KR Drive 31 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

KR Drive 31 released

Post by Yaiba »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Drive_31

Shinnosuke was chosen because the Drive system requires the wearer's emotion to function. And the Roidmude needs emotions to evolve so 001 is targeting Shinnosuke. Nice design there, Belt-san.

So the prodecers really have changed the game here? The Roidmude don't acquire emotions by syncing with humans anymore, they can just develop their own emotions?

I have a feeling 001 will not last to the end, and Heart will probably be the center of the next arc.

Is this what they put in Go's mind? That his father is also the Roidmude's father, so they are all family?

I totally forgot about The Promised Number already.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Drive 31 released

Post by takenoko »

I kind of feel like they feed on emotion, so it's not just that they develop it on their own. That's why 001 still needs Drive.

Also, 001 says he feeds on humiliation, and he's set everything up so that Tomari will beat him down. Doesn't seem like you need to be a detective to see how this comes together.

This is idiotic. Shinnosuke had the upper hand (knowing 001's identity), and revealed it to Brain in a moment of hot headedness AGAINST Krim's orders. WTF?

Why didn't 001 erase Kiriko's memories? Doesn't that mean there's at least two people who aren't affected by this?
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Yaiba wrote:So the prodecers really have changed the game here? The Roidmude don't acquire emotions by syncing with humans anymore, they can just develop their own emotions?
Not mutually exclusive!
takenoko wrote:This is idiotic. Shinnosuke had the upper hand (knowing 001's identity), and revealed it to Brain in a moment of hot headedness AGAINST Krim's orders. WTF?
That and going to Nira when he's done nothing but antagonize them in the past. I realize Tomari's trying to be the good cop who follows bureaucracy but I'm not sure what he was expecting there. A "yeah sure go see one of the government VIPs, no problem"??

All that said, not a bad episode. I like the parallels they're beginning to draw between Tomari and his dad confronting 001. Guess I'm just a sucker for that.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Eh? Going to Nira was part of Tomari's plan to track down the minister. Didn't you notice that the Shift Cars were spying on him with Tomari left?
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo

Post by VerusMaya II »

He got information, but at what cost? They had sort of gotten Nira off their backs, now he'll return to harass them more than ever. They've done the whole "ok shift cars go out and search for x" before, why not do that now?
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't understand. It's like saying "Maybe if I do this or that, a bully will be less likely to be mean to me." Bullies are going to be mean because they're dicks. I don't know if Tomari's actions will really have changed that. I think Tomari was just gambling on taking out the head (Nira's boss) and hoping the rest follows.

Nira is essentially the boss from Hell. There's not a lot that Tomari can do unless Nira crosses some sort of legal line.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I was wondering if Mr. X was Freeze himself.

Has anyone notice that the Roimudes have divided into two teams: The team of Heart and Medic and team Brain Freeze.

This was a very intense episode. They haven't linked the disappearance of the factory guy to anything else, so I guess we'll see next episode for that. Freeze seems a bit overpowered - especially for this early in the show, which would support the idea that he's not the final boss.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

LOL, team brain freeze
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

AxemYellow wrote: Freeze seems a bit overpowered - especially for this early in the show, which would support the idea that he's not the final boss.
I mean the Roidmudes have been talking about an ultimate evolution or something could that be the final boss?
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

wisdomcat wrote:
AxemYellow wrote: Freeze seems a bit overpowered - especially for this early in the show, which would support the idea that he's not the final boss.
I mean the Roidmudes have been talking about an ultimate evolution or something could that be the final boss?
I'm betting they're just talking about some kind of further power up. using Dragonball Z as an example, regular Roidmude are like Saiyans, evolved/fused Roidmude are Super Saiyans, and they're basically discussing going Super Saiyan 2 here is what I'm thinking.

given they're discussing this so much more at this point, when we still have almost 2/5 of the show left, I'm betting this is leading to a power up that basically ups the stakes to "all the enemies from now on are EVEN STRONGER than they already were" so that, even though fights will play out the way they always have, it's implied that everyone involved is super powerful.

think like when suddenly every villain Fourze fought was a Horoscope just because there was exactly enough show left to give each remaining Horoscope that hadn't been created yet a two episode arc.
xPrimexTimex
Infinity

Post by xPrimexTimex »

Glad to see Shinnosuke taking the initiative and trying to out 001, but how you gonna do that when you know his power is to rewrite memories? I like his drive (pun intended) but I gotta agree with Belt-san on this one, you can't just go all in like that! To be honest, I don't know how this plays out. Either 001 isn't the final boss and is defeated sometime soon, or Shinnosuke realizes he can't beat 001 yet and stops going after him, but does that mean 001 leaves Shinnosuke alone? I guess he leaves him alone like he does with Brain if 001 isn't defeated soon. This makes me feel like 001 isn't the final boss, but who knows? What I want to know is what happened during the first Global Freeze. They did beat Proto-Drive, so why didn't they do whatever they wanted to do then? Not enough time? I have so many questions!!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Who cares who will be the final boss because I certainly don't.

Shinnosuke is really letting his desire of revenge getting to him. Someone needs to talk to him and tell him this, "Your father has been dead for 12 years now. I'm sure waiting a bit more isn't going to kill you."
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Kudos to the writers on the fake-out about Shinnosuke's memory getting rewritten. Based on last week's preview and the initial action here, I had been expecting that we would be dealing with a rewired Shinnosuke. Instead they pleasantly subverted my expectations, and gave us a reason for why Shinnosuke is so important to 001.

Future spoilers:
Spoiler
So I get the distinct impression that Go isn't getting fixed any time soon. In which case he really is the new Chase. Which is annoying as all heck because it means we're going to be facing the same unnecessary rider-on-rider fights as before. Note to the producers: just because Gaim was successful doesn't mean you need to keep having the riders fight each other every second episode.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas

Post by Alessar »

001/Freeze reminds me of Weather from W. And you know how that went down.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

WTF Shinnosuke? I know you are trying to protect the police force from 001, but going around jabbering it towards the open is not a very smart move. Doesn't take a detective to know that. And why did Krim still refers Chase as Proto-Drive when he mentioned about his nightmare? Which by the way Krim, he is perfectly normal now.

Oh yeah, you are fighting against an opponent whose code name is "Freeze", Shinnosuke. Perhaps the most reasonable action here to fight him is simply a little bit of heat and flare, if you know what I mean. 8)

Spoiler
Ok, last week's preview got me yanked a little bit in this episode. So, is it safe to assume that next week's preview is not what it seem to be? Of how Shinnosuke doesn't really dies. He is after all, the show's character

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”