Shuriken Sentai Ninninger VS Kamen Rider Drive released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Shuriken Sentai Ninninger VS Kamen Rider Drive released

Post by Lunagel »

They tend to film episodes about 2 months in advance, and with the preemption happening on February 15, that's only 5 weeks before airing, meaning they probably already had the episode filming wrapped at that time. In this case I think it was just impossible to work around.

Also it explains why we got a special in the middle of a two-parter. Again.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Also it explains why we got a special in the middle of a two-parter. Again.
Again? When did this happen before? As best as I can recall this is the first time this has happened.
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

One line that had me smiling is gramps saying "A pinch is a chance." Didn't KR Lion always say that?

As for the crossovers.... well, it was fun when KR Decade entered SS Shinkenger. Then, we SS Gokaiger. Now, we have forced teamup. Thank goodness these crossovers are rarely referenced in the normal series.
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote:
Lunagel wrote: Also it explains why we got a special in the middle of a two-parter. Again.
Again? When did this happen before? As best as I can recall this is the first time this has happened.
Didn't it happen during Gaim? I could just be going senile.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote:Didn't it happen during Gaim? I could just be going senile.
I'm afraid you might be going senile then. Last year's spring break special aired on schedule as far as anyone can tell. It came out the day after the movie, right before the start of Gaim's Overlord Arc, while ToQ wasn't on an arc at the time.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Maybe I'm thinking of a previous year's special then. Ehh, whatever. In any case, there was no way to prevent the episodes from being aired out of order this year after the preemption.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I'm not sure they really care much about continuity in specials like this. But couldn't they simply have taken a week off from Drive to fix this issue? Though there is probably not much they could do to synch with the movie release at this point.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

AxemYellow wrote:I'm not sure they really care much about continuity in specials like this. But couldn't they simply have taken a week off from Drive to fix this issue? Though there is probably not much they could do to synch with the movie release at this point.
I really don't think they could have. KR and SS are pretty firmly in their time slots and they don't just cancel them willy-nilly.
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

TorchWood wrote:One line that had me smiling is gramps saying "A pinch is a chance." Didn't KR Lion always say that?
His name was Kamen Rider Beast, not Lion, but yes, that was one of his catchphrases.
Dragg wrote:Woah~ Drive works for the police force.

Congratulations Kasumi, you just figured out something that has been troubling the police itself for more than 20 episodes now, in just a few seconds.
She figured that out because she saw Kiriko in uniform. Kiriko is the reason they've never found out. If she wasn't there, another member of the Special Cases Unit would need to be with Shinnosuke instead, and he wouldn't be able to henshin without letting the cat out of the bag. When she is absent, something conveniently happens to whoever is with him instead (like Gen fainting).
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Barim »

Didn't some of the crossover/alternate Gaim episodes state they took place before episode so and so? What would have kept them from adding it in as text or voiceover here?
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

I actually really liked this special, more so than the Gaim/Toqger one. The dimensional-Shocker-shit was kind of off putting, but it's to be expected at this point with Toei's crossover movies and at least it carries over into SHT GP. Takaharu was actually not annoying and came across as a good leader this time around, which really surprises me. I willing to say Belt-san and Chief being a tinsy bit out of character was put to good effect in creating some great tension being Krim and Shinnosuke, which I enjoyed. Doctor D was a fun MOTW, but I wish Heart's gang did a little more than chitchat. Also The other Ninninger should have interacted more with Kiriko and Gou, but the team up fights were cool. Fun moment abound in this one and overall I wish to see more of these specials later on!
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
neonblue2
Gabu
Favorite series: A lot
My boom: Kitties!

Post by neonblue2 »

Lunagel wrote:Didn't it happen during Gaim? I could just be going senile.
Nope, you're not senile. This did happen with the last special but it affected Kaito's Overlord subplot and not Kouta's Kachidoki Arms introduction.

Gaim spoilers (in wall-o-text form)
Spoiler
Kouta finished destroying the Yggdrasill Tower weapon and Kaito was halfway through getting steamrolled by the red Overlord. Then the special followed the next week (Kaito was fine, no Overlords in sight). The episode after the special put Kaito back where he was two weeks prior.

It's not the only continuity issue with Gaim. Pretty much all the movies and their tie-ins have problems.
  • Spoiler
    Takatora got his Genesis Driver at the end of the Gaim/Wizard movie but doesn't use it until episode 14. The problem here is that he gets it while Hase is still human but the first time we see him use it is after Hase has become an Invess.
  • Spoiler
    It's either in the special or Kamen Rider Taisen but Micchi calls Zangetsu his brother with Kouta and Kaito right there. They may not have heard but still.
  • Spoiler
    Similarly, there's another scene where Micchi and Takatora transform out in the open.
  • Spoiler
    After Kouta destroys the Yggdrasill Tower weapon it stops spinning for the rest of the series. But it's still spinning in Kamen Rider Taisen, which can't take place before Kouta gets the Kachidoki lockseed because he uses it in both the special and the movie.
  • Spoiler
    Episode 37 and the soccer movie have massive issues. First, Kaito seems to both enter and leave the alternate world before Kouta even gets there. Second, we see Kougane transform for the first time in the movie (his Rider Indicator appears when he equips the Driver) but he appears transformed in the episode. Third, Kouta enters the alternate world after fighting Invess somewhere completely different to where he was in episodes 36, 37 and 38. The only explanation I can think of is that Lapis kidnapped the riders from different points in time and that Kougane, for some reason, decided to return to the real world between brainwashing Kouta and being found by Mai. It's silly.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

ViRGE wrote:
Go-On Macaroni wrote:You said yourself that Toei films ahead so, there's no way that I can think of that the writing staffs wouldn't have known about it. So therefore, it boils down to a writing problem; either Ninninjer's Kento Shimoyama introduced UFOmaru too early or Riku Sanjo (Drive's Head writer, this special) didn't coordinate well enough for things to work.
Perhaps I'm misinterpreting you, but how is Toei's writing staff supposed to know about the execution of a Japanese national by ISIS before it happens?
They wouldn't, but I'm sure Toei'd know about ~sudden last-minute changes~.
I mean, Yellow 4 in Bioman had to have a whole episode written up last-minute because the first actress left (and then an episode done to get a new member); similar deal with Hana in Den-O, Yuriko Shiratori quit so they had to quickly introduce Kohana and stuff.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: They wouldn't, but I'm sure Toei'd know about ~sudden last-minute changes~.
I mean, Yellow 4 in Bioman had to have a whole episode written up last-minute because the first actress left (and then an episode done to get a new member); similar deal with Hana in Den-O, Yuriko Shiratori quit so they had to quickly introduce Kohana and stuff.
In both of those cases, you can rewrite the next episode. It doesn't affect the production pipeline since the disruptive event occurs before filming. There's basically nothing you can do if your schedule is disrupted after filming.
dekared
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Mei (Pteraranger)
Favorite Actor?: Al Pacino
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Candy Toys
Quote: It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by dekared »

i can't seem to find this in the torrents, any ideas where it is?

edit: never mind, i found it, couldn't see the forest for the trees, lol
WHERE'S THE SOAP?!

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”