KR Drive 29 Released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

KR Drive 29 Released

Post by Lunagel »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Drive_29

Soooooo brainwashing works via iPad now? I had to rewatch that scene to make sure Go wasn't just being a douchemuffin (wouldn't be entirely out of character) and then realized it was just 001's mind powers. Can I just say it's still really weird between Brain and Heart considering they never really showed that Medic screwed up their relationship that bad. I mean, the first time I actually heard about it was when Brain was being all "why won't sempai notice me?!" Show, don't tell, writers.

Besides that, this was actually a pretty intriguing episode and really showed the depths of the influence 001 has, clearly setting him up to be the final boss. I wish we were seeing more from Heart and especially Medic though, it seems like they've really fallen off the radar. I don't think we've even seen Medic's kaijin form since it debuted, which sucks since it's one of the more interesting ones we've seen in a while.

Overall I think we've just got too many characters and they can't figure out what to do with all of them so a ton of them tend to go by the wayside.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Drive 29 Released

Post by takenoko »

I kind of dislike the monster's power. It's too much like magic to me.

I wish they had found a way to introduce the girl without having her coincidentally being at the same bank where the last teller was at.

It seems like Drive just takes place in Tokyo now. When was the last time we heard the term Kuruma? Have we even seen the outside of the Kuruma DMV since they started making it take place in Tokyo? It's just such a weird decision. It'd be like saying "Futo was Tokyo all along!" and then just running with that.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

I mean, they were saying stuff like "South Kuruma Branch" so I'm just going to operate under the assumption that this is Car Alternate Universe Tokyo.

Chase appears to lay down sick truths and drop the mic, really liking him despite his few appearances. Hope they're gonna go somewhere good with his whole family discovery thing.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

But they really did say Tokyo in recent episodes. It's weird.
Keytotruth
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by Keytotruth »

I agree with Takenoko. The power of this episode's monster was really unrealistic, sorta like magic. Although, I guess that you could say that the monster is a machine and a lock is sorta like a machine, too, so it kinda makes sense for the monster to be able to mess around with it.
In any case, I liked this episode, but I would have liked a bit more of action. Plus, I hope Go is getting a new transformation or something now that he goes "evil". Also, the magic episode 32 is getting near. We'll probably see a sneak peak to Drive's most powerful Shift Car.
Sentai_ZXR7
Infinity
Quote: Ready for the Next Challenge

Post by Sentai_ZXR7 »

EXTRA, EXTRA! By public demand Gou Shijima turned evil! more details in the news, now excuse us, we come back after the commercial break.
What else I can say?
Brain did not paid attention to his old friend Chase, he just rubbed his hands with glee.
waiting for the next episode.
Shipuujin
Infinity
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Shipuujin »

Was really surprised to see an actual mystery in this episode. There was the question of "who fired the gun?"
I'm going to speculate that it was Maruya that did it, either that or the girl.

The lock ability was very unique, but as said before, it did seem odd that he can just open any lock despite how faraway some of the objects were.

That said, this was a good episode.
TankCoyote
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Joe
Favorite Actor?: Gai
Favorite Band: Yes
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: my GF
Quote: GOKAICHANGE! GoooookaiSiiiilver!

Post by TankCoyote »

The most spoiling spoiler to ever spoil a spoiler!!

Spoiler
Chaser is purple-ish
kuroblack
Go Go!

Post by kuroblack »

interesting plot.... were 001 there during the robbery? what about that wound behind ear on Tomari's father? Was he brainwashed that day before the robbery? ... lots of questions! :D

With that "unlock" skill, he could practically win anytime. Why hasn't he just simply unlock the kamen riders' belts? ... :?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It would be a killer skill against the Gaim riders.

Gou going full retard. Genius. I hate mind control plots.
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

Does creative not have anything for Heart? wrestling puns aside, it seems that Heart is being relegated to cameo appearances. Medic has been MIA for a few episodes as well. We've got dissension between Shinnosuke and Gou that supposed to be causing tension but doesnt. The "tension" between Heart and Brain just comes right the hell out of nowhere and makes no sense.

As for the Roidmudes ability...it feels like it was copied from harry potter. All in all, the episode was decent. Here's hoping the Roidmudes end goal becomes somewhat clearer in the second half of the series.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
xPrimexTimex
Infinity

Post by xPrimexTimex »

Roidmude power this time was too OP. I was fine with him being able to unlock doors, but being able to "unlock" everything and throw stuff/make it fall was too much. Part of me hopes that Go is working undercover but the other part of me thinks he's just brainwashed. That said, I don't think it would be terribly hard to brainwash Go after he got destroyed/soulcrushed the last few episodes.

I know Nira is in league with the Roidmude, but can he stop acting like a condescending prick? The first few times it was okay but now it's getting really old.

Also, would it have been hard to make it more believable that the girl let go of the balloon out of fear? The way they shot it, it's obvious she was told to let it go and that's what she did. You gotta make that scene somewhat plausible if you're going to go back and throw it out later on.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

So Gou really got brainwashed by 001's power on the ipad? Well dang. I'm amused that Brain was so happy to share news to Heart then that scene of Heart being with Medic changed his mind. It feels like Heart is just in the center not knowing what's going on. It's like a Roidmude Love Triangle.
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

Well, they sure threw a whole new plot at us, given that Roidmude has been existing for 10 years if it's linked to the incident. But why would they only start their attack in Global Freeze only 9 years later?

Woah, Nira. I know you like to troll, but that's way too much. What could a middle schooler do when his father was killed before he's even a detective?

If Brain's emotion is "Jealousy", I suppose Heart got "Passion"? He didn't even force Chase back to their group and let him be, for example.

Something tells me Gou is working as a double agent. I'd speculate that 001 is someone he know.
Spoiler
His father, perhaps?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

xPrimexTimex wrote:I know Nira is in league with the Roidmude, but can he stop acting like a condescending prick? The first few times it was okay but now it's getting really old.
Nira probably doesn't know he's in league with the Roidmude. There's a difference between knowing and not knowing which Nira is on the latter.

So the Sonic Screwdriver from Doctor Who is a magic wand then since 067's power is apparently magic to people. They both do the same thing for the most part.

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”