KR Drive 32 Released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

KR Drive 32 Released

Post by Lunagel »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Drive_32

That was actually really damn good. A really excellent episode all around.

Ton of backstory on Makage and why he's doing this, an actual fairly decent redemption for Nira, the reason why Gen-san can't say Roidmude (holy crap that wasn't just a gag?!) and that's probably one of the best ways I've ever seen for the villain to get super powerful because it has a double dose of revenge and dammit it's all your fault.

Kiriko still pisses me off because damn girl you really think Go is doing this because he's got some kind of reason? How much of an asshole is he usually that this is not surprising to you?

Heart-themed villain who has to gather human emotions and is focused on joy... wait, I've already translated this series, haven't I?

ONORE MAKAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: KR Drive 32 Released

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

Dam that was one hell of an episode, I agree with you Luna on all the points, even i was shocked that Gen-san's inability to say Roidmude was plot related, but dam that ending, it packed almost as tough a punch as Fourze but it's left me wondering how exactly they are going to go forward with this.
BeetBusterRen
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Minato Youko
Favorite Actor?: Ozawa Ryota
Favorite Band: On/Off
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Kamen Rider Drive
Quote: Let's~ Henshin~
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by BeetBusterRen »

Even though they showed it in the previous episode's preview, Shinnosuke's death actually came as a surprise. Anyone calling it though? After all we have a
Spoiler
morgue scene
in the next episode, according to the preview.

Also: I, too, didn't expect to have the running Roidmude name gag to be actually part of the plot. Fun times. Fuuuun times
Avatar made by this awesome pixiv artist ZeruZeru
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

Gotta give it to them, this ep was sooo rich. And how they handled the preview, such simple thing as removing sounds and make Kiriko say the line, but it works just so well.
Keytotruth
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by Keytotruth »

This episode was overall excellent developing Makage and Nira.
Spoiler
Also, did the preview just give us a sneak peak at Drive's last form? That thing looks cool as hell.

Drive in general is starting to get really interesting.
Last edited by DaVinci030 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoiler tagged
Ryouga
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ryouga »

No seeds or peers or torrent yet, is it working?
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Tuss4 »

I haven't been on the forums in a while, but this episode was that good.

DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

Ryouga wrote:No seeds or peers or torrent yet, is it working?
V2 is currently seeding right now.

Shipuujin
Infinity
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Shipuujin »

I shouldn't have watched the preview last week, as it really spoiled the ending. Still, the episode was very great. I love how there was an actual mystery and how they actually had to shed light on the motive without the clues being awkwardly thrown in front of them.

Makage is a great villain. The reasoning behind how Gen-san couldn't say Roimude was oddly ingenious. Next week will definitely be something to remember. (Hopefully)
gourdcaptain
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Favorite Actor?: Shu Watanabe

Post by gourdcaptain »

Lunagel wrote:an actual fairly decent redemption for Nira, the reason why Gen-san can't say Roidmude (holy crap that wasn't just a gag?!)
Okay, while the bit with Gen was pretty cool, I actually dislike Nira more after this episode. It doesn't seem to me he came to any attack of conscience, he just rolled over on 001 because he's angry 001 is cutting him loose and wants revenge. He really doesn't have ANY loyalties, and his attempt to play it as him having seen the light kind of sickens me as a result. And his attempt to play it as him having an attack of conscience seem... false. (Especially since it's framed in a way that implies to me he actually knows what's going on.)
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

This episode is good, and the way they tied everything together is brilliant.

Previously stupid gags, like Gen-san's saying the Roidmude name wrong and Chief's fortune telling, just become super relevant and fit in this episode.

The enemy didn't randomly become super powerful, it actually has a valid reason.

Despite last week's preview, Shinnosuke actually did die also comes as a surprise, as the whole episode is raising winning flags for the heroes. And I compliment for how they didn't it, Shinnosuke didn't just come back at the end of the episode like Chase did, the audience actually have time to take in what happened. Kiriko saying the punch line and the lack of music in the preview also sinks in the fact that Shinnosuke and Belt-san is gone, and you can feel the sadness and desperation of the people remained.

