KR Drive 12 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

KR Drive 12 released

Post by Yaiba »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Drive_12

I like the funny moments in this episode

- Gen-san finally saw the face and pieced together a combined Kamen Rider from the 3 types (sorta)
- Belt-san's voice has echo when speaking through all 3 cars
- The white arrow that follows the suspect
- The new guy swat away Shinnosuke's circling "top gear images", and then Shinnosuke went and picked them up
- Everyone in SCD is nicknamed
- Gen-san getting important terms wrong is going to be a thing

I don't really have any comments about the new rider, other than he has a helmet within a helmet? Oh and, a belt from America that uses Japanese. I think we're going to have a lot of random Engrish from now on.

Chase, just take the stage already.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR Drive 12 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Mach is really inspired by Evel Knievel from the suit, stunt bike, and even the stage setup for the intro.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

I'm really not that impressed by Mach's debut it hasn't excited me at all.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Phoenix512 wrote:Mach is really inspired by Evel Knievel from the suit, stunt bike, and even the stage setup for the intro.
I realize this is what it's going for, but to me it feels very much like the "super loud and flashy" American stereotype all over again.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, it's a fascinating contradiction, isn't it? As bombastic and over the top as Mach's entrance was, it really wasn't that exciting at all. All that needless posturing was frankly rather boring. I mean, the idea was sound, but there was no emotion to it. It's hard to explain.

Also, Powerful Rangers?!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I would just like to say that I used "let's henshin" back before it was cool by mashing up go-busters "let's morphin" and kr's "henshin"

Clearly Mach is an homage to me.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

What a gowdy appearance and Shawn Michael intro, RAIDAA... MAHHA..

CatSidhe Phantom turn into a cowboy Digimon

. So you won't be death from 20 feet height with Donyori.

I love the Visor can be slide up like actual fullface helmet. His driver use lot Japanese word instead of Belt-san.

His hand swinging pose for henshin was same as Super-1.

Mach sounds like Terry Bogard with English. Yeah "Let's Henshin" sounds like Let's Morphin to me.
MVZ-800
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Video games

Post by MVZ-800 »

Ugh, Mach feels more like a Sentai counterpart. I have a feeling I'm going to dislike him.

In fact the whole ending to the episode felt like it was ripped from Sentai; the villains in their lair discussing plans, Mach's henshin and fight... I get that it is trying to be a homage to the American way of things but I really don't like it.
chcoman123
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Vidya Gams
Quote: Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero! - Kamen Rider Double

Post by chcoman123 »

Good lord, the rider suit for Mach is SILLY. I think the helmet is the worst part. Oh, and he's annoying as hell, with the constant Engrish. And his introduction is lame and kinda comes from nowhere too. The entire time, I couldn't help but think "YOU'RE NOT IN SUPER SENTAI! If I wanted to watch Super Sentai, i'd go watch Super Sentai, not Kamen Rider". Not to mention the whole "he's from america, but still speaks Japanese and looks Japanese" thing. I know, limited budget, but if you're gonna have a limited budget, don't do it in the first place. I do like the Belt though. And the idea that he's Kiriko's brother is cool.

JESUS KAMEN RIDER DRIVE. Stop trying to be funny! It's annoying more than actually funny. It's a shame too, because when the show is being serious, it's really good at it. but the comedy kills it. I wouldn't mind the comedy all that much in fact, if it was actually funny, which is real shame. I'm watching it, and there's some funny writing behind it, but it's executed so poorly, that it isn't funny at all. For instance, the scene where Tomari gets the geek kid (can't remember his name) out of the water, then drops him and he falls back in is actually a really funny idea. But it's ruin because none of the actors have any real sense of comedic timing. I don't if it's the actor or director or what, but it's getting on my nerves. If it sounds like i'm not enjoying the show, well, yeah I gues i'm not to a degree, but there is some good stuff to be found here.

Anyways, that rant went on long enough. Let's talk about the monster for this week. The design and concept of the monster this week was much better than previous weeks. Still feels a bit too Sentai-y for me, but it's good nonetheless. Medic is weird as hell, what with her constant ballet. Also, who the hell is that other brother of the monster? And it's kinda a weird note to end on, especially cause it's so abrupt, as it feels like they're in the middle of a scene, and then they just end the episode. Odd.

Preview spoiler:
Spoiler
The creators must think that they are brilliant by making Mashin Chaser Proto-drive, because they are SERIOUSLY dragging it out. It's obvious, so why not just tell us already?
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo

Post by VerusMaya II »

Aw I think Drive is really funny and I like its sense of humor. The arrow pointing at the suspect? Tomari gathering his thoughts, literally? :(
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

OHHH GOD. Last episode was actually good and I thought they're gonna drop the over-the-top comedic stints at last. But nope.... this episode they went two levels further than the usual silly. C'mmon, Drive. The series don't have to take itself seriously all the time but cheap comedics like the ones in this episode really ruin things.

Totally not impressed with Mach. Suit design is lame. Character wise, annoying as hell. His intro is boring. I hope he will at least have an interesting backstory, otherwise I couldn't care less for Mach.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
Vraptor140
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Vraptor140 »

Mach, had been waiting since seen the raw clip and yes, he's very annoying. It's very obvious this is being set up for them to knock some sense into him, possibly next episode, but this isn't a very good first impression of the character.

And there there's Medic, and what little purpose she has besides a device so that roimmude can survive longer in the show. I don't know what plans they have in the future but I didn't feel they were going down the 108 so fast as to need her to prolong things.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I didn't find Mach be that annoying as other people do. Did anyone else notice that Go's shirt kept changing during the pre-henshin? It also looks like Mach can't destroy the cores like Drive can. At least they made Go someone who's isn't some random guy out of nowhere and made him have a relation with the main cast.

I did find it funny that Tomari's deductive thoughts became actual pictures.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

kyoichikiller90 wrote:. So you won't be death from 20 feet height with Donyori.
Which is weird since in "Episode Zero", a similar thing happened and it was played as much more serious.
(Tomari thought the guy was dead, for one thing)
chcoman123 wrote:JESUS KAMEN RIDER DRIVE. Stop trying to be funny! It's annoying more than actually funny. [..] I don't if it's the actor or director or what, but it's getting on my nerves.
I think its the director; this one was directed by Hidenori Ishida who also had a credit (among lots others) for Gaim 25.
Also, I doubt Sanjo's actually writing in his script "Do funny camera tricks".
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

guessing no one here watches Top Gear (neither do I, but I've seen enough commercials), because I was expecting a bunch of jokes about the Stig.

I also love Tomari's summation images getting messed with.

and yeah, let's take a moment to appreciate that Belt-san is a Japanese man in a Japanese driver, and all the cars names are in English (and not even bad English at that), while Mach's driver is American(?) and uses a bunch of Japanese terms (for the toys, both belts and the break gunner can interact with each others' items, and the Mach Driver changes the names of anything you use that isn't a signal bike into a related Japanese term).

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”