KR Drive 36 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Drive 36 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Drive_36

So we come to the end of a story arc. Kind of wonder where the story will go from here?

Banno is clearly more than an ipad at this point. Wonder how far they'll go with that magical technology stuff.

When Medic rebuilds Brain, will he be able to reach ultimate evolution still? So many questions left.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: KR Drive 36 released

Post by Yaiba »

First thing, they're lucky that there's no blood in Kamen Rider shows, or there's no way Nira didn't realize the bullet didn't hit Shinnosuke

Other than that, awesome episode. Nira and Brain's plan is almost perfect, they covered almost every corner and possiblities. The way Shinnosuke and co turned it around is just brilliant

It's kind of creepy though that the iPad literally absorbs Yukari-chan and spits her out again

And I just loled at Chase when he copied Go to give the thumbs up
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

That's a good episode though xD. I like the three of them fought against 003 and the other Roidmudes.

I was thinking... Nira realize Shinnosuke was dead (before everything was a lie) but he didn't know there's no blood or he didn't see the blood.
Yaiba wrote:And I just loled at Chase when he copied Go to give the thumbs up
Me neither. And I like Yukari-chan's smile.
Spoiler
So it reaches to its final chapter. I wonder if Heart will evolve into ultimate.

xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray

Post by xiiliea »

Damned Nira was so super irritating, I really hate characters like this. If they make such a hateful character like this, he should die in a fireball at least.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Die in a fire?!

But really, Nira was such a strong villain. I sort of like Heart and Brain. They're the bad guys of this series, but they don't quite come off as villainous on their own.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I just realize, why is Brain trying to kill Shinnosuke? Didn't Heart already say he needed Shinnosuke to ultimate evolve? I thought Brain is trying to rub on Heart's good side
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

The plot progression to this episode had its ups and downs, but it was certainly worth sticking around to see the conclusion.

I'm surprised there wasn't a flashback to the "you have the support of your friends" scene from the previous episode. Normally this stuff would be emphasized so that the lesson is obvious to kids.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Nira crossed the line into straight up obnoxiousness, he was no longer truly threatening by the end. His gun discipline is horrible too, finger on the trigger all those times he turned it on himself or anywhere other than his target.

I don't think Brain cares about impressing Heart anymore. If anything it seemed like he wanted to spite Heart for ignoring him, hence deliberately targeting Heart's candidate for evolution.

BannoPad is the current deus ex machina, his powers need to be clarified before it becomes the go-to solution. It looks like he absorbed Yukari and re-wrote her "human code," but then doesn't that... sort of make her half-Roidmude now? I know they'll never address it again but it's really the only explanation I can think of as to why that cured the poison.

Chase showed ~REAL EMOTIONS~ this episode so I'm proud of my baby, he's growing up so fast!
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It was pretty funny to see Chase using his Chase voice for all the wide range of emotions that he needed to convey in this episode. Must be grating for the throat.

And what a literal deus ex machina Bannopad is. His name is one u away from being the word for "the ability to do anything".
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Why do I get the feeling that Banno is going to give Gou a super form and turn him into the final boss. Sort of like how Krim turned Shinnoskue into Drive.
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

VerusMaya II wrote:I don't think Brain cares about impressing Heart anymore. If anything it seemed like he wanted to spite Heart for ignoring him, hence deliberately targeting Heart's candidate for evolution.
Exactly what I was thinking. He had good reason not to care of leaving Shinnosuke alive. Brain is definitely giddy like a high school girl in his revelation of his plans tying together for his demise. But...
BannoPad is the current deus ex machina, his powers need to be clarified before it becomes the go-to solution. It looks like he absorbed Yukari and re-wrote her "human code," but then doesn't that... sort of make her half-Roidmude now? I know they'll never address it again but it's really the only explanation I can think of as to why that cured the poison.
Yeah, I think it is crossing Digimon at this state, where literally, it is the same as those sci-fi games with teleportation technology (remember Space Quest V and beaming to get rid of the sludge?). It is the same here, but the bigger question is how the hell a fruitpad is able to digitize data in the first place when clearly the Kamen Rider's drivers are explicitly designed and built to digitize their powers. And I believe that this fruitpad is the same one that Brain stole in the second episode, so there is nothing special about that device. Deus-ex machina or not, that part makes no sense.

If a fruitpad is THAT powerful, I would love to hit the henshin tile on my Surface Pro 2 and Kamen Rider myself.
Chase showed ~REAL EMOTIONS~ this episode so I'm proud of my baby, he's growing up so fast!
Yeah, he for a moment became flustered of what to do, and not knowing if it would work, went to Deus-ex machina tablet.

And for the blood? Nira witnessed that Shinnosuke was reanimated. He may have figured that he doesn't bleed or have blood, which begs the question if he even thought he can be even killed by a traditional gun after his first Type-Tridoron transformation and Krim fusing.

But despite these technical nitpicks of a loose science-physics-biology aspects of this Kamen Rider world, this arc very much is the penultimate in tying the past, what seemed filler, two episode arcs, and established Shinnosuke's drive to capture and resolve the longest running case of his dad in his mind. Nira, we all passed off as annoying, but ever had a right to be, but his motivation is pretty weak. Jealousy over Eisuke's talent of being a cop over him? I think that aspect is pretty weak, but I guess good enough for a kid's show. Really there is nothing but exposition that Eisuke is a superstar cop, and exposition of Nira's shadow in comparison which what brings me to that aspect seeming weak.

Oh and Dimension Cab. His relocation of the bullet and his power should have been visible for a good while to Nira, but it seems he can do his thing with a blink of an eye.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I think Brain still cares about Heart. But you can care about a person without necessarily caring about their wishes or what's best for them? Medic was killing Roidmudes in an eps too, which would also be against Heart's wishes.
Sentai_ZXR7
Infinity
Quote: Ready for the Next Challenge

Post by Sentai_ZXR7 »

A very neat development in this episode, Nira finally was sent to prison for Killing shinnosuke father, the sadistic bastard laughed too much till the end of the episode, he was the most depised character.
Brain revealed his true nature to all when he saw Shinnosuke and Yukari alive and well; he was invincible no more, the three riders gave him a triple rider kick, it's a pitty he was not destroyed completely, will Medic take her revenge on him?.
Now something that gets me worried
Spoiler
The end credits says something about the series last stretch, this means it will end soon?
Gaim had 47 episodes, how many episodes will be drive?
At the moment the casualty count is 50 Roidmudes left.
I agree that Gou being the son of Banno may be granted a power up to be on par with Drive, this is very probable possibility.
We have to wait for the next episode to give us at least a better outcome of the events :twisted:
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

VerusMaya II wrote:BannoPad is the current deus ex machina, his powers need to be clarified before it becomes the go-to solution. It looks like he absorbed Yukari and re-wrote her "human code," but then doesn't that... sort of make her half-Roidmude now? I know they'll never address it again but it's really the only explanation I can think of as to why that cured the poison.
Reminded me of Philip, from Kamen Rider W. Just look at the Cyclone Joker Xtreme transformation.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

Apart of me worries that this arc was the only time we would see Brain act properly but what a role he played in this arc, also I don't know if this was mentioned when Nira first showed himself, I'm rewatching Kiva and who do i see? the same guy playing a professor with a similar madness. Anyway I'm hoping the final Arc keeps up with the pace we currently have as i would like to put Drive in the good outcome section of my collection

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”