KR Drive 27 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Drive 27 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Drive_27

I don't think I need to see anymore of this episode.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR Drive 27 released

Post by Lunagel »

Seeing as we're over halfway in now, you'd think the villains' intentions would be more clear or at least vaguely stated. Right now all I know is they want to evolve so they can...? I don't know, take over the world? Have more friends. It's all so confusing and complex that I really can't empathize with any of the characters because I don't know what's going on in the story.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Finishing the episode, maybe Rinna should end up with Genpachi. He's an available bachelor and you could probably do with worse. I kind of genuinely like the guy now.

It's weird that they talk about Go being the son of the creator of the Roidmude instead of it being Go and Kiriko.

Okay, will Go finally explain why he has no time, or continue to act like a petulant man-child as he has been up till now?
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Okay, question number 1 answered: Why does Go hate Roidmude? And surprisingly it is a valid reason. Before this I actually thought a toy robot hit him in the face when he was a kid or something. Had this been explained earlier I might be sympathetic of him, but now that his annoying attitude is already firmly established I don't think anything can change my feeling towards him.

So the next question is why is he out of time? And why Kiriko never mentioned anything about this? Are they not actually blood related?

Let's guess who's Seeker Roidmude. I think it's the lady and not his brother.
Gottis
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: UM SNAKE DAD
Favorite Actor?: Inukai Atsuhiro
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Making music videos!
Quote: We're the Heroes of Our Time

Post by Gottis »

Maybe they're half siblings? That's a theory...
Finished: All Heisei
Watching: Zi-O
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

^I agree, different Dads, same Mum, and Shijima was the Mum's surname (she probably never married Go's Dad, if this theory proves true).
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I highly doubt the two-parent idea, Japan's system doesn't really lend itself to single mothers that well, plus we've never, ever seen a single mother on a tokusatsu show before (iirc). It's more likely they came up with this plot twist recently and are just retroactively putting it in the show.
Kilowog
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: That's a secret :-P
Favorite Actor?: too many
Favorite Band: too many
My boom: OOO
Quote: "Life goes on. If you make struggle with your seriousness you will not feel an uneasiness."

Post by Kilowog »

This episode was somewhat all over the place both good and bad I think.

Bad for the fact that it makes things rather confusing.

Good for the fact that it's also an opportunity to put in more things into the plot, such as more questions and mysteries.

What strikes me as curious is the fact that Go, who hate's the Roimudes, is always attacking Chase exclusively. I really think there's more going on behind that than anything else with Go, whom by the way, deserved a good slap in the face if you ask me. Hey man, listen to your sister instead of being such a brat.

Speaking of brats Mitsuhide needs to go! That insufferable personality of his and, ugh, his chuckling.....I don't think anyone would mind if I ran him over with a bus.

Personally I think the hover vehicles are a nice edition. It's kind of convenient in a way since we may have flying cars available to the public later in the next coming years or so.

Lastly and not the least, the interaction between Gen and Rinna were hilarious. I should make a list of all the times Gen got the Roimude's name wrong, lol XD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I agree with Luna. The simplest answer is probably best. Kiriko is probably just in the dark on their dad's shady work. Even though she's eldest, the dad probably was more open with his crazy mad scientist stuff with Go since he's a boy. It is still Japan.

I love Nira's villainy. He takes such delight in being an ass. It's an artform.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I think they put Nira in for a reason.

Shinkenger spoilers
Spoiler
Similar with Tanba, Kaoru's retainer in Shinkenger, who is also damn annoying. He was used to divert the audience's hatred from Kaoru, who as the first red female ranger in history, just bumped our hero Takeru from his throne to being nobody.

I think they might be trying to divert the hatred attention from Go to Nira, but I don't think it's working and it's just making things worse.

I agree that Nira's actor is so good at his job that he should be given an award.
zeldAIS
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: 音楽とか妖怪のテマ
2nd Favorite Series: スーパー戦隊シリーズ
Dreamy: 松岡茉優Queen
My boom: 漫画,音楽,ドラマ,映画
Quote: "The fan translations community must be helping & understanding each other."
"Quality fan translations take quality time."
Type: INFP Healer

Nounen Rena!

Post by zeldAIS »

A bit offtopic but I don't know where to react LOL - I love that the frontpage featured Nounen Rena XD;; Though I like her on a different reason than the Dragon Quest Commercials that was released :P She's a terrific actress since her breakthrough role in the NHK morning drama, Amachan. It's also a bit of a good thing that she's not typecasted like her role in that morning drama with the last role in the movie I watched and translated, Hot Road. (Unlike Fourze who's being typecasted LOL He always get to play almost same role like his breakthrough role in Amachan as the lead ikemen guy in shoujo-isc titles haha). Only thing I get unsure about Nounen is her being awkward when it's candid or she's a guest in variety shows :P Nevertheless, looking forward to her movie where she plays an otaku in Princess Jellyfish <3
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

So many questions and so few answers. When will heart actually do something? That character could be written out and the story probably wouldnt suffer. Gou is running out of time, but for what reason? WIll he die? What is the Roidmudes end goal? Heck if i know. This may be the first toku show that ive seen that is just a series of loosely connected events.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So when Drive and Roidmudes where exposed, why did they not do a 'These are the main enemies' briefing? Why the hell does Special Crimes not call out Brain for being a Roidmude? How can the officers restrain Drive when he should be super humanly strong? Why is Go such a little shit again? None of this shit makes sense and is actually getting on my nerves (I know, children's TV show).

Also the force captain or whatever he is is so stupid. How can he be taken seriously if he acts like an idiot all the time. It would be more believable if he was more serious. I hope he's a Roidmude so someone can beat that stupid grin off his face.

Chase is awesome though. I love how he isn't conflicted and turns up because Kirko asks him to. He shouldn't put up with Go's bullshit though.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Does anyone else besides me think that Gou needs to do this REALLY BADLY???
dryedmangoez
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by dryedmangoez »

I side more with Gou than Kiriko or Shinnosuke vs. Chase since, as we now learn, he has a reason to be angry at the Roidmude. He already hates them and now here's his sister and everyone else fawning over one.

On the flipside, Kiriko believed 100% in Chase from the beginning, even as he attacked them. Apparently, because she wants to get into his tight pants. And Shinnosuke began to believe in Chase, apparently because he'll do anything Kiriko says to get into her pants too.

Gou's sudden attitude shift was bad, but everything else has been so sloppily written that I sympathize with him more.

The show's still fun, but the story itself is all over the place.

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”