Kamen Rider Drive 13 Released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Kamen Rider Drive 13 Released

Post by Lunagel »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Drive_13

Mommy and Daddy are fighting again!

The clown mask gang was kinda odd but I guess that's just a thing now since the Joker. Not much to say about this episode, except that dear god there was a lot of background talking.

Kiriko calling out Go on his catchphrase was pretty funny though.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: Kamen Rider Drive 13 Released

Post by Yaiba »

Better episode than last week.

So Go is not just those a-hole who likes to going against the main rider for no reason as portrayed last episode, though the Rider fight in the beginning is not needed other than "oh the audience must love seeing the Riders fight each other"

I don't understand why Go needs to figure out the Roidmude's power before transforming. What's so special about their power? All of them can create gravity surge.

I like that Mach puts a burden on its user. Riders that have a restrain when transforming, like Zeronos in Den-O, he needs to think twice because there's a price to pay every time he transforms, makes the story more interesting.

Completable user. They said before not everyone can be Drive, so why only Shinnosuke? Why is Go chosen to be Mach? I hope there's an in-story reason.

Other than Belt-san and his late friend, there're others who knows how to create Rider belts?! Are we going to get more Riders then?

Gen-san, why did you take off the PikoPiko when it's already 11:59 and those dudes say they're going to attack at noon?

Preview:
Spoiler
Next episode should be interesting. They're finally going to reveal what we all already know. I've been waiting on the backstory.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

They did a better episode of showing Go more in this episode. And apparently the writers are trying to pair Shinnosuke and Kiriko as a couple and it looks like it could work out... I also find it strange that they don't give credit to the song for Mach
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

fun things to note:

Mach's henshin pose is the same as Super-1, and the voice of Mach's creator is Wolf Ootsuki, the guy who played Super-1's creator.
StereotypeAsian
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Leo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Post by StereotypeAsian »

Eh, I dunno. Drive is kinda not going it for me. The gimmicks are getting a little too much to take in.
I mean, I'll probably watch the entire thing anyway, but...ugh.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Considering Drive is just getting off the ground as it is, am I the only one that finds it a bit too early for the secondary rider?
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

We've had three riders so far, so I wouldn't its a regularly paced show, but they're handling it quite well.

If their's one nitpick I have about Drive, is that they really need a bigger budget for they're CG. Other than that, great episode as always!
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
TankCoyote
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Joe
Favorite Actor?: Gai
Favorite Band: Yes
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: my GF
Quote: GOKAICHANGE! GoooookaiSiiiilver!

Post by TankCoyote »

Know this wasn't the intent but when he said "more and more," it sounded like "motor, motor."
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Lovey dovey awkward moments we have here.
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

Hey! I just realized that the Garage is the same set where Joker fought Eternal in A to Z! Huh, neat!

"Gunman and 018 copied two underworld brothers afterall." So wait, does that mean there's actually a pair of brothers, one a Black Cowboy & the other a chubby Japanese guy with a big hat, working the criminal underworld in the States? Where the hell are they from, Gotham City? Man, crime in Drive-world is freakin' weird.

So far, Go really isn't grabbing me, apart from being mostly uninteresting he's got a real shit-eating grin. And he's kind of a asshole, all Shinnosuke did was tackle him & then Go just starts wailing on him, back elbow's, face punches, stomach kicks, the works. Also, he ripped off Spiderman.

I'd like to think that the Criminal Clown guys are actually the guys from Red Hot. You see, they couldn't make it on the hard Streets of Zawame, so they came to Drive's town to start a new life & a new dance/rap career, but they found that you can never turn your back on a life of crime man! You can read all about it in my fan-fiction; "Red Hot: Red Handed".

So it looks like Mach (or Maha) can destroy the cores, but he has to actually shoot them.
Speaking of, to round out Mach's arsenal we have Turn & Spread, which do what you'd expect. Stop, which...shoots a stop sign, I guess? And Danger, which summons a giant bullet monster. Yeah, for the most part that's all fine, though I wish Stop was a little more creative.

Man, right now I feel like Drive is in 1st or 2nd gear (car puns!). Like, things are happening but none of them are really grabbing my interest that much. Really hope after the Chase mystery is done with that this show starts to pick up.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Nah. They're obviously just "brothers" in the sense that they're close in relationship. Plus it simplifies the relationship for the viewer, since Gunman acts like an older brother for the other guy.
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

takenoko wrote:They're obviously just "brothers" in the sense that they're close in relationship.
No, they are Roidmudes 017 and 018. Thus, brothers.
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

TorchWood wrote:
takenoko wrote:They're obviously just "brothers" in the sense that they're close in relationship.
No, they are Roidmudes 017 and 018. Thus, brothers.
But that's where I'm confused. Did she mean that they themselves are brothers, or the people they mimicked were brothers & they just adopted their personality traits? Because she said they "copied two underworld brothers", which leads me to believe the latter.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

The people they mimicked.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Yaiba wrote:I don't understand why Go needs to figure out the Roidmude's power before transforming. What's so special about their power? All of them can create gravity surge.
He needs to know if 018 could do something else besides gravity surge. He can only fight for a limited time and wasting time to figure out their tactics while he is Mach is counter-productive.

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”