KR Drive 23 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Drive 23 released

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Philip Aldraine wrote:I wonder which Number was destroyed in Chase's place?
I'm betting it was his special silver versions of the Viral Cores blowing up.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Digifiend wrote:I assume this weekend's Ninninger crossover is set before Drive 23? Otherwise Mach couldn't appear, and we know he does from trailers.
This episode appears to be aired out of order. Along with that potential plot hole you mentioned, the episode is specifically dated April 5th. That's 2 weeks later than it actually aired. KR/Sentai episodes are rarely dated like this, but when they are, they have been identical to their airing date as far as I can recall.

If I had to take a guess this is fallout from Ninninger being delayed by a week, requiring the Spring Break Special to be moved back a week to ensure it takes place after Ninninger 05. However that still doesn't fully make sense, because that would mean the SBS was originally meant for the 22nd (the day after SHTGP comes out), meaning Drive 23 should have been on the 29th. So I'm not sure where the extra week comes from. Which implies that this episode is actually 2 weeks ahead.
OOOKaiser wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:It's kind of nice to have Go taken down a few pegs though. I'm sick of him acting so smug all the time.
I'm pretty glad that the writers did that. I hate his character xD
As another member of the Mach haters club, I'm glad to see him taken down a peg as well. However consequently now that he has been taken down a peg, it does make me sympathetic to his situation. He's finally human and serious, and at the same time he's finally had something bad happen to him.
Yaiba wrote:Why is everyone sucking up to Heart? As leader he rarely does anything and doesn't get involved in any other Roidmude activities as well
The Roidmude commanders are still ineffective as a whole. I would really like to see them do something more to earn their feared badass status, because so far they've done very little other than talking.
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

Yaiba wrote:I totally forgot about the "Promised Number", it was only mentioned like twice at the beginning of the series.
If you think that's bad, we still barely have any idea what the Dead Zone is.

It's starting to get a little ridiculous the amount of times they have to justify members of the SCD not being there. I probably wouldn't even notice if they didn't say anything, like Koyomi in Wizard (though then again I didn't notice Koyomi even when she WAS around).

"Hey! The sign says 'Stop' asshole! Don't run away!"

Y'know it was okay when they were both using Dead Heat, but now that Shinnosuke's ditched it for Formula it feels just a bit weird for Go's power-up to be him dressed as Drive. Anyone else feel the same?

And so Go experiences the pain of being a secondary rider whose toy's aren't new anymore. His only hope now is that he gets another power-up, but I somehow doubt that'll happen. Have fun being a jobber Go!

For something that's supposed to be traveling close to the speed of sound, the missiles sure take a while to hit their target.

As excited as I am for the cross-over special next week, I kinda wished they didn't air it in the middle of a 2-parter.
bluegreen
Infinity

Post by bluegreen »

Catastrophe wrote:It's kind of nice to have Go taken down a few pegs though. I'm sick of him acting so smug all the time.
I always thought his smugness was overcompensating for insecurity. I don't mind Go's character as much as the actor. There is something about his voice that kind of grates on my ears, but I don't know what.
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

I loved Doraemon ever since I was a little kid, reading his comics. I tried to watch the US-dubbed anime but just couldn't get past the bad voices.

And it's cool that the music video was "shooted" at Toei Studio. :D
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

I think you will need to make a version 2, for the names of the pit crew; Mantan is suppose to be Mantarn and Spanner is to be Sparner, since that was written on the tires that were attached on Drive Formula's forearms when he does a tire change, or a tire koukan.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas

Post by Alessar »

