Drive Episode 0 Released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Drive Episode 0 Released

Post by Lunagel »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Drive_0

Well, I guess that was about what I had expected. They're being reaaaaaaally unsubtle about Chaser=Proto-Drive, this basically spelled it out since the voice is the exact same thing. We do not think very highly of children's intellects this series, do we?

Can I just say how much I hate the CSI zoom in, enhance thing? HATE. It is literally impossible to do that with crappy footage and I wish they'd stop it because it creates unrealistic expectations about what can be done with computers.

Last two minutes were basically directly cut from episode 1 horray for laziness.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Drive Episode 0 Released

Post by takenoko »

I don't think they were going for subtlety with Proto-Drive being Chaser. Frankly, I just think it's awesome to see what Proto-Drive/Chaser in action. Really can't wait to see the day that Chaser becomes a Rider again.

The only thing that disappointed me about this episode is that it mostly focused on Tomari being a boring cop. Was hoping for a bit more Proto-Drive side of things.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

That was pretty much of a horrible waste of budget money in my opinion. We obviously know that Proto-Drive is actually Mashin Chaser they threw it out in the series already. I guess we're going to Roidmude Number 5 sooner or later in the series.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Number one on the upgrade list from Proto-Drive to official ver. was a hot rod red paint job.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I really didn't know what to expect from this, so I guess I don't have any specific expectations that it needed to meet. Heck, I was half-expecting it to be a clip show, so it has already exceeded what are admittedly some very low expectations.:P

Now that we've had a chance to see more of Proto Drive, I've come to the conclusion that I like Proto Drive's outfit more than Drive's. Proto doesn't have the damned tire on his chest or the spoiler on his helmet, and coupled with the black paint scheme he looks a lot sleeker and overall much less garish. It's a shame that in order to make Proto and Drive stand apart, they had to make Drive bulkier/worse.
takenoko wrote:I don't think they were going for subtlety with Proto-Drive being Chaser. Frankly, I just think it's awesome to see what Proto-Drive/Chaser in action. Really can't wait to see the day that Chaser becomes a Rider again.
They have to be going for some degree of subtlety. Otherwise they would have already spelled it out. There's no way Steinbelt doesn't recognize Chase.
Lunagel wrote:Can I just say how much I hate the CSI zoom in, enhance thing? HATE. It is literally impossible to do that with crappy footage and I wish they'd stop it because it creates unrealistic expectations about what can be done with computers.
Yes, you may. And you're absolutely right. At this point it's both so physically wrong and so cliche that it's a distraction rather than a flag of cleverness.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Hey, they've been doing it since Blade Runner. "Computer, zoom in and enhance" isn't going away any time soon.
Galada
Go Go!

Post by Galada »

Well, there's isn't much in this besides what we already saw at the intro of the show. There's Tomari and Hayase fighting Jack Sparrow with a mask, there Proto Drive fighting a bit and that's it. I guess they feared to spoil us too much (or make everyone who didn't manage to get the DVD feels that they were losing some essencial sotry elements), but if that was the case, they wouldn't make even more obvious that Chase was the Proto Driver (the same voice, really?). There's really no point in having a countdown to the Global Freeze here because the time passes way too fast, and the event itself isn't even covered in this. But hey, the slow-motion effects are better here than in the actual series, and they have a little CSI moment with the zoom and enhance thing (this kind of shit always make me laugh). I could nitpick more, but it's a kids show, it's Christmas Eve and I'm sleepy.
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

Episode Zero? On Christmas Eve? (for Australia anyway) It's a Christmas miracle!

I wanna know more about the Copycat Pirate. What's his backstory? Why did he turn to a life of crime? And more importantly, why does he dress up as a pirate?!

Well, that's clearly Chase's voice coming out of Proto-Drive. So this means that Steinbelt either has some kind of amnesia, or he's withholding information from Shinnosuke & co.

Shinnosuke & Hayase must be freaking super-cops or something. Singlehandedly busting 2 terrorist plots in one day. No wonder Shinnosuke got to be Drive.

So Heart got his name before he changed into his evolved form? Huh, kinda figured that would happen after, seeing as though 005 was just called by his number.
VerusMaya II wrote:Number one on the upgrade list from Proto-Drive to official ver. was a hot rod red paint job.
Red makes it go faster.

All-in-all this wasn't bad, but nothing spectacular either. Wish there was more Proto-Drive stuff, but whatever.

Merry Christmas!
kikaida
IXA
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Blade

Post by kikaida »

HarryFA1 wrote: Well, that's clearly Chase's voice coming out of Proto-Drive. So this means that Steinbelt either has some kind of amnesia, or he's withholding information from Shinnosuke & co.
Merry Christmas!
Episode 11 will give us a little more information on the Steinbelt/Proto-Drive relationship, but it also raises a few more questions . . .
"There is no charge for awesomeness . . . or attractiveness." Po.
ng230711 ver.2
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider B
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black RX
Favorite Actor?: Kurata Tetsuo
Quote: Those who've learned from history, learned that
people don't learn from history...

Post by ng230711 ver.2 »

Is there any HD release of this episode? HD 720 maybe..
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

DVD only
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
thehao
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by thehao »

... i really want to see Drive using Roidmude car in the TV series :3
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I guess all the Shift Cars was the reason why the Roidmude were stopped during the Global Freeze. I don't think it was a complete waste since it showed that Tomari was a capable cop before he became Drive.

I thought it was going to show what Kiriko did before the Global Freeze as well but I guess not.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

VerusMaya II wrote:Number one on the upgrade list from Proto-Drive to official ver. was a hot rod red paint job.
Now I just want a scene of Belt-san talking to a bunch of robotic limbs that are designing the regular Drive suit and talking like Tony Stark. "Throw a little Hot Rod Red in there."
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

If Chase's voice coming out of Proto-Drive and going on and on about death wasn't enough, look at how goddamn huge Proto-Drive is. He towers over 005, and Mashin Chaser is also quite a bit bigger than Drive, who's usually on even footing with the Roidmude in height.

This really didn't answer any questions, though. Still no idea what happened to Proto-Drive, and Belt seemed honestly quite confused that first time seeing Mashin Chaser roll up, as if he had no idea either.

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”