KR Drive 07 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

KR Drive 07 released

Post by Yaiba »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Drive_07

What I'm enjoying about this series so far, is it's making fun of the obvious tropes that we take for granted.
- The belt doesn't always mysteriously appears on your waist when needed, even when you thought you grabbed it
- The tyre bouncing into your chest actually hurts...
- Why didn't he used his stronger form? It's knocked out of this hand and not just being forgotten for no reason

We got more background on the Roidmude. Their evolved form is based on the desires and memories of the human they chose.

Lieutenant Otta is going to see one part of Drive at a time. By the time he gets the whole picture, the image will be a Drive with his different forms combined.

When Hayase mentioned "that promise", Tomari seems uncertain. I don't remember any promise, was it mentioned before?

I don't know what's the deal with Kiriko. The guy's visiting his best friend he feels he owed and doesn't want others there. Kiriko hardly even knows Hayase. Yeah, Tomari is pretty inconsiderate to turn her down like that, but does she need to be mad and do childish things for the whole day? This subplot really annoys me.

Movie Preview:
Spoiler
This is just so a ripoff tribute to Detective Conan and Kaitou Kid. With the white cape, the detective vs phantom thief thing, and the thief able to play disguise.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Drive 07 released

Post by takenoko »

Luna pointed out that the last part of the company name Towall can be pronounced To-R. Just like how the company in the previous story was Font R. So we're seeing a lot of R's in this series. R for dRive?!
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Kiriko smile. Super sweet. Maybe I will create the gif.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Someone's blowing up buildings! Could it be... IT IS!

SON OF A BITCH, KUSAKA
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

Pretty decent episode this week, nothing offensive but nothing amazing either.

Ok, I'm not the only one who heard "F@%king Wrecker" right? First "F@%ky Spike" and now this this, Belt-san's got a potty mouth.

You'd think that after the stuff with the Font R president, Shinnosuke would be a bit more cautious about putting people above suspicion.

The photographers name is Kusaka, so you know he's an asshole.

Sorta surprised we didn't see him use Solar this episode.

So anyone else think there might be more to Kenta? There must be, right? Otherwise this mystery is pretty much open & shut.
chcoman123
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Vidya Gams
Quote: Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero! - Kamen Rider Double

Post by chcoman123 »

MUCH better episode this week. While i'm still not sold on the series, if it continues like this episode, then I will be.
'
I'm glad that they gave us some more info on how the Roidmude work. They aren't just 'RAWR IM EVAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!!" Glad to know that they have some sort of goal. I also like the ideas presented in this episode concerning them, in that they need to...absorb a human...I think... (kinda half-paying attention their and i'm too lazy to go back and find out). However the idea that they absorb a human's desire is cool and kida reminds me of Den-O. I also like the more creative powers they've been giving them and the idea that humans and Roidmude are working together seems cool, as that isn't something we usually see in Kamen Rider. Still hate their designs though.

I really like that actual mystery presented in this episode, as I genuinely didn't know where it was gonna go or what would happen. I thought I had it figured out, but then that scene in the office where they were saying it could've been either one of the reporters, it made me flip my expectations completely. That scene, and the entire episode made me feel like that these were actually police officers, doing follow-up investigations, flashing the badge, and etc.

Less car puns = YES.

Less time showing the other members of the team being stupid = YES.

There only two things I didn't like. One was that dumb romance subplot.The other is how obvious the formula for this show is becoming. LEt's go through it step by step:
1. Something weird happens.
2. Shinnosuke and the rest go to check it out.
3. Find out that a Roidmude is involved.
4. Everyone but Shinnosuke and Kiriko do NOTHING but be annoying comic relief
5. Shinnosuke figures it out.
6. Shinnosuke goes to confront the Roidmude when OH NOES MASHIN CHASER STOPS HIM
7. Kiriko or someone else is about to die
8. TO BE CONTINUED.

I know this sounds like the formula for every episode of Kamen Rider, but here, it's particularly apparant.

Also, I have learned that ever since Ryuki, YOU DON'T TRUST ANYONE NAME KUSAKA.
Divine Rider
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Gaim + Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Chojin Sentai Jetman
Dreamy: Uh.Kaori from Jetman
Favorite Band: Kanye + Kendrick
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Paula Jai Parker
Quote: "I am a man who walks the path of the heavens to rule over everything, Zaytoven."
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Divine Rider »

I also agree how each case they've had so far draws you in. I like to look for depth (sometimes where it doesn't need to be) but I appreciate how the investigation keeps you guessing. I also appreciate how, despite all the new Shift Cars appearing, he isn't using them all at once and he isn't OP. I will admit that he got a new form fairly fast, though. All that business has got me wondering who the second Rider will be. I've only thought of that Black Drive, but that would be a bit let down, seeing as how similar they are.

What Yaiba said also has me thinking. I like how Ota is getting all these smaller parts of how Drive looks. When they get all the puzzle pieces together, will he have some kind of composite form? That'd be interesting. Probably ugly, but interesting. I'm not sure what other people think of Type Wild, but I can't imagine that others find his very aesthetically pleasing, either.

What else? Oh, I'm really enjoying the special effects and CG in this series. They are pretty seamless compared to the others I've seen. Talk about HD. That and the fight scenes are all pretty spectacular. The humor is pretty great, too. Like when Tomari was like "I don't like when other people drive!" all cool and commanding, and then the next scene was a scornful Tomari in the passenger seat. Hahahah :lol:
"I am a man who walks the path of the heavens to rule over everything, Gucci Mane."
Sentai_ZXR7
Infinity
Quote: Ready for the Next Challenge

Post by Sentai_ZXR7 »

It's my first time posting a comment here, I sincerely congratulate the team of translators, typesetting and others for Kamen Rider Drive and previous series.
This must be time consuming task for those involved.
It was previously commented about the proper word, being used "Heavyness" this could have been called "Slowdown" (the opposite of "Acceleration") my apologies if I am wrong with this concept, just a tought, for sure :?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Slowdown is pretty good. I like that.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I'm pretty sure that one was discussed at some point. The problem is that it's been stated in multiple magazine sources that the Roidmude's power is gravity-based, and that they don't manipulate time, energy, or speed. If you think about it, it kinda makes sense, since fighter pilots and astronauts still have the same speed of thoughts just can't move as fast due to multiple Gs. However, that's why we eventually went with the Heaviness since it most closely resembles the Japanese and the power. It's not a perfect translation but I think it works given the circumstances.q
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I dunno, I don't feel like the actual show supports that gravity theory though. Hyper gravity is more like "I feel so fat I can't move very quickly and I'm sinking towards my feet" whereas the Roidmude phenomenon just makes everything slow. I think the gravity aspect is just Hollywood science used to justify the effect.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Well, no, the show doesn't back up the magazines. Stupid really
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It follows the Einstein theory of gravity which when close to a strong gravitational force, the slower time gets. It's probably hard for the show to properly to convey this but the theory should be mention at the beginning to explain it. Also I been reading Part 6 of Jojo which the main villain ends up having the ability to use gravity to alter the speed of time. So the Shift Cars have the ability to match the gravitational force of the Roidmudes to explain why equipping them allows them to move properly.
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

Did I enjoy the episode? Definitely.

Do I enjoy the series (so far)? Definitely.

Do I enjoy the commercials that come with the episode? Definitely. Althouh I did notice "Georgia" was misspelled as, "Geogria" at the end of the commercial. Nothing earth-shattering. Just an observation. And I want either the Black of Blended flavors.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Like Divine Rider said the cases draws you in pretty well. I've enjoyed the each of the cases so far.

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”