KR Drive 08 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

KR Drive 08 released

Post by Yaiba »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Drive_08

Last week's preview said "tragic truth", I actually thought Takasugi edited the photos behind Kusaka's back and wants to make up for that now. But it turns out that's not the case. He was just too upset to respond the his friend's request. Though he could have made up for it a few days later and not waited a year. But I like the final scene where they amend their friendship.

Handle Sword, Door Gun... what will we have next? Window Shield? :lol:

The way Tomari deals with the Door Gun during the battle with Chaser is hilarious, though it totally kills Chaers's serious moments of internal struggling

And since we're approaching the 1/3 mark, we're starting to see Chaser having self doubts.

So the promise was just introducing Kiriko to Hayase.

In the SCD, we have a detective who's good at solving case, a computer geek who can hack, a scientist who can create weapons, an officer who does police ground work, and a chief who does absolutely nothing. So er, it's not really too bad of being a bunch of useless police I guess.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Drive 08 released

Post by takenoko »

I'm really liking the mechanic/toy synergies in this show. Using the door to reload is kind of fun. I kind of wish it were more of a powerful shotgun though. The bullets it currently shoots out look pretty weak.

I need to check the magazines to see what kind of car and figure toys have come out for Drive. I just wonder what the toy version of the car looks like.

It's actually kind of cool to see the Rider's vehicle be important to the series. Like Kuuga and Agito's and Faiz's vehicles were really important. I think in recent years, the vehicles have fallen on the wayside and just exist to take a Rider to the scene of the monster attack. Even Gaim's Lock Vehicles and Fourze's rocket one are just new gimmicks, in the end the vehicle is just a means of transportation. Which is fine, but it's nice to see it involved in battle the way Drive's is.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

What struck me about this episode was the last part where Kiriko tells Shinnosuke "I'm your buddy." It really does put her on equal footing with him as not just his token female, but as his actual partner. Considering the last couple series (Gaim, Wizard, and even Fourze to a point) where the girl was basically useless or at most a deus ex machina, this is really refreshing and actually knocked Drive up a few points in my opinion. I just hope they keep this up.

OH MY GOD THEY GOT EVEN MORE OBVIOUS ABOUT CHASER JESUS JUST PAINT A SIGN ON HIM THAT SAYS PROTO-DRIVE ALREADY
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I burst out laughing when he said that. I mean, dude, I get it. You're the angsty anti-hero clad in purple tights in a kid's show. I actually kind of like characters like that, even his monotone stoicism. But can he scream out "brainwashed" any louder than that?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Kiriko looks pretty good when she's not wearing her police outfit. The Door Gun reminds me of the Cyclone Gun in Beet the Vandal Buster with its reload mechanic.
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

That Door Gun finisher was way too cool, that energy shield was pretty neeat. However, the CG or Trideron sticks out like a sore thumb.

I like how many flaws Shinnosuke has as a chararter, and how he tries to fix each episode. Definitely not Daigo. KIriko made a lot more sense than last episode now that we've seen that flashback. Really enjoying all the characters in this show.

Also Chaser can fly now. That is a thing that can happen.
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
chcoman123
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Vidya Gams
Quote: Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero! - Kamen Rider Double

Post by chcoman123 »

Is anyone getting annoyed by Mashin Chaser? Not only is it painfully obvious about his backstory, but also, whenever he shows up, he's just standing there. Shinnosuke realizes he can drive right past him right? At least make him an obstacle.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

He was totally like K'Dash from The King Of Fighters. From the personality and color scheme.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I like how Kiriko is taking an active role in the plot. Hopefully they keep that up.

I felt like the bulk of this episode was mostly empty and pointless though; the meat of this story was all in the first part.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Sweet, we finally get to see Drive shift between Types, and... it's obscured by an energy cloud. Nuts. I was hoping to get a cool technology-Rider thing, like there was a reason they'd blue-balled us on this for a while. Or that, hilariously, he'd need to detransform entirely somehow. Oh well.

I think I'd feel a lot more for Chase's struggle to figure himself out if he wasn't such a shallow obstacle of a character. (And no, you can't just drive past him. They tried that; he just gets on his bike and chases your ass down.)
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

Hayase still being alive to me makes for a good anchor character for Shinnosuke. Much like in the sense Kouta has his sister to keep him somewhat normal despite all of the KR stuff that occurs around him the coversations with Hayase keeps him very relatable.
Yaiba wrote:In the SCD, we have a detective who's good at solving case, a computer geek who can hack, a scientist who can create weapons, an officer who does police ground work, and a chief who does absolutely nothing. So er, it's not really too bad of being a bunch of useless police I guess.
It still doesn't excuse the fact that someone in the police force wants this team to fail since they are based in the DMV :P
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Oh my God....Will they just stop dicking around and say Chaser is Proto-Drive already? Seriously, I don't think there's a billboard big enough to show that he was Proto-Drive.

I'm not a fan of the gun. At all. I was expecting something different that a Door Gun. In my head, I thought it was going to be based on the gearshit (since the first thing he got was a Handle Sword) and you could use a lever on the back to change the shot (from a single shot, to a shotgun, to rapid fire, etc.) It's just too freaking plain for my liking. Plus, the name sounds like something Saban would use in an episode of Power Rangers.

Speaking of, this episode has the worst fight between Chaser and Drive so far. I'm not talking about the overall choreography, that's always a positive in Kamen Rider, but that scene where Shinouske and the mechanic (her name slips my mind) are just hiding behind Trideron......Really? I know tokusatsu gets really jokey sometimes because it's a show for kids, but come on! You mean this guy, this badass bad guy, just stood there while his biggest rival is hiding behind a car? I know I shouldn't complain cause often the M.O.W. will just stand there while the hero transforms -and by all tactical means, that's a dumb idea- but this time was overall just......ugh, I think I need UHF to help me here.

Next Episode (though, really just a rant about Type Technique):
Spoiler
I hope it preforms good, cause I hate the design. Just....all that light green and extra kibble don't make me want to like this form at all. And, judging by some of the scans I've seen, they're just gonna get more ridiculous looking as the show goes on. I really hope this show takes a turn for the better, cause I want to like Drive, but I'm having trouble doing so.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

So, Type Wild is an American Football player while Type Technique is suuposed to be what? a matador?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

LOL, I know the grill makes Type Wild look like a football player, but overall, my boring answer is that I think they're just supposed to look like cars. Type Speed is the slick red sports car while Type Wild is a monster truck with a big fat grill.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Monster truck, dune buggy, Humvee; one of those, or a crazy combination of them all.

So we've got an awesome, gorgeous, high-horsepower sports car, now there's a ridiculously torqued-out but ugly as hell utility vehicle; so what's next? Something really fragile, as the polar opposite of Wild?

What the hell is his mid-season form gonna be? TYPE TRACTOR TRAILER. Wait, no, that'll be his final form and he combines with the trailer to become Ultra Magnus.

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”