KR Drive 20 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

KR Drive 20 released

Post by Yaiba »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Drive_20

This episode is good.

The pacing is good and the story is good. This is one of my favorite episode other than Type Wild's introduction.

I can totally feel Shinnosuke's rage at the end. I can relate to Kyuu/072, the okaru in them make me smile. Complaining about voice actors choices and getting hype about limited edition goods. "I'm dying! But please let me watch the new episode first!" LOL

The humor is also good, with the two Kyuu-chan having the same reaction and such.

Things are finally moving forward in the enemy camp, they have totally stood still since Medic's introduction. Medic is finally going to do something other than sticking to Heart, and it seems something is going to happen in Chase's subplot as well.

I like Shinnosuke's parallel comparison of 072 being the same as Chase, and that Medic is not the same as Chase.

Why is everyone looking for Drive? Last time it's Brain and this time it's 072. I'm starting to think that only Heart and Chase know who Drive is. Don't the Roidmude share information among themselves?

Random observation:
Both Go and Heart's hair are a mess. Either they forgot to comb their hair in the morning or it's a very windy day
For some reason I found Chase playing with his gun on shore kind of funny
Is that CarRanger's pose Drive did on the roof?
The new Grim Reapers look cool. Too bad they only last one episode
Kiriko, you should watch more anime. It's good for your health.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Drive 20 released

Post by VerusMaya II »

Yaiba wrote:Both Go and Heart's hair are a mess. Either they forgot to comb their hair in the morning or it's a very windy day
Honestly, it looked like poor straightening! My hair can look like that if I burn it with my straightener. But who knows.

And yeah Drive did Carranger's pose. That was really cute. Shinnosuke is an otaku after all, just for toku not anime.

Super excited for more in the Chase story. Shinnosuke and Kiriko have grown on me very much since the start but I loved Chase from ep 1.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Their hair problems are probably due to the humidity since it has been a very cold winter this year.

It was fun seeing "otaku" at the book signing.

Trying to use the transparent "I have a twin" excuse was funny.

Medic's new goal for Grim Reaper has a lot of potential since it conflicts with Chase's new programming.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

The Kyuu and 072 bits were funny. Too bad the otaku representative is so two dimensional though.

Man, Medic's taking action in a big bad way. It's a bit surprising that Heart is allowing her to kill the Cores, given how against it he was before.

The only part of the episode that felt a bit weak was Tomari's rage. I just didn't believe it, and the montage of happy moments with him felt like it came out of nowhere.

I liked the comparison of the Grim Reapers, who take human's souls to the after life, with the Devil.
Kilowog
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: That's a secret :-P
Favorite Actor?: too many
Favorite Band: too many
My boom: OOO
Quote: "Life goes on. If you make struggle with your seriousness you will not feel an uneasiness."

Post by Kilowog »

(Normally I don't use "net jargon" but.....)

The Feels!

No, seriously, this episode was balanced in the way of emotion. One hand you have Kyu and 072 develop something in common with each other, the next 072 gets destroyed by Medic only to have Tomari get angry over it. It left me bummed when that happened.

On the other hand, the humor outweighed that, at least to me. Kyu/072's reaction to the plate being thrown and Shunoske's Carranger pose cracked me up the most.

Yea, bad hair day in the J-Perm department on this episode lol XD

Medic's form? A scary cross between something from Hellraiser and one of those Freakshow style movies. And I thought Heart's was menacing!
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

VerusMaya II wrote:
Yaiba wrote:Both Go and Heart's hair are a mess. Either they forgot to comb their hair in the morning or it's a very windy day
Honestly, it looked like poor straightening! My hair can look like that if I burn it with my straightener. But who knows.

And yeah Drive did Carranger's pose. That was really cute. Shinnosuke is an otaku after all, just for toku not anime.

Super excited for more in the Chase story. Shinnosuke and Kiriko have grown on me very much since the start but I loved Chase from ep 1.
Toku otaku? Surely Shinnosuke is just a car otaku. Sentai and Rider are the same universe nowadays. It would make sense that Carranger would be his favourite Sentai team though.
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

This episode was definately the best one in a while. I had a huge grin on my face almost the whole way through!

I liked how Kiriko & Shinnosuke weren't putting up with Go's BS in the beginning. Shinnosuke looked like he was gonna punch him in the face, which I approve.

What's with Shinnosuke at 2:43? He's talking like normal then all of a sudden he looks like he's about to wet himself. A cut gag from the episode I guess?

Seriously Brain, you need get to get better at the whole 'hiding' thing, this is just pathetic.

So I get why 072 abducted the VO, but why'd he have to go & blow-up the jumbotron?! C'mon man!

Yay! Medic finally got to do something! She was pretty damn menacing too, & that monster form looks twisted.

