KR Drive 06 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

KR Drive 06 released

Post by Yaiba »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Drive_06

This is an awesome episode.

I really like the design of Type Wild. Black on silver with the buggy-head design. Having the tire on the shoulder also looks much better than on the chest, and it's practical as a shield. The blue and red stripes on the chest also gives a police feel.

Tomari coming to terms with the harsh world is also good and believable. Justice is just a naive ideal, but he'll continue to fight, because not all people are bad in this world

Everyone in the department plays their role and they actually feels like a police department for once. Even Chief is useful in giving advises. That exchange on the roof makes me think, does he knows the identity of Drive?

Belt-san deliberately withholding things and then revealing them after the fact seems to be both a running gag and a plot device

Tomari's sarcasm is amusing as usual, commenting on Mad Doctor's name and complaining the crampiness of the driver seat. And rolf at the Handle Sword not coming when summoned

I also like that it's actually painful to get rid of the poison, and not just some deus ex machina that mysterious fixes everything

The only thing I don't like is that it was so plain obvious Rinna is Drive's mechanic from the beginning. It's dead give away when Dimension Cab recognize her a few episode ago. And then they try to create this huge mystery of her being a traitor.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Drive 06 released

Post by takenoko »

I like the design of Type Wild for the most part. The black and white is rather sleek. The head is a bit too much of a football helmet to me, but that's alright.

Nice to see the team working together.
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

Yaiba wrote:The only thing I don't like is that it was so plain obvious Rinna is Drive's mechanic from the beginning. It's dead give away when Dimension Cab recognize her a few episode ago. And then they try to create this huge mystery of her being a traitor.
I guess this episode had me fooled then. To me it looked more like she stole Dimension Cab, to study or experiment on. And while I knew that Rinna wasn't really going to leave the SCD, I was more thinking that they were going to have to convince her to come back, rather than her just pretending.

I wonder if, one-by-one, the SCD is gradually going to find out Shinnosuke's identity. Kinda-like how Fourze gradually made friends in the first couple episodes. I can just imagine all the SCD walking in-and-out of the garage, taking coffee breaks & messing around with the Shift Cars.

That fight with Chaser was pretty cool, especially since we don't get alot of dusk shots in Toku.

All-in-all, really enjoyed this episode (although the Car-Fu didn't exactly impress me). And these last 2 episodes have really warmed me up to Drive in general.
Last edited by HarryFA1 on Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I just keep seeing Type Wild just doing right shoulder tackle attacks all the time.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

I like the design too, but only from the front. His back seems a bit too... plain? Also, great episode overall... though the very comedic behavior of all the support characters is beginning to get on my nerves.
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

For a shift car called Rumble Dump, why is the weapon a drill? other than niggling little detail this was a very good episode. I did not think it was obvious at all that Rinna was the secret mechanic. Type wild looks awesome and the shoulder tire is better than the chest tire.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Yaiba wrote: I also like that it's actually painful to get rid of the poison, and not just some deus ex machina that mysterious fixes everything
I beg to differ. He gets a life threatening amount of poison, only to have it resolved by a new shift car out of nowhere not 5 minutes later. Granted it's probably impractical to deal with that thread all episode long, but to have the cure come out of nowhere is pretty deus ex.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

MadCow wrote:I like the design too, but only from the front. His back seems a bit too... plain?
Type Speed is like that as well. Drive's back is the undercarriage of a car, while his front is the fender panelling you'd otherwise see on the outsides of a car. It's just more noticeable on Type Wild because he's got a white chassis instead of a black one.

I think Wild looks crappy, myself. I really like the bandolier look of Speed, and Wild just seems too damn clunky and ugly. It also doesn't feel enough like an alternate form of Drive, not like how Fourze's or Wizard's were clearly the same guy; Wild is so different, it feels like an entirely different Rider.

So anyway, the twist of the Public Safety guy being a shitlord who's related to the corrupt weapons manufacturer was pretty great. He looked pretty weaselly from the get-go. And people were honestly arguing that Rinna was a Roidmude plant or something, lol

Next episode preview:
Spoiler
Oh look, it's the dude who Kintaros originally possessed, now presumably blowing up buildings to get a photographic scoop on Drive. His stupidity will make us all cry!
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

In other perspective Rinna seems kind of bitchy type. Grinding over and over.

Type Wild looks good to me. Shiny Silver suits doesn't suit him anyway. It's better Grey or black
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

Huh, I thought the Handle Sword was made from Tridoron's steering wheel. How could it not have been in the car that Drive was using mere moments beforehand? :?
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

Type Wild looks more like a metal hero than a rider for me. That said, another rider with a healing gadget after Fourze? Though this one includes excruciating pain.

And hey, Venosnaker, haven't been seeing you since Ryuki.
Mithrahn
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Jasmine
Favorite Actor?: Kinoshita Ayumi
Favorite Band: Vocaloid
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Gundam Breaker 2
Quote: "Showtime Da Ze"
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mithrahn »

Actually, can't he use Mad Doctor to cure his friend?
Ryouga
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ryouga »

Didnt realise it was Kohei Yamamoto as the truck driver at first as saw the last episode on my pc monitor, watched this one on my plasma and when I saw the scene with the phone call I just thought "is that HurricaneYellow?"

Its hard to tell when someone is in a basic bland uniform.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Mithrahn wrote:Actually, can't he use Mad Doctor to cure his friend?
Mad Doctor only work on Drive, since he need to do a Full Throttle to activate it. And only fews peoples can be Drive, even if it wasn't explained why, so I don't think his friend would be one of those. It would be too much a coincidence.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Good episode. Love the form change as well. Good to see its not just a straight up colour/ slight armour change.

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”