KR Drive 32 Released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: KR Drive 32 Released

Post by Catastrophe »

I do like how they turned Gens joke into an actual plot point.

On the one hand I like how the evolved form keeps the original design of the Roidmude, but just colours it gold. The boss Roidmude designs are fantastic. I do however feel like its a cop out ala Freiza in the latest DBZ movie.
Fidchell
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Evangelion
2nd Favorite Series: Digimon 01
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: .hack//

Post by Fidchell »

I am liking Drive a lot, I am enjoying how the theme of family has made Chase search for something... I believe his curiosity with this idea of "Family" will be the catalyst to his own ultimate evolution... Especially since he seems to be one of the promised numbers...

Gou being brainwashed and kiriko not coming to her senses on it... Well.. yeah you can be a total crazy Jerk, but remember how when you really want to believe in something you will turn a blind eye to everything else... Kiriko trusts and loves Gou, and she also trusts Chase, Chase told her he is not brainwashed... kiriko will believe that her brother is doing these bad things for real good reason... (you know maybe she believes he is getting on their good side to find some dirt and ultimately betray bog boss?)

Rena and Gen... the writers are shipping them hard...
solari
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid

Post by solari »

One of the best episodes so far.
Yaiba wrote: But... are they going to tell us what actually happened in the bank 12 years ago? They strongly implied that the guy didn't shoot Shinnosuke's father, but the little girl's memory clearly showed that the father was being shot. Even with the Heaviness, it can't create a bullet out of thin air.
For me, the implication of the bank robbery scenes was that that guy Negishi did shoot Eisuke but didn't kill him(looked to only be a shoulder wound), and that the killer was actually 001.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

just remembered where I recognize the music from 001's evolution from. I hear it from time to time as part of the intro to Atop the Fourth Wall's PSA Hell episodes. never actually heard this much of it before. I do so enjoy classical music.
xPrimexTimex
Infinity

Post by xPrimexTimex »

You're kidding right? He's not really dead right? They're gonna bring him back somehow right? I'm half stunned half laughing right now. Stunned because I didn't think they'd actually kill him, laughing because it seems the whole thing seems ludicrous. It's almost like when
Spoiler
Kamina died in Gurren Lagann
, I didn't believe it actually happened until the next episode happened.

Episode was good, really good. So Nira wasn't in league with the Roidmude like I previously thought, but I still think he's scum. It wouldn't surprise me if he turned on the Special Cases Department at some point, heck I'd be surprised if he stayed true to the Special Cases Department for the rest of the series!

Kiriko, at this point you gotta think Go is brainwashed or something, there's no he's gonna fight Chase when he could fight Brain or 001! I MEAN HE'S STANDING RIGHT THERE WITH THEM!

It'll be interesting to see where they go from here if indeed Shinnosuke is dead and is not coming back. Maybe he comes back ala Belt-san?
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Barim »

Conan_Edogawa wrote:just remembered where I recognize the music from 001's evolution from. I hear it from time to time as part of the intro to Atop the Fourth Wall's PSA Hell episodes. never actually heard this much of it before. I do so enjoy classical music.
Dies Irae, while powerful if used well, is often over-used. Here it just captured the scene so perfectly. From the get-go, it was a lose-lose situation. Defeating the guy who gets stronger from humiliation? Good luck. You're gonna need it and Tomari didn't have it...
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

ViRGE wrote:Also, I'm either amused or mortified that no one seems to care about Beltstein also appearing dead, despite the fact that the poor sod has already had to die once.:(

However, could someone please take away Go's toys? There's no good reason he should have access to Dead Heat at this point. Given that these cars are implied to have minds of their own, one would think it would run off the first chance it gets.
Well there might be a reason for the reaction towards Belt-san.

I was thinking the same thing with the Shift Bikes but I can imagine that Medic reprogrammed them like she did with the Shift Cars just before Type Formula.

