KR Drive 33 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Drive 33 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Drive_33

Got to love an accidental ultimate power-up. I liked the setup.

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR Drive 33 released

Post by Lunagel »

Wait, so if Go really wasn't being manipulated this whole time... then why the hell didn't he contact Kiriko?! You let your sister worry like that and you act like a total asshole and dear god even if you couldn't say WHY you had to do it at least give everyone a heads up, damn. If my brother acted like that, I'd smack him upside the head. Incidentally, thank you Chase, for doing just so.

Horray for pseudo-science!
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

I was expecting Shinnosuke to become Kamen Rider Ghost.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

How is Chase still so good? Damn.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
barfmaster
Infinity
Favorite series: go-onger/decade
2nd Favorite Series: W/shinkenger
Dreamy: miu/urara
Favorite Band: eyeshine
My boom: 12 piece Gatti

Post by barfmaster »

ncie episode i think it would have been better if they didn't play the opening theme for this episode based on how last episode ended
There are some things arrows can't kill, for everything else there's Master Sword.
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

It looks like the "ultimate evolution" was not as powerful as 001 thought if he was taken out the episode after he achieved it. and what of the memories of those who had them rewritten? So Gou was not affected by the memory wipe and couldnt give the others a hint? Talk about being a dick.

Tridoron is neat with the tire mixing ability but i dont know if the driver switch thing will stick around. And we are back to the starting three "generals" with no clear end goal and the same vague mention of the "Promised Number". Seriously, we know next to nothing about it other than its a thing.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I don't like the Gou thing. It just seems too coincidental that he was also immune.

Also, this new form looks sweet. Especially now we know that Krim is a badass as well.
ChibiZyuJin
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by ChibiZyuJin »

Well It seems 001 couldn't rewrite memories of people with strong desires. Gou had the desire to destroy Roimude and protect his sister's smile, Tomaris(plural) had a strong desire to protect people around him.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote:I don't like the Gou thing. It just seems too coincidental that he was also immune.

Also, this new form looks sweet. Especially now we know that Krim is a badass as well.
It also seems like Kiriko is immune. It's just stupidly implemented. If it's genetic, it shouldn't work on that construction worker's son since the father is immune. It makes sense that the children of Professor Bannou aren't affected by his creations though.
gumbyx84
Favorite series: Go-Onger
Favorite Actor?: Mikoto Amano

Post by gumbyx84 »

Loved the episode. So much emotion. This is what I expect from Kamen Rider. Hard hitting plot twists. That's one of the reasons I'm starting to like Kamen Rider more than Sentai.

I did find a error in the episode. It's very small, but at 10:04 Go says "Neechan" not "Neesan" as the subtitles show. Not important but I thought I'd point it out.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

If you do plan to fix errors, then do you think you could change the announcement when creating a new tire for Type Tridoron and have it pronounce; Tire Blending, since Mixing would feel already used for the shift car Spin Mixer as well as the future of activating the other shift cars for mixer, and Tire Combination is already used by Over-time subs. Also, when you do, it it is announce will you have that part on top of the screen for a translate/ trivia note for its romanji Kakimazeru meaning blending or stir?
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

I think mix is fine, blending sounds more like what you do with drinks to me. Don't think it really warrants a TL note because it's not saying anything different. Mix, blend and stir are already synonyms.

And just cause a another subbing group uses a certain translation doesn't mean we can't use the same wording. We're not stealing subs, after all, everything is from scratch.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Oh that slap! That beautiful slap! I've been waiting for someone to smack Go for nearly 20 episodes now. To say he deserves it is an understatement.

Overall this was a fun episode. In a sense I feel it was lower key than the preceding episode - the action sequences weren't as complex, for example (they clearly spent more of the budget on part 1) - but you can't start out in top gear when the lead is seemingly dead. Instead we got some really good character moments: Chase and Go, Go and Kiriko, the Drive Pit, and especially the Chief giving Nira the chew-out he deserves.

This does leave a bunch of questions though. Not the least what the rest of the Roidmude are up to since 001 is now dead. We're back to this damned, unexplained Promised Number thing.

Meanwhile are Shinouske and Beltstein now permanently fused together? The episode doesn't make this clear. Based on the scene before he transformed the answer is yes, but then we end the episode with Beltstein back in his belt. So it's immediate to me whether the fused form is just for Type Tridoron, or if they're like that all the time.

Finally, is it me or is Chase's belt a complete troll? How many times has he been knocked out of his transformation, only to get told Good Work? :lol:
Lunagel wrote:Wait, so if Go really wasn't being manipulated this whole time... then why the hell didn't he contact Kiriko?! You let your sister worry like that and you act like a total asshole and dear god even if you couldn't say WHY you had to do it at least give everyone a heads up, damn. If my brother acted like that, I'd smack him upside the head. Incidentally, thank you Chase, for doing just so.
The production answer is to mislead the audience and to make his actions a surprise, and the obvious in-character answer is to keep his cover. But I agree that it's as flimsy as all hell. It's a detective series, and I feel like they aren't playing by the rules here.
barfmaster wrote:ncie episode i think it would have been better if they didn't play the opening theme for this episode based on how last episode ended
I thought of that one as well. But you'd need to play something (you can't do a minute of silence). Plus I suspect doing something like that would make TV executives nervous, since the OP essentially advertises the start of the show.
takenoko wrote:It also seems like Kiriko is immune. It's just stupidly implemented. If it's genetic, it shouldn't work on that construction worker's son since the father is immune. It makes sense that the children of Professor Bannou aren't affected by his creations though.
I don't recall anyone trying to brainwash Kiriko. 001 was too focused on the Riders. But yes, without more detail this seems stupidly implemented.
Lunagel wrote:blending sounds more like what you do with drinks to me.
So Lunagel likes getting blended. Duly noted. :P
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

I'll have a strawberry daquiri, blended, not stirred.

(girly drinks yay)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Finally, is it me or is Chase's belt a complete troll? How many times has he been knocked out of his transformation, only to get told Good Work? :lol:

/me replaces Good Work with GG

>I don't recall anyone trying to brainwash Kiriko. 001 was too focused on the Riders. But yes, without more detail this seems stupidly implemented.

There was a scene in Drive 31 when Freeze basically wiped the memory of everyone in the room. I think this was also when he tried to first wipe Shinnosuke's memory. Everyone got wiped but he left out Kiriko? Seems like it'd be more work to spare a single person for no reason than to just do everyone.

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”