KR Drive 11 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

KR Drive 11 released

Post by Yaiba »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Drive_11

An epic conclusion to the first chapter of the series.

They had me fooled for a moment there. I seriously thought Drive will need to hire a new person for the role. Which is good, because it isn't just Shinnosuke survived and walked away in the first few seconds of the episode.

Instead of just being background decorations, everyone interacts and reacts to the case. Though I had hope it was them who find some leads instead of Shinnosuke figuring everything out by himself again.

And the revelation about Chaser. From episode 0 we know he has the same voice as Proto-Drive. Unless Toei is just being cheap and doesn't want to hire a new voice actor, his identity should be pretty obvious.

Here are a few thoughts:
1. Either 000 chose to fight on Belt-san's side and become Proto-Drive, got reprogrammed after his defeat; or
2. 000 copied the human of Proto-Drive, then have an identity crisis
3. But then, we have a new character who isn't labeled "commander", just like Chase. So was Chase created by Bolt or something as well?

Tridoron has an eject button?

I can stand all the bad cgi so far, but that Bolt climbing on the building wall... what the hell is that?!
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Drive 11 released

Post by OOOKaiser »

Well it looks like Drive is canon to whatever happened in the movie crossover with Gaim and Drive after all. The chief kind of creeps me out every time I see him though. Mashin Chaser interrupting fights is just a plain boring plot now in my opinion.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Well, it looks like blackouts happen to THE SUN too now.

I honestly laughed at the Chief. Somehow it doesn't surprise me he's one of those people who knows what he's owed.

This Villain Lair brought to you by the Greeed.

"how do we make this place look like it's a bad guy hideout?"
"ehh, just throw swatches of fabric all over the place"
"...but we're in the middle of an aquarium"
"SWATCHES DAMMIT MAN!"
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote:Well, it looks like blackouts happen to THE SUN too now.
Yeah, that was an... interesting... use of a filter. I mean, you can't film at night, do you know how dark that is?!

Sooo... a lot of revelations in this episode. Medic's a new character as portrayed by Baba Fumika (she doesn't have her own wiki page yet, so I guess she's a newcomer)

Chase is... Proto-Drive? I guess not, he's just a Roidmude labeled 000. So what's going on there? Guess Episode 0 was supposed to be a bit misleading.

And a second Rider already? Wow.

It's pretty lolzy that Bolt turned into a giant spider with a body that's a car.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I'm betting Chase IS Proto Drive, but the reason Belt-san didn't say anything before was because Chase didn't have a human appearance when he was Proto Drive. Belt seems to better recognize him when he's gone full Roidmude form.
takenoko wrote:It's pretty lolzy that Bolt turned into a giant spider with a body that's a car.
specifically, he turned into a giant version of the spider viral core, and the legs became useable. Chase's viral cores are special. the normal spider ones look black with a brown spider like that.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It kinda made sense that Chase is a Roidmude but he's suffering from an identity crisis. I didn't expect to see the second Rider so soon.

Medic is a commander from what I know. I thought the same thing about their hideout being like the Greeeds.

Poor Tomari, he got trolled so hard by Kiriko.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:
Yeah, that was an... interesting... use of a filter. I mean, you can't film at night, do you know how dark that is?!
I must have missed that. Where-about was the sun filtered out?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Halfway through the episode there's an orange filter to show the sun setting. Around 14 minutes in there's a dark filter that I guess it's supposed to represent twilight? But it's really just a grey filter on top of a day scene. At 14:58 you can see that the sky is blue and has clouds in it and stuff.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Damn Medic was too cute... And I want to date with Kiroko on the Christmas eve too.
CrazyBlaze
Infinity
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: TOKU!
Quote: Finished: Sentai: Dairanger, Kakuranger, Abaranger, Dekaranger. Magiranger, Bokuenger, Go-onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyrouranger

Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Agito, Faiz, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim

Watching: Gekiranger, ToQer, Drive

Post by CrazyBlaze »

I honestly laughed at the Chief. Somehow it doesn't surprise me he's one of those people who knows what he's owed.

This Villain Lair brought to you by the Greeed.

"how do we make this place look like it's a bad guy hideout?"
"ehh, just throw swatches of fabric all over the place"
"...but we're in the middle of an aquarium"
"SWATCHES DAMMIT MAN!"
And the Gurongi. Hanging out in random places? Totally the Gurongi.
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

Christmas Party Cock Blocks, oh what a joyous time of year!

But yeah, this was a great episode. Chase actually did a lot that wasn't just blocking Tomari, Heart remains alive and cool, Shinnosuke and Kiriko save the day gloriously, and a new General and Rider were teased at. Things are looking pretty good for this series, so I hope I can carry this momentum throughout.

So is Proto-Drive the first completely robotic Rider? I guess that's neat if you were keeping track.

Also lol at those random shift cars at the beginning. Seriously they came out of nowhere.
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

takenoko wrote:Yeah, that was an... interesting... use of a filter. I mean, you can't film at night, do you know how dark that is?!

Sooo... a lot of revelations in this episode. Medic's a new character as portrayed by Baba Fumika (she doesn't have her own wiki page yet, so I guess she's a newcomer)

Chase is... Proto-Drive? I guess not, he's just a Roidmude labeled 000. So what's going on there? Guess Episode 0 was supposed to be a bit misleading.

And a second Rider already? Wow.

It's pretty lolzy that Bolt turned into a giant spider with a body that's a car.
I guess that's why Proto-Drive isn't shown untransformed in the Episode 0, because technically he's just a Roidmude (really Toei? an android, but having a street fighting style?)

So, the theory now is
Spoiler
Roidmude 000 is chosen to become Proto-Drive because it seems to be the only different type of Roidmude, but later lost against Heart and got reprogrammed by Heart and Brain.

So, we've got a Medic now huh? wonder if at some points she will forcefully took Mad Doctor Shift Car like how Chaser got Max Flare...
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

So episode 1-11 was the first chapter of the series. I hope the new rider can live up to my expectations of what I have for Kamen Rider Mach. I like the design for Mach though.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The new rider teaser was done kind of averagely. Nice to see a good 3 part episode wrap it up nicely though.
Skull Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Other rider series
Favorite Band: Maximum The Hormone
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Funya~

Post by Skull Rider »

My bet that Chase is still the Prototype Drive... Also as Prototype Roidmude, with number 000... Beaten during the Global Freeze, only Heart would pick him up, because he is, too, a Roidmude... Heart acknowledge that all Roidmude is his friends...
And I could also be wrong about this :)
Completed : V3, Amazon, Black, Black RX, ZX, Shin, J, ZO, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive, Ghost, Ex-Aid

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”