Shuriken Sentai Ninninger VS Kamen Rider Drive released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: Shuriken Sentai Ninninger VS Kamen Rider Drive released

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:https://www.dropbox.com/s/126ao8qsvb2f1 ... e.avi?dl=0

That's our work raw. Is it in sync there at least?
Nope. Out of sync there as well. 55 minutes in with Sangou it's very apparent. Being in a foreign language it's hard to keep up at times, so I'm not sure if this a constant sync issue or if it's getting progressively worse. Looking at Shinouske interrogating Takaharu (~8:45 on the raw), it doesn't seem apparent there? But that may just be my eyes deceiving me.

A 250ms sync change does seem to acceptably fix things towards the end at least.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

I am having so much trouble getting into Ninninger that it's depressing. Again, for the third week in a row, I looked at the clock overlay and thought, "How much longer?" That didn't happen during the Drive half so, sadly, it's the Ninninger part that seemed to drag.

During Toqger, I checked the site daily to see if the new show had been released, but I constantly forget to check with this series. I really hope things turn around at some point, maybe the anniversary special next week will pull me in!
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote:A 250ms sync change does seem to acceptably fix things towards the end at least.
So I'm going to try adding about 6 frames of audio to the cut at frame 59504. V2 coming!

Edit: So I shifted the audio and muxed them with the old videos. The video and audio looks like it syncs now, but now the subs are off. So I shifted the script, but that means I'll have to do a full new encode for all three video types. Wah wah.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:So I shifted the script, but that means I'll have to do a full new encode for all three video types. Wah wah.
Thanks Take. 8)
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Yea, I realize others already said this, but this match up/crossover just an't working for me... Doesn't seem to be working for the show either, look they're trying to erase them from the special, mid episode.

I like how people at saying that the police chief and mister belt are acting out of character, and no one commenting at Takaharu's own family actively ditching him when he was arrested. I mean man, even if he's a hot headed jerk that seems cold, for his actual family.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Kogashi wrote:I like how people at saying that the police chief and mister belt are acting out of character, and no one commenting at Takaharu's own family actively ditching him when he was arrested. I mean man, even if he's a hot headed jerk that seems cold, for his actual family.
Well he's a highly accomplished ninja. He can (and does) leave at any time he pleases. Arresting any of the Ninningers is little more than a cute distraction for them.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I know the whole giant robot gag have been used two years in a row now. I actually wouldn't mind if that is the capstone joke of every special like this.

I just wished there was more of a reason to have Drive and Ninninger to be in the same world.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I would wish Toei would stop with the annual teamups especially this one. This teamup's only purpose is to promote the annual mostly KR with some Sentai teamup movie and fails at that. It's obviously a prequel to it but yet it aired 8 days after the movie is out in theaters. It doesn't make sense to air after the movie comes out.

I don't get why Toei doesn't update the very old costumes. They managed to make Sangou to be retro but modern at the same time. They could do it for the other suits as well.
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

^It was originally supposed to air a week earlier, but got postponed along with the previous five Ninninger episodes when Toqger 46 was pre-empted. Basically, Toei got screwed by real world events. If only they hadn't done the UFOmaru retgone thing, they would've been OK, but UFOmaru's inclusion meant it obviously couldn't air before Ninninger 5 which introduced it. So this is just bad luck, it's not Toei's fault. The only way to prevent it happening again would be to film the toku shows only a week or two ahead of broadcast, instead of two months ahead.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Phoenix512 wrote:I would wish Toei would stop with the annual teamups especially this one. This teamup's only purpose is to promote the annual mostly KR with some Sentai teamup movie and fails at that. It's obviously a prequel to it but yet it aired 8 days after the movie is out in theaters. It doesn't make sense to air after the movie comes out.
I would be happy as a pig in mud if they just discontinued the movie, threw out the nostalgia, and otherwise kept the team-up. I like the concept. I like the fact that it's not overproduced Toei movie.
Dragg
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Gym!

Post by Dragg »

Woah~ Drive works for the police force.

Congratulations Kasumi, you just figured out something that has been troubling the police itself for more than 20 episodes now, in just a few seconds.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I agree with a lot of criticisms people here have with this special. Worst of all. though, is that I actually found it boring.
It did have some fun bits of course, but mostly as a prologue to the movie.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Phoenix512 wrote:I would wish Toei would stop with the annual teamups especially this one. This teamup's only purpose is to promote the annual mostly KR with some Sentai teamup movie and fails at that.
Blame Naomi Takebe; if you follow the trend, it seems to have popped up mostly in recent shows that she head-produced:
(Go-busters w/Gavan, Gaim w/Toqger, and now this with her ninjas).
Digifiend wrote:So this is just bad luck, it's not Toei's fault. The only way to prevent it happening again would be to film the toku shows only a week or two ahead of broadcast, instead of two months ahead.
I sort of had a response to this, but I deleted it out of not wording it right.
You said yourself that Toei films ahead so, there's no way that I can think of that the writing staffs wouldn't have known about it. So therefore, it boils down to a writing problem; either Ninninjer's Kento Shimoyama introduced UFOmaru too early or Riku Sanjo (Drive's Head writer, this special) didn't coordinate well enough for things to work.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

I really don't like any of the crossover movies or specials like this. I understand that they need to make money but still they should calm down on those movies. I really hate those producers and Toei.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:You said yourself that Toei films ahead so, there's no way that I can think of that the writing staffs wouldn't have known about it. So therefore, it boils down to a writing problem; either Ninninjer's Kento Shimoyama introduced UFOmaru too early or Riku Sanjo (Drive's Head writer, this special) didn't coordinate well enough for things to work.
Perhaps I'm misinterpreting you, but how is Toei's writing staff supposed to know about the execution of a Japanese national by ISIS before it happens?

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”