KR Drive 28 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Sentai_ZXR7
Infinity
Quote: Ready for the Next Challenge

Re: KR Drive 28 released

Post by Sentai_ZXR7 »

First there was dissappointment with Gou and now some of you want him to become a BADASS!
The series has an assortment of baddies of the week, but you are claiming for more blood....
Spoiler
Well Gou seems to be tuning to the Dark Side in Star Wars fashion, just imagine you hear the theme music and you get the idea

Gaim had a very focused theme, Drive is turning around and changing the gearbox to the next level, let's wait for the next episode how things come out and come back here to discuss our views.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Hey takenoko, I just downloaded the 720p versions this week and noticed the file sizes are off. The 720p encodes are coming in at ~317MB instead of 350MB.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I have no idea why the sizes were so weird this week. I don't think I used the wrong audio file, so I dunno?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

The audio looks correct. I think you just set the encoding bitrate lower.

https://www.diffchecker.com/xbtgxpaw
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, but it's weird that all three are lower. I can see forgetting one setting, but all three?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Yeah, but it's weird that all three are lower. I can see forgetting one setting, but all three?
There's only one bitrate setting going into the encoder (see the encoder settings field). The other two values are just a result of that.

Anyhow, no biggie, just letting you know.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I meant three as in the sd, hd, and hd720 versions. I guess it's possible to mess up all three though.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It was just the way they did that last scene.

Remember the first Roidmude had different hair to the person it mostly copied and they talked about how they could mix and match human properties.
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

Either Genpachi is still dreaming, but seems like he's really hooked with Rinna for good.
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

I would be more sympathetic to Gou if he also mentioned that in addition to Dr. Banno being his dad that unleashed the Roimudes, that their mom died in the crossfire along with Dr. Banno (and of course, Kiriko unaware).

But this reveal is dropped hard and out of nowhere. If it is such of an importance of information and such secretive information to keep away, then surely Gou can trust Tomari after a few times or Tomari can bring up the question why he insists on killing them off quickly as he can. Or better yet, this is all mute since at anytime these networked living digital manifested beings can share such information and thus pull such rage with Kiriko as well in front of 050 who is doing rage and retibution emotion experiments along with 001 who allowed it.

I wouldn't be surprised that 000 was one of the ones not created by Dr. Banno, but as a shared collegue information due to Krim granting rights of the Core Drivia, that he also was given rights to create his own Roimude, that being 000, who he enlisted to protect humanity due to his just rectification of the Roimudes going berserk. Even more evidence is how he is deeply programmed with his protect even Brain cannot break and Medic patched around it. But it maybe that 000 really did copy the true nature of the original Drive user that died in the process, and Heart allowed that.

Finally, there was no gravity surges through this and episode 27, meaning that what Tomari brought up that Roimudes maybe behind such bizarre cases maybe moot like the cameraman Kusaka and his Roimude and that gravity surges not at the official crime scene can be very well absent too. Brain should catch on to this by now, if not earlier (and laughing like an adult to a child on the inside) and more or less tried to instruct against outrageous behavior. This was clearly tied into why he insisted on Chase eliminating out of control Roimudes, in fear that they would be eliminated out of his hands, instead recollecting them for "reformation". Heart doesn't care one bit, just merely wanting them to awaken just like he does, but doesn't have the brains (heh) to figure this one out.

Brain finally shows his thinking side, but I feel that this is overshadowed by 001's thinking. Meaning 001 should actually be the true brains of the operation instead... This is a misstep on both characters, and the whole jealousy aspect that Brain went through that was just out of nowhere. This would be fitting if he wasn't "Brain" and the true "Brain" had mentioned the discovery of jealousy, but oh well...

Like Wizard, there is some good ideas, but unlike Wizard, Drive executed them a bit better in characters. The story finally picking up a bit while as with Wizard, the "drive" fizzled after Phoenix... Fortunately unlike OOOs, or for that matter Wizard, there isn't a constant fixation on either greed or dispair with bland to empty context.

You can say I dislike OOOs and Wizard. OOOs was in my opinion a snowball of an idea to a mess. "Hey we need something to do with three if we are continuing this train with what we done with Double! That would be funny! But we need to do something with the whole bad guy thing, greed? OK! Wait even better! Coins! Money is greed! But we can't call it that outright, and coins are too sm.... MEDALS! And they can still work with the whole vending machine idea! CANS! One sided characters everywhere!!!" And Wizard... Pin on the tail skirt suits... enough said.

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”