KR Drive 25 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Drive 25 released

Post by VerusMaya II »

Nah I just think that's him playing into his role. He's the kind of guy I expect to be 200% facetious up until Shit Gets Real and suddenly he's hyper-competent.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
TsubasaGaro
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: 翼 を はばたけ
牙 を むき出し
俺は 挑戦者 だ

Post by TsubasaGaro »

OOOKaiser wrote:
Phoenix512 wrote:I don't think there could be another Drive Driver since what makes the Driver unique is Krim's essence. Building another Mach Driver is easy since there's no AI in it.
You don't have to put an AI in it. It can just be am empty driver hence the name Proto-Drive.
The thing is, the AI is needed to handle some internal functions. When Mach debuted, they said that there is a built-in AI handling the things Krim usually does for the Drive Driver. Rinna either got the source code from Harley to build the new Driver or Chase himself will be the AI.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Yaiba wrote:I don't quite understand the reasoning in this episode. Isn't it that Shinnosuke wants to go public about Drive's identity? Why is he trying to make it a secret again with Gen-san and Kyuu-chan at the end. And I don't understand why Shinnosuke is upset that the media knows about it? And why is everyone surprised? He transformed in front of a whole bunch of people in front of the hospital. The whole world will knows about it even if the chief didn't leak it to the media.
I think that Shinnosuke wanted Drive to be known so the police would stop interfering with the special unit, then he pushed for the public transformation because he needed to save so many people. I think he was, after that, trying to play along with Krim's preference having established that "riders are real." However, leaking his personal identity is another topic all together. Basically he was trying to get people to admit "spider man is real" not "spider man is real AND he's Peter Parker." There weren't cameras there, while the police might ID him, the general populace wouldn't know who he was for certain.

Celebrity can be a very damaging thing. What if groupies start camping out by the police station or his apartment and become targets of Roidmudes? It doesn't take much to get caught up in hysteria. Did you guys hear about the Buzzfeed editor whose iphone got stolen, and then when it was resold in China the new owner's photos showed up in his iCloud; he was able to post photos of the new owner to twitter? Weibo went bonkers and tracked the dude down for him, eventually he went to China to meet the guy and it was a complete and total press junket with their faces on cars, press conferences, endorsements, tours, and the works. Over finding a stolen Iphone over Twitter and Weibo. Compare that to say, a real life super hero, on the heels of a worldwide monster attack 1 year ago?

I think Kiriko should get more of a rider presence. I remember in one of the early episodes she says something like, "I would be Kamen Rider Drive if I could, but I can't so you're stuck with it." We don't know the hand-wave excuse for compatibility but it's super suspicious that her brother is able to use the Mach system and Kiriko herself can use chaser's gun. I mean think about that, she put Mad Doctor in his gun and dosed him with the resulting zap. Maybe it's not that she doesn't have KR potential but that she's not compatible with Krim??
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Such a good episode, but this weeks in going to be EVEN BETTER!!! CHASE FINALLY BECOMES A KAMEN RIDER!!! *flips a table in a happy rage fit* ...if you guys couldn't tell, I'm kinda having a nerdgasm here xD.
TankCoyote
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Joe
Favorite Actor?: Gai
Favorite Band: Yes
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: my GF
Quote: GOKAICHANGE! GoooookaiSiiiilver!

Post by TankCoyote »

takenoko wrote:Random thought, why doesn't Drive have a patrol car form? That would have looked cool.

Snipped most of this since you weren't responding to the whole thing
I thought Wild was the patrol car. It's black and white and has the light bar.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Huh, maybe you're right. But if that's the case, that motif completely went over my head. I like the way Type Wild looks, but its naming and motif definitely don't feel policey. Plus he has a Shift Car called Justice Hunter that's an obvious patrol car that he doesn't use for the transformation.
TankCoyote
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Joe
Favorite Actor?: Gai
Favorite Band: Yes
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: my GF
Quote: GOKAICHANGE! GoooookaiSiiiilver!

Post by TankCoyote »

then Wild must be the off-roading police SUV with floodlighting
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

Yo, there were a few typos at 13:43 and 17:20. If these were already addressed before, just ignore this post.

This was a fantastic episode! I love how the plot's accelerating forward with these new developments, and the new dynamic with Chief Nira, and Shinnosuke's idenity being exposed.
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

13:43 Sometimes there're Roidmude that are not despicable.

What's wrong with this one?

I can fix the script for the 17:20 one though. Not surprised people missed that one. Thanks!
xPrimexTimex
Infinity

Post by xPrimexTimex »

takenoko wrote:13:43 Sometimes there're Roidmude that are not despicable.

I can fix the script for the 17:20 one though. Not surprised people missed that one. Thanks!
I imagine the issue is with "there're". While not incorrect grammatically, it does look like a mistake. You almost never see/hear there're and it's actually a little tricky to say. I'd assume it was read initially by OP as "Sometimes there Roidmude that are not despicable." That's what I think is the case. XD
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

xPrimexTimex wrote:
takenoko wrote:13:43 Sometimes there're Roidmude that are not despicable.

I imagine the issue is with "there're". While not incorrect grammatically, it does look like a mistake. You almost never see/hear there're and it's actually a little tricky to say. I'd assume it was read initially by OP as "Sometimes there Roidmude that are not despicable." That's what I think is the case. XD
Yeah that was my initial impression too. It's not technically wrong, just weird to read over during dialogue. Sort of like when you encounter two "had"s in a row as you read out loud; it's a bit disorientating. Sorry if I was being a little hasty, Takenoko.
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

It's just one of those things where the correct form looks incorrect. We've always done it like that though, so probably not going to change it
Galada
Go Go!

Post by Galada »

Wait a second. How did Chase know that they needed a sample of a improved Roidmude?
Roz JC
Infinity
Favorite series: KR Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Quote: State of Spiritual Nothingness Makes Even Fire Itself Cool

Post by Roz JC »

Galada wrote:Wait a second. How did Chase know that they needed a sample of a improved Roidmude?
I could be wrong....but I think this is how he knew...

Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Can someone tell me which Kamen Riders were speedsters? I remember there was at least two series which were focused on speed as their main focus before drive but can't remember which riders they were.

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”