I really hope Nira helping the SCD was just to get back at Freeze not because he refound his cop pride. Otherwise it would be poor writing.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Boy, guess they are shipping Rinna and Gen hard huh? First the newly-wed disguise, now this? Nooooo Gen-san! without that gag, you are no longer relevant to the series....... :cry:

I guess this is the only episode we've gotten that shows in details of how Drive solves the mystery. Before this, they usually just have Shinnosuke instead of Gen having that 'circling clues' moment. And speaking of keyword, Shinnosuke should just get to Futo and asks a private detective there. :lol:

A blink of the eye death. So no one can say the death is the same as in Fourze. And Belt-san worrying about losing Shinnosuke is quite shocking since it seems he died with Shinnosuke instead. Btw, loved that the caption 'Tomari Shinnosuke: Killed in action' is there. Making it seems like it was from an official police record.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

toni2212 wrote:Boy, guess they are shipping Rinna and Gen hard huh? First the newly-wed disguise, now this? Nooooo Gen-san! without that gag, you are no longer relevant to the series....... :cry:

I guess this is the only episode we've gotten that shows in details of how Drive solves the mystery. Before this, they usually just have Shinnosuke instead of Gen having that 'circling clues' moment. And speaking of keyword, Shinnosuke should just get to Futo and asks a private detective there. :lol:

A blink of the eye death. So no one can say the death is the same as in Fourze. And Belt-san worrying about losing Shinnosuke is quite shocking since it seems he died with Shinnosuke instead. Btw, loved that the caption 'Tomari Shinnosuke: Killed in action' is there. Making it seems like it was from an official police record.
I will say this: while it's easy to overuse death fakeouts in Kamen Rider, it's used well here. You have not just a superhero but a policeman being shot down in the line of duty, which is very relevant to the real world.
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

I haven't been around for a while because real life got intense and, let's face it, ToQger and Gaim just weren't doing it for me. I've been binge watching to catch up on Drive and, my god, what an amazing series this is! And what an amazing episode to catch up on! I...am speechless. This episode was a perfect set-up for the final act. It really does feel like they're going back to Heisei period roots of the show. This series feels more like Ryuki or 555 in intensity but I would dare say it beats both of them so far. I might have a new favorite Kamen Rider!

My only complaint is it feels like they're dragging out Go being brainwashed-evil too long.
Spoiler
That was my main gripe with Lunagel in Blade...they drug out his being evil way too long.
I hope Chase reveals the truth about Go being controlled so they can hurry up and cure him already!
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

Okay, I think someone needs to properly check the meaning of words in japanese in the on going episodes; the reference of chou shinka would mean ultra/super evolution, like it was worded down during the end of episode 30, for it to be ultimate, shouldn't it be japanese of saikyo or kyuukyoku? Did people already forgotten about the Cho Sei Shin series which translate mean Ultra/Super Stat Gods. Its the same thing in over-time sub version.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

There's no strict "this word has to be this word" in language, if it was then Google Translate would be a lot more accurate. It's up to the translator to determine whether or not something sounds right given the context of both languages. "super", "ultra", "ultimate", "greatest", "best", "extreme", etc. are all synonyms that accurately describe Japanese "chou"

Super evolution sounds like something Dragon Ball would say.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

ViRGE wrote:I will say this: while it's easy to overuse death fakeouts in Kamen Rider, it's used well here. You have not just a superhero but a policeman being shot down in the line of duty, which is very relevant to the real world.
I don't think death fakeouts is being overused in Kamen Rider though. 'Death fakeouts' mean a person faking his death in order to do/trick about something. The closest thing of death fakeouts in KR is probably Date Akira in OOO or Takatora in Gaim (albeit without any intention). Shinnosuke is obviously dead in here, not a death fakeout. Dunno about Gentarou in Fourze or Haruto in Wizard though, I didn't like the series much to remember most of it.
ChibiZyuJin
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by ChibiZyuJin »

I think this should stick. The pit stop team should create (capture) a roimude body and fuse it with Tomari :D Thus creating a being that can endure the physical stress of type Tridoron...
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

toni2212 wrote:
ViRGE wrote:I will say this: while it's easy to overuse death fakeouts in Kamen Rider, it's used well here. You have not just a superhero but a policeman being shot down in the line of duty, which is very relevant to the real world.
I don't think death fakeouts is being overused in Kamen Rider though. 'Death fakeouts' mean a person faking his death in order to do/trick about something. The closest thing of death fakeouts in KR is probably Date Akira in OOO or Takatora in Gaim (albeit without any intention). Shinnosuke is obviously dead in here, not a death fakeout. Dunno about Gentarou in Fourze or Haruto in Wizard though, I didn't like the series much to remember most of it.
May as well go spoiler here since further talk unavoidably invokes the next episode:
Spoiler
I mean fakeout in as much as the show kills a character for shock, only to bring them back, rather than an in-character fake. You have Fourze, Takatore, and now Shinnouske. He's obviously not dead, since he's the main character and the preview shows him coming back next week.

If you did this every year, it would lose its impact.

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”