KR Drive 33 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
xPrimexTimex
Infinity

Re: KR Drive 33 released

Post by xPrimexTimex »

Man, I really wish Shinnosuke had died for good, if only to see Kiriko somehow become Type Tridoron. I don't like the Gou bit at all and I'd rather him have been brainwashed to see how he would react to hearing Shinnosuke died. The only reason it's hard to believe Gou was going undercover is because there was really nothing to suggest that Brain showed Gou something worth stealing. In fact, it's more likely that Brain showed him something like a hypnotic device rather than information that would be valuable to have. I think a better alternative was to have Gou pretend to keep being brainwashed after Chase grabs him so that he could hopefully steal Brain's tablet and by sheer dumb luck discover that the tablet had useful information.

Figures that 001 would die this early after Shinnosuke confronted him a few episodes ago. There's just no way for both to coexist for ~20 more eps if 001 is the big bad. Feels like Heart or some unknown Roidmude will end up being the big bad. I don't like him dying this episode though. It undercuts Shinnosuke's "death" and 001's evolution by having him die now. I would have preferred to see him 2-4 more episodes.

That said, I liked the reaction to Shinnosuke dying by his peers and the Chief had a really nice scene yelling at Nira. ^_^
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

takenoko wrote:>I don't recall anyone trying to brainwash Kiriko. 001 was too focused on the Riders. But yes, without more detail this seems stupidly implemented.

There was a scene in Drive 31 when Freeze basically wiped the memory of everyone in the room. I think this was also when he tried to first wipe Shinnosuke's memory. Everyone got wiped but he left out Kiriko? Seems like it'd be more work to spare a single person for no reason than to just do everyone.
Maybe Kiriko kicked the memory-wipe dart away with her boots. After all, she can do anything.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

xiiliea wrote:Maybe Kiriko kicked the memory-wipe dart away with her boots. After all, she can do anything.
Everything except growing a penis and becoming a Rider. Hohoho.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: >I don't recall anyone trying to brainwash Kiriko. 001 was too focused on the Riders. But yes, without more detail this seems stupidly implemented.

There was a scene in Drive 31 when Freeze basically wiped the memory of everyone in the room. I think this was also when he tried to first wipe Shinnosuke's memory. Everyone got wiped but he left out Kiriko? Seems like it'd be more work to spare a single person for no reason than to just do everyone.
As I recall, Shinnosuke got 001 to go to his Roidmude form, causing everyone to freak out for a second before he used the heaviness to stop time. Then he darted Shinnosuke with no effect, used blizzard on the rest of the people, and everyone went on with life. So IIRC we never see Kiriko get darted.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I thought blizzard was him using the darts on mass numbers of people. Like you said, everyone was freaking out, then suddenly they didn't care anymore. Seems like memory rewriting to me.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Do we really want Kiriko to become a Rider now? That's just raising the death flag high in the air for her.
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

I could watch that Chase punching Go .gif a million times and not get tired of it.

Honestly, I'm just so over Go at this point. It's obvious that they have no real idea what to do with his character, and the worst part to me is all of his potential is pretty much wasted at this point because he's always pissed off or freaking out somehow. He could've been Nitou 2.0, but he turned into mid-season Nago instead.

Speaking of character call-backs, Krim clearly went to the same school of counter-style combat as Tendou. Did someone just tell the suit actor "Okay, remember Kabuto? Just do that." for whenever he's Krim, or did he come up with that on his own?
solari
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid

Post by solari »

^I think it's to differentiate between Shin and Krim, and probably choreographed by the action director and maybe some adlib by the suit actor.

On Go,
well, in order to deceive your enemies, you must first deceive your friends, right?
Go could probably go be an actor in addition to being a cameraman lol

Brain was hilarious this episode.

I think this was a great debut episode for Type Tridoron.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

DereklBarona wrote:I could watch that Chase punching Go .gif a million times and not get tired of it.

Honestly, I'm just so over Go at this point. It's obvious that they have no real idea what to do with his character, and the worst part to me is all of his potential is pretty much wasted at this point because he's always pissed off or freaking out somehow. He could've been Nitou 2.0, but he turned into mid-season Nago instead.

Speaking of character call-backs, Krim clearly went to the same school of counter-style combat as Tendou. Did someone just tell the suit actor "Okay, remember Kabuto? Just do that." for whenever he's Krim, or did he come up with that on his own?
Kabuto, Decade, OOO Tajador also has the same style. My guess is that since Krim is a professor before his untimely death, the writer chalked it up as him not a very good fighter/brawler or rough-style fighting technique. So they just chalked him as being a person that fights by having a minimum-movement-yet-efficient hits. Unfortunately, with Seiji Takaiwa still as a Main Rider suit actor, there's bound to be some similarities with those former Rider.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

takenoko wrote: >I don't recall anyone trying to brainwash Kiriko. 001 was too focused on the Riders. But yes, without more detail this seems stupidly implemented.

What about the girl that Shinnosuke's dad was trying to protect, when 001 tried to memory wipe everyone he missed her. Same story different girl.

Also I know I said this a long time ago and it bugs me, I'm 100% sure that the show is using 'buddy' as the word 'partner.' Its a reference to 'buddy-cop' movies a lot of Japanese comedies/dramas revolving around police uses Buddy as another word for partner.

edit -I was hoping that Shinnoskue-Drive would be shouting the belt sayings during the transformation. I think that would be hilarious.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>What about the girl that Shinnosuke's dad was trying to protect, when 001 tried to memory wipe everyone he missed her. Same story different girl.

Did we actually see him do that though? Maybe she wasn't even present when he mind wiped everyone in the bank.
DarkCrusnik
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
Favorite Band: Team Nekokan
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Ore Ga Unmei Tatakao, Soshti Kati Mesri" -Kenzaki, kamen rider blade

it means: "ill fight fate, and surely win! "
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DarkCrusnik »

Spoiler
plot twist, krim was doing all that to get a new body, roidmude are nothing but krim's toys, he made tomari stronger by giving HIM only upgrades, then took over his body.....
NICE DRIVE
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

DereklBarona wrote:Speaking of character call-backs, Krim clearly went to the same school of counter-style combat as Tendou. Did someone just tell the suit actor "Okay, remember Kabuto? Just do that." for whenever he's Krim, or did he come up with that on his own?
Or it could be that the suit actor, Seiji Takaiwa, has been a large number of the main Riders over the past 30-ish years, starting with Black RX and ZO. (The only ones he didn't act for were Kuuga and Hibiki, since he was being TimeRed and MagiRed over in Sentai those years.) If you pay attention, he often drops subtle references to past Riders in his performances.

Spoiler
For example, in W - I think it's the debut episode of FangJoker - he taps a button on the Fang Memory, attacks, presses the button, attacks, then presses the button again and hits the finisher. Almost identical to Kabuto's "ONE...TWO....THREE....RIDER KICK" sequence.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo

Post by VerusMaya II »

He fiddles with his "glove" a lot, which I initially thought was a Takumi/Faiz thing but I'm seeing it a lot lately so I wonder if it's just him :V
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.

Post by Kuchiri »

I was thinking when Krim was in control he was controlling it like an older person would. Very slow and deliberate not to go too fast. Not like Shinnoskue who speeds and gets reckless with the power.

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”