OOOKaiser wrote:honestly with this side plot of Go's driver being destroyed I don't really care about it. As a character, Go never made a good impression at all. When he first appeared I didn't like him and even as the episodes progress I still don't like him.
Every time Go says "Let's ... Henshin!" I think, "Let's ... not."
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

stardrago wrote:I think you will need to make a version 2, for the names of the pit crew; Mantan is suppose to be Mantarn and Spanner is to be Sparner, since that was written on the tires that were attached on Drive Formula's forearms when he does a tire change, or a tire koukan.
I was wondering about that, since the katakana was long. But I figured no one would notice so I didn't bring it up. Whoops!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

takenoko wrote:
stardrago wrote:I think you will need to make a version 2, for the names of the pit crew; Mantan is suppose to be Mantarn and Spanner is to be Sparner, since that was written on the tires that were attached on Drive Formula's forearms when he does a tire change, or a tire koukan.
I was wondering about that, since the katakana was long. But I figured no one would notice so I didn't bring it up. Whoops!
What a retarded naming system. Who came up with that? I dunno, we might just ignore the official spelling on this one because it's clearly pronounced the same as the English.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Yaiba wrote: So for as long as I remembered, it's the first time a secondary rider got jealous of the main rider, and wonder why the main always get to deal the finishing blow and gets all the new toys. To top it off, his belt broke. This might lead to an interesting plotline.
To tell the truth, I was feeling that Go was becoming like Micchi.

Lunagel wrote: What a retarded naming system. Who came up with that? I dunno, we might just ignore the official spelling on this one because it's clearly pronounced the same as the English.
I think the same people with Shinnosuke's naming sense probably. "Door Gun", "Handle Ken", "Trailer Cannon", I would have to side with Belt-san that he needs work on his naming sense.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I predict a power-up for Mach in the near future.

So next week we have to suffer through another KR/Sentai crossover/movie-tie-in. *sigh*

I really liked Mach at first, but they really didn't do anything with him. Ditto for Heart and Brain.

As soon as they showed the dart, the mystery was obvious. I though it was weird that they dragged it out for a bit longer.

Does Go still think Kiriko and Shinnosuke are dating?
Sentai_ZXR7
Infinity
Quote: Ready for the Next Challenge

Post by Sentai_ZXR7 »

The series is getting interesting, Mach is out of service apparently....
Chase is in a secret location, treated by Kiriko using Mad Doctor Shift Car.....
Could this spell the rise of another Kamen Rider?
Gaim had several riders, Drive should not be an exemption, even tought the show does not have a clear direction where it should go.
As a series is entertaining sometimes, at other times it has some stupid plots.
Other members have watched more Kamen Rider series than me, I respect their individual tates.
Kamen Rider has been referenced several times, said to be one iconic franchise created in 1973.
The other iconic franchise is Ultraman that will turn 50 years next year.
However the current Kamen Rider series looks childlish, it does not take a serious approach without compromise.
The producers should know well this, if they want a commercial side then the toys and related merchandise should be made relevant without being targeted to litle tikes only, they could enlist the help of a soft drink company to catapult the series to a next nevel.
Let's see how the series goes
Last edited by Sentai_ZXR7 on Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

AxemYellow wrote:I really liked Mach at first, but they really didn't do anything with him. Ditto for Heart and Brain.
The writers haven't focused a whole lot on the side characters that much. We've been seeing Drive and Chase more though. It's to be expected since Drive has a tough act to follow after Gaim (gaim was amazing).
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas

Post by Alessar »

Lunagel wrote:I dunno, we might just ignore the official spelling on this one because it's clearly pronounced the same as the English.
I think you guys should ignore it. It seems to me it's just sloppiness on their part. It wouldn't be the first time. I remember when the classic anime Utena first came out I read an ad for it in NewType that gave the official non-Japanese name as Le Petite Fillet au Revolutionaire. Fillet .. as in steak, not fille as in girl in French. That got changed.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Alessar wrote:
Lunagel wrote:I dunno, we might just ignore the official spelling on this one because it's clearly pronounced the same as the English.
I think you guys should ignore it. It seems to me it's just sloppiness on their part. It wouldn't be the first time. I remember when the classic anime Utena first came out I read an ad for it in NewType that gave the official non-Japanese name as Le Petite Fillet au Revolutionaire. Fillet .. as in steak, not fille as in girl in French. That got changed.
Lol, I'm just imagining an Utena-shaped steak now

The more I think about it, the more I'm against using the official English on this one because they've been so good about spelling the words correctly up to this point and this seems like an intern's accident.

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”