KR Drive 33 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
solari
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid

Re: KR Drive 33 released

Post by solari »

VerusMaya II wrote:He fiddles with his "glove" a lot, which I initially thought was a Takumi/Faiz thing but I'm seeing it a lot lately so I wonder if it's just him :V
When Shin's actor, Takeuchi Ryoma, was a guest on the toei official radio show "Radiranger", he said that he was a huge fan of Faiz. His henshin pose which he came up with is based on Faiz's, and he discussed it with Takaiwa Seiji(the suit actor), and the action director okayed it. I think that's why Mr. Takaiwa incorporates some quirks similar to Faiz when he's acting as Drive.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Ohhh snap I had no idea. That's awesome.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Krim should stay in control more often. I like his fighting style best. Shinnosuke honestly fights as bad as Kouta did/does in Orange Arms.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

takenoko wrote: It makes sense that the children of Professor Bannou aren't affected by his creations though.
This would definitely make sense.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

Wow, Chase was knocked out of his transformation three times this episode. I guess it was so Freeze seemed very powerful and so Drive's new form seemed super-duper powerful when he defeated Freeze.

So Banno's consciousness survived as well? Maybe he'll end up being the big bad behind everything.

I actually really like the new form. It's pretty cool looking.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

Drive's final form is indeed nice its much more better than Type Formula. Such bulky armor lol
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

What sort of brings annoyance to me is that during the "clues" given to Rinna all seem like what a high school student would bring as a cheat sheet for a Physics class, or a college freshmen bringing a cheat sheet for Physics 101... There isn't any special constants or derivations of formulas, just fundamental force equations, velocity and acceleration, and momentum equations. Nothing was calculated!

There was also unit conversions amongst the cheat sheet, something one would find by unit conversions on a search engine.

Also, from a systems standpoint, I am not sure if it is the original translations fault of bringing heart into this, but I would like to think of it as Freeze completely knocked Krim's systems out, and thus he can't be "awake" at the same time as providing the automated life support functions of Drive. The heavy blow definitely killed Tomari, but it was the huge devotion to life support that prevented permanent death, and would definitely be more plausible for requiring energy, outside energy of all the Core Drivias, to repair and provide life support. I think this implies that Drive's rider powers already set aside some of the user's memory for the "interface" between the user's consciousness (Tomari's) and Krim's. But Krim had to hastly fall back into a designed fault mode, using that memory space for his own life support systems of the driver in linkage (coma-ish), the hit didn't directly go to the driver, just a surge.

And because of the changed permissions of that temporary memory access in Tomari's brain, Krim now can "share" bodies. Well my opinion anyways.

And the henshin to Drive more than likely already altered Tomari's body and then back again to his normal self. It is just that with the surge, the physical constructs that appeared internally in his henshin stayed. Maybe that is what they wanted when the writers mentioned "belt being fused".

In short, I don't agree with the "reboot" or entirely with the "fusing of the heart" but whatever, still an enjoyable episode. From the preview, I totally thought Kiriko would take up the mantle of Type Tridoron and would be a complete separate henshin from Drive, Tridoron being a last resort henshin.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

You really made it more complex than it should be.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

Now now he really thought about this but I think I rather go with the simple explanation. Krim saved Shinnosuke somehow by fusing with his heart o_o
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Yeah, I didn't leave anything out when translating, the explanation given was exactly what I translated. It really just was that simplistic, sorry dude.
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

I figured it is the Japanese view of bringing in "heart" into this. I just made sense of it all, as best sense as I can bring (what is this? magical Super Sentai sparkle sparkle sparkle?)

(partly the reason why I dislike OOOs (save for Birth and the Ride Vendors) and Wizard... SPARKLE SPARKLE SPARKLE!)

My point still stands about the "calculations". :)

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”