KR Drive 16 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

KR Drive 16 released

Post by Yaiba »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Drive_16

This episode is all over the place. It's like someone randomly rolls out ideas from a lottery machine and glues them together. Everything got like 2 seconds attention and was never developed. I wasn't even excited about Dead Heat Drive losing control and rampage at the end.

And I totally don't understand Brain's scene. They're talking like they don't know who Drive is and is looking for his identity in the SCD? Shinnosuke transforms in front of them every episode and is part of the SCD, so of course the SCD is closely related to Drive, what's there to expose?

The encouraging fact of this episode is Kiriko's new equipment. She's already kicking butts out there and now she can finally fight more effectively. Yeah, Rider Kick!

Random observation:
I think this was suppose to be a Rinna focused episode, but we barely saw her at all.
What's the point of Deco Traveler?
Why did Brain got isolated all of a sudden when they were still getting along last episode?
Why did we need that female detective? She didn't do anything
Belt-san can crawl like a snake? That's kind of creepy.
Danger is really a ridiculous Rider power
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: KR Drive 16 released

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

Y'know, I'm no expert on gun safety or whatever, but I'm pretty sure it's super unsafe for Shinnosuke and Go to be standing right next to the target like that while Kiriko's firing. Like, one wrong move on her part, and the show would've been down two heroes!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Campaigning for Kiriko as the next Rider. (Although sadly Rider boots is probably the closest we'll get in this series).

Yaiba, I think you're overthinking the Brain stuff. It's just supposed to be a funny situation, nothing more.

Kiriko's ideal man is Chase? Ooh la la!

I liked Chase dropping on Shinnosuke's car. Although I guess that does mean that Chase at least knows who the Kamen Rider is. Maybe Heart wants to remain ignorant so he can make a game of it?

And Drive Dead Heat is pretty cool. Got to love Tomari's "Hey, this looks kinda like Mach..." You know, for being the inferior brother, Drive sure gets a lot of power ups compared to Mach. Maybe Mach was the inferior one all along!
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

takenoko wrote:Kiriko's ideal man is Chase? Ooh la la!
Well he was pretty cute when he smiled!
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Of course Kiriko's ideal man is chase. He did save her after all.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I kind of felt for Rinna. As someone who's also old and alone, I get the feeling that goes around when it approaches Valentine's Day.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Agreed in full on this episode having ADHD. They just had too many things to deal with in too little time, and didn't have the sense to let it be a simpler episode.

Anyhow, can we please be done with Chase? I know it's the most exciting part of the show. But man, every episode he drops in and starts a fight. It's turning into MMPR putty fights: Drive has to first defeat or escape from Chase before getting to the MOTW. They're running out of reasons to fight and it's showing.
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

Hey cool, Kiriko's been upgraded from a Rinko-level sidekick, to a Gotou-level sidekick.

Kiriko & Chaser, sittin' in a tree!
K-I-S-S-I-N-G!
First comes love, then comes marriage!
Then comes nothing because Chaser is a robot...*cough*

Dead Heat is an incredibly lazy design. It's just a mix-match of Mach's undersuit, with Drive's Torso & a new head. It looks like something you'd expect out of a Hyper Battle Video, in fact I think most of the HBV suits actually take more effort.

They mentioned "the Dead Zone" a couple times this episode, & once or twice in previous eps as well. But I don't think anyone's actually explained what that is. It was especially weird when Shinnosuke says "...Dead Heat was designed to go into the Dead Zone", as if the audience knows exactly what he's talking about. I don't know, was I just not paying attention? Because I'm pretty sure I'd remember an important detail like this.

Y'know, I don't really think the writers know where this show is going. Aside from the Chaser stuff, there really isn't any over-arching plot. In terms of 'team goals', the hero teams goal is just "stop the MotW", while the villains goal is "stop the heroes from stopping the MotW". They introduced a new villain but she doesn't shake up the dynamic other than to make Brain act like a spaz. And they introduced a new Rider, who, for all his posing a 'showy'-ness, is pretty bland & doesn't seem to have a strong motivation or backstory to him. They may have gotten the W writing team back together, but Drive is certainly lacking the W 'magic'.
Of course, I could be proven completely wrong next episode (& if I am I'll shove a sock in it), but right now I'm not so sure.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

Kamen Rider Ookalf wrote:Y'know, I'm no expert on gun safety or whatever, but I'm pretty sure it's super unsafe for Shinnosuke and Go to be standing right next to the target like that while Kiriko's firing. Like, one wrong move on her part, and the show would've been down two heroes!
Mad Doctor is always available :P
DevGryphon
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: SKYRIM!!
Quote: Define normal...
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by DevGryphon »

xiiliea wrote:
Kamen Rider Ookalf wrote:Y'know, I'm no expert on gun safety or whatever, but I'm pretty sure it's super unsafe for Shinnosuke and Go to be standing right next to the target like that while Kiriko's firing. Like, one wrong move on her part, and the show would've been down two heroes!
Mad Doctor is always available :P
I think I'd rather be shot...
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, may you cheat death; if you steal, may you steal a woman's heart; if you fight, may you fight for a brother; if you drink, may you drink with me.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

I think I liked this episode. That's pretty cool if Kiriko doing some actions (or kicks) with her boots.

Also I like the fighting scene with Type Deat Heat.
HarryFA1 wrote:Kiriko & Chaser, sittin' in a tree!
K-I-S-S-I-N-G!
First comes love, then comes marriage!
Then comes nothing because Chaser is a robot...*cough*
That's what I call "Kiriko *heart* Chase". Ooooh la la!
I wonder why Kiriko wants Chase so much after he saved her.

Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

HarryFA1 wrote:They may have gotten the W writing team back together, but Drive is certainly lacking the W 'magic'.
Most of the team, actually - Riku Sanjo and Keiichi Hasegawa worked on W.
While Producer Ohmori didn't; rather, he worked with Sanjo on Kyoryuger. Producer Hideaki Tsukada was W and Fourze's producer.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I dunno, I it's a cop show so it works having it be a case by case episodic structure. A lack of overarching plot isn't always the worse thing in the world as long as the weekly stories are entertaining.

Didn't they describe Dead Heat the last time Heart used it on them?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

All they ever said was entering the Dead Zone can be dangerous. They left what it is specifically vague. I have a feeling it'll show up as a plot point later.
chcoman123
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
My boom: Vidya Gams
Quote: Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero! - Kamen Rider Double

Post by chcoman123 »

HarryFA1 wrote:Y'know, I don't really think the writers know where this show is going. Aside from the Chaser stuff, there really isn't any over-arching plot. In terms of 'team goals', the hero teams goal is just "stop the MotW", while the villains goal is "stop the heroes from stopping the MotW". They introduced a new villain but she doesn't shake up the dynamic other than to make Brain act like a spaz. And they introduced a new Rider, who, for all his posing a 'showy'-ness, is pretty bland & doesn't seem to have a strong motivation or backstory to him. They may have gotten the W writing team back together, but Drive is certainly lacking the W 'magic'.
Couldn't agree more. W is my favorite series (mainly due to it being my first) and while it has the same team, it's certainly lacking. The mysteries are lame, and the story is not going ANYWHERE, with predictable plot twists. I wish that this could reach the same quality as W, but it doesn't seem to be that way right now.

Also, was I the only one who noticed the incredibly poor editing and pacing in this episode? I forgot about characters after they introduced them, and scenes who next to no transition to the next scene. It got to the point it which I got confused of what was actually happening in the episode. Then again, this goes hand-in-hand with what Yaiba was saying; that this episode is kinda schizophrenic. Overall just a bleh episode.

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”