But... are they going to tell us what actually happened in the bank 12 years ago? They strongly implied that the guy didn't shoot Shinnosuke's father, but the little girl's memory clearly showed that the father was being shot. Even with the Heaviness, it can't create a bullet out of thin air.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

To be honest I actually cried a little when I saw shinnosuke die T_T Finally Drive shows its true colors, 001 has truly brought the series at its peak. He's probably one of the best villian for this show so far. Could it be that the man that Heart is talking about is Gou? I remember that he was interested in him because Gou overcame the dead zone.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

For a while I've been saying that this has been a whole new show since the introduction of Formula, and this is an excellent pay-off to what they've been doing so far. I have serious doubts that this is what the writers had in mind when the show started - I don't believe for a second that Gen-san being being unable to say Roidmude was anything more than a gag when created - but I will give the writers credit for pulling a 180 and bringing the show together after that awful first part of the show. They've managed to go and fix so much of the dumb stuff that was going on in the beginning, and while it was still dumb, ultimately use it to progress the show.

This was an excellent episode all-around, from the plot to the music to the fight choreography. All of that despite the fact that this is the episode where the good guys lose, so I can only imagine what we're getting when they finally win! Also, I'm either amused or mortified that no one seems to care about Beltstein also appearing dead, despite the fact that the poor sod has already had to die once.:(

However, could someone please take away Go's toys? There's no good reason he should have access to Dead Heat at this point. Given that these cars are implied to have minds of their own, one would think it would run off the first chance it gets.
gourdcaptain wrote:
Lunagel wrote:an actual fairly decent redemption for Nira, the reason why Gen-san can't say Roidmude (holy crap that wasn't just a gag?!)
Okay, while the bit with Gen was pretty cool, I actually dislike Nira more after this episode. It doesn't seem to me he came to any attack of conscience, he just rolled over on 001 because he's angry 001 is cutting him loose and wants revenge. He really doesn't have ANY loyalties, and his attempt to play it as him having seen the light kind of sickens me as a result. And his attempt to play it as him having an attack of conscience seem... false. (Especially since it's framed in a way that implies to me he actually knows what's going on.)
I think it's supposed to sicken you. Nira is a scumbag opportunist, and while he'll never admit it, he's helping the Special Cases Department out of his own self-interest. I don't expect this will be the last we see of him.

Finally: gee, the victim of the week's father wanted to make the fastest car in the world. That sure is convenient. :P
Kilowog
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: That's a secret :-P
Favorite Actor?: too many
Favorite Band: too many
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: OOO
Quote: "Life goes on. If you make struggle with your seriousness you will not feel an uneasiness."

Post by Kilowog »

Yeash!! THAT WAS INTENSE!!

That was an intense episode! As effects goes, when Shin' was launching 01 in Type Formula was well executed. It blew me out of my seat!

But you know, I have to geek out here; god forbid these guys get Lantern Rings from various emotional spectrums. Yikes!!
daburuwosagase
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Fourze
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "But they didn't know that this Majide is MADE OF DEKIRU and I will tsubusu you! I will tsubusu and TAOSU you!!"

Post by daburuwosagase »

ViRGE wrote:
gourdcaptain wrote:Okay, while the bit with Gen was pretty cool, I actually dislike Nira more after this episode. It doesn't seem to me he came to any attack of conscience, he just rolled over on 001 because he's angry 001 is cutting him loose and wants revenge. He really doesn't have ANY loyalties, and his attempt to play it as him having seen the light kind of sickens me as a result. And his attempt to play it as him having an attack of conscience seem... false. (Especially since it's framed in a way that implies to me he actually knows what's going on.)
I think it's supposed to sicken you. Nira is a scumbag opportunist, and while he'll never admit it, he's helping the Special Cases Department out of his own self-interest. I don't expect this will be the last we see of him.
While I do intensely prefer redeemed Nira, as I would hope everyone does, practically speaking he's probably pretending. It's the whole "my boss fired me so I'm going to go do something drastic to get back on his good side" sort of thing. If he were seriously converted, I would've expected a little more of him being on the fence.

Maybe Shinnosuke's death might make him actually repentful. But at the moment, he looks like he'll quickly turn traitor.

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”