a lot of them in the lineup.
Animetigerlily
7X
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Trip-hop

Post by Animetigerlily »

So.... does anyone else suspect that Mashin Chaser may have been proto-drive? The suit might have been seriously damaged after his defeat, repaired by the villains (with a few stylistic touches to the design), and the rider, brainwashed.

I've likely missed a few things, though.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I like what they've done with the monsters. They where going for the classic 'We'll make you think its the main guy but turns out its his unassuming apprentice' gag, but then they both appear to be monsters. I suppose it's to be expected with Sanjo having already done a series.
Tigerjoe
Number 6
Number 6

Post by Tigerjoe »

My first impression of Mashin Chaser is that he's more like a blank slate, robot-like, possibly amnesiac.
Could he actually be the defeated Proto-Drive, brainwashed and corrupted by the Roidmudes into their personal bodyguard?
Snipped Mashin Chaser's armor at a glance does kind of look like a patched up version of the prototype suit. I also don't think that Belt-san had his consciousness downloaded to Proto-Drive's belt yet, so it's not likely that Belt-san knew exactly what happened to him that night.

It's a bit too obvious for a plot twist, but I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case.
Last edited by Phoenix512 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoiling
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Oh, I feel like I should mention how the grunt versions of the Roidmude seem to be either bats or spiders. There's almost always bats and spiders at the start of these shows; it's so weird that they keep doing this very specific nod to the original series.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, but the generic monsters super suck. If you squint real close, you can see which animal ear is on this generic grey monster body. I guess all the Orphenochs looking the same wasn't enough for them.
http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/drive/roy/000/
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

>.> I say we should make a game with the whole numbers thing where we try to guess which number will be destroyed next.
Shaider03
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Zentreya
Favorite Actor?: Robert Downey Jr
Quote: My love for tokusatsu will never die.

Post by Shaider03 »

Could Chase be the user of Prototype Drive who supposedly died? That's my theory lets see what happens.
Shaider03
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Zentreya
Favorite Actor?: Robert Downey Jr
Quote: My love for tokusatsu will never die.

Post by Shaider03 »

Tigerjoe wrote:My first impression of Mashin Chaser is that he's more like a blank slate, robot-like, possibly amnesiac.
Could he actually be the defeated Proto-Drive, brainwashed and corrupted by the Roidmudes into their personal bodyguard?
Snipped Mashin Chaser's armor at a glance does kind of look like a patched up version of the prototype suit. I also don't think that Belt-san had his consciousness downloaded to Proto-Drive's belt yet, so it's not likely that Belt-san knew exactly what happened to him that night.

It's a bit too obvious for a plot twist, but I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case.
Yeah I'm thinking the same thing about Chaser as well.
empithree
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Quote: obaachan ga itte ita

Post by empithree »

At 07:02, subtitle got a typo for Asaya name to Ayasa.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”