Does anyone think that Kyuu should get fired? I mean, he was harbouring a Roidmude for 6 months, technically wasn't showing up to work half the time & at the same time was potentially endangering his co-workers. Honestly I'm fine that he didn't, but it's just something I thought about.
Also, if he had a doppelganger this whole time then why was he absent in ep. 18? (behind-the-scenes reasons aside)

Hope this marks a change in quality for Drive, this episode was really good & I would very much like the rest of the show to be really good aswell.
MagusKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: The whole world is insane, we just have to be sane enough to accept it

Post by MagusKaiser »

man this was a good one I especially liked the double kyuu-chan response scene before the questioning, sure shinnosuke's rage seemed a bit forced but damn even if it was a little forced he was pissed, but damn that look on medic's face at the end just brought to mind the old saying of hell hath no fury of that a woman scorn really looking forward to the next episode especially with the teaser of type formula. also the whole firing kyuu-chan seems a bit much sure he harbored a roidmude for half a year but during that time he built up a friendship with it and showed it that living with humans is possible with that he shouldn't be fired hell he should probably be let into the inner circle
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

HarryFA1 wrote:What's with Shinnosuke at 2:43? He's talking like normal then all of a sudden he looks like he's about to wet himself. A cut gag from the episode I guess?
He's just being impatient waiting for belt-san
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Glad to see that the plotline of Roidmude living with human didn't happen with Chase only. Guess Riku Sanjou really can put any toku reference in here. Carranger huh? Weird choices. I always thought Turboranger would get referenced by Drive since they are both the first series that has a car-motif, or if we want to go the 'latest' route, Go-Onger.

Hey Rinna, that's not how you detect an impostor. That's how you detect a pain in a person's knee. Seems Otta is staying true to his last episode of being an old-fashioned policeman. Forcing a revelation by threatening a person with a shotgun seems to be over the top, but it only works if the Roidmude have any concern for Kyuu's well-being, which is a bit risky since you don't know that. And for the boss, I don't think leaving work for a few episodes will makes you 'the best boss' or whatever.

Fight scene is great though. Totally can sense Shinnosuke's anger, and Medic finally being called a bitch/demon. But 3 Roidmude being destroyed in this episode though, wonder how many are left?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

We do have a list of the Roidmude on the wiki. There are 78 of them left (includes commanders).

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Roidmude

Kyuu only had 072 for 3 months since 072 appeared at the start of the new year.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

A one off episode? Interesting. I figured we'd be doing the 2 episode arcs until the very end.

Anyhow, I'd love to know what the heck the writers are going for with Brain and Medic right now. The former has suddenly lost his edge, and the latter is being built up as some kind of major badass after having done virtually nothing of value since her introduction a few months ago.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The best part is when Shinnosuke otakus out to the Roidmude.
chcoman123
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Vidya Gams
Quote: Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero! - Kamen Rider Double

Post by chcoman123 »

FINALLY! A DECENT EPISODE! Admittedly I don't think I liked it as much as everyone else did, but it was MUCH better than some of the other episodes we've seen. Most of the comedy actually kinda worked this episode and most of it was funny (The opening bit with Tomari doing the carranger thing cracked me up). There's only really two issues I have with this episode. One is the entire flashback sequence with how the roidmude turned good. That was...pretty lame IMO. The other is how it's just a one-off episode. Unlike some of the other episodes that had no reason to be two-parters (COUGH COUGH RINNA EPISODE COUGH COUGH) This one could have benefited by building up the relationship with the 072 roidmude with the rest of the gang. I barely knew him, and when he died, I didn't feel sad or anything. But overall, it was pretty good. the acting was fairly good, and I love the comparisons made between 072 and Chase. Is that going to be this season's theme? The idea of what may seem evil isn't really? Because, the more I think about, that theme has showed up more than once, like last week's episode, or the episode with the roidmude who was protecting that famous actress (can't remember their names). I really hope that it continues with this, because I'm liking it so far.

Also, MEDIC LOOKS AWESOME.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

Medic seems like the most evil Roimude so far, which is interesting considering she's supposedly a healer. I like her monster design.

I wonder how much Heart would agree with her methods. I keep thinking that perhaps his talk of friends is nonsense and he really just wants the other Roimudes as canon fodder for his takeover of the world.

Brain really hasn't done much since Medic showed up.

I keep wondering what the villains' plan actually is. Sure, they want to kill all humans and take over the world, but how?

It's starting to seem to me like the writers don't really know what to do with Mach. It's like they were obligated to have a second rider, but didn't make a place for him in the plot.

I actually liked this episode. Partly because it was short and sweet and because it actually seemed to matter. (Though it was obvious that they'd kill off 072 - they almost never leave former bad guys alive.)

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”