KR Drive 36 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Re: KR Drive 36 released

Post by toni2212 »

All those about Chase's voice, do any of you have a clip of how Chase's actor's real voice is? I kinda want to know since I haven't heard the actor's real voice.

That Bannopad is kinda like Xtreme memory now, absorbing Yukari and then recreating her back. Sure Phillips can do that, but he's technically dead or a mass of data by that time so is Yukari dead now? And Chase giving the thumbs up is probably because he saw Gou's action and decides to mimic the gesture because, well, he would look weird just standing straight there.....

The fight is great, but too bad the new song is hard to be heard. And what is "Kouji Genbar" is supposed to mean?

Now this is quite what W had in its series, a suspenseful episode full of revelation and manipulation. Too bad Brain is out now. And Brain, you clearly didn't heard about the saying "Payback's a Medic".
solari
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid

Post by solari »

Kouji Genba (工事現場)means 'construction site'. For some reason, that is the only tire blend mix to be left in Japanese(with a 'r' added at the end).

Brain's expressions are amusing as always. lol 

Nira is super obnoxious.

Banno in that tablet is quite the deux ex machina this episode, disabling Heart's arm and healing Yukari.

Chase's actor sounded like he was straining his voice sometimes.
Last edited by solari on Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I thought a bunch of the Shift Car stuff had names that were stylized Japanese words? I definitely feel like there are other examples.
solari
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by solari »

I was referring to the namings of Type Tridoron's 3in1 tire mix.
We've seen "Attack 1,2,3", "People Saver" and then there's "Kouji Genbar".
I dunno, they could've named "attack 1,2,3" something like "kougeki 1,2,3" or named "people saver" something like "kyukyu kyuushutsutai"
toni2212 wrote:All those about Chase's voice, do any of you have a clip of how Chase's actor's real voice is? I kinda want to know since I haven't heard the actor's real voice.
You can search for kamen rider drive talk show(eg. the cast talk in eiyuusai 2015) and the mini net talk show "Takeuchi Ryoma's Top Gear" or just simply search for the actor's name.

I put a tudou link under the tag to ep.13 of Top Gear(featuring actors of Shinnosuke, Chase and Go)
Spoiler
Takeuchi Ryoma's Top Gear Lap13: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Z7pkLP2Xw4A
Last edited by solari on Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I know what you were referring to. I'm just saying that there's some precedence for that sort of thing in Drive's naming.
solari
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by solari »

Ohh, I see..but I think only one or two shiftcars had a Japanese name? There's stuff like Tire Koukan, Tire Fueru, Tire Kakimazeru, I guess.
Though most of Mach's signal bikes have Japanese names(Magaru, Kiken, Kakusan, Tomare)

Sorry, I was editing my previous post when you posted, as I did not want to doublepost...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, I remember what I was thinking of. The F1 series crew.

Mantarn F01 (マンターン From Mantan or "full tank of gas")
Jacky F02 (ジャッキー From Jack)
Sparner F03 (スパーナ From Spanner)

So they did the weird naming thing for both Japanese and English words. I mean, it's not even shitty romanizing, that's how they wrote it in katakana. They went out of the way to change it up for those words. Dunno if that's the case for Kouji Genbar
Vraptor140
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Vraptor140 »

Sentai_ZXR7 wrote: Now something that gets me worried
Spoiler
The end credits says something about the series last stretch, this means it will end soon?
Gaim had 47 episodes, how many episodes will be drive?
Well we're around the last fourth of the series by now so that counts as "final stretch". Doubt this will be shorter than 50, so we'd get around 14-15 episodes left, which still feels like a lot.

I do worry this final chapter will take forever to end.
solari
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by solari »

takenoko wrote:Oh, I remember what I was thinking of. The F1 series crew.

Mantarn F01 (マンターン From Mantan or "full tank of gas")
Jacky F02 (ジャッキー From Jack)
Sparner F03 (スパーナ From Spanner)

So they did the weird naming thing for both Japanese and English words. I mean, it's not even shitty romanizing, that's how they wrote it in katakana. They went out of the way to change it up for those words. Dunno if that's the case for Kouji Genbar
Stylistic choice on their part?
The names are that way for the signal bikes too(キケーン マガール カクサーン トマーレ)
Kouji Genbar is probably コウジゲンバー
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well that was a fitting end to that arc. It took an interesting twist too; I was expecting Shinnosuke to use a video recording of some kind against Brain and Nira, but instead those two have already beaten him to the punch and are using video recordings against him. Which dramatically is fitting, since it led to Shinnosuke waltzing in to the room in the middle of the briefing and exposing those two.

I will miss Brain and Nira though. A common complaint for this series is that the villains aren't well defined. Brain and Nira were the best developed of that group, especially Nira, whose antics were over the top but whose spite was so on the mark. As a result what we're left with are the poorly defined Heart and Medic. Which on that note, it's only fitting that Medic gets her revenge after last week, though considering she's pretty much the one that started their little feud, I think I liked it better when brain had her under his thumb...

And hey, we finally get a 3 way henshin! Team Kamen Rider is finally assembled. Now maybe they'll get around to using the Ride Boosters like they're supposed to.

Oh, and I 20th (or so) what everyone else has said about Bannopad. They're going to have to explain what's going on right now, as his abilities feel like a bit of a pull right now. Though it sounds like they'll get to that soon enough, since it sounds like he doesn't like Krim.
miryoku
Adventure
Quote: Blacking tosh.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by miryoku »

That face on Nira's defeat! Priceless!
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I get a feeling this will be a full 12-13 episode final arc. It feels like that's what they are moving towards anyways.
solari
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by solari »

There's an insert song "Spinning Wheel" sung by the three riders during the climax fight scene in the background, but it seems too soft compared to the sounds of the fight scene itself(couldn't really catch much of it)
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I want to know how Brain managed to hold Banno Pad captive if he can totally demolish Roidmudes like that?
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Chase really cracked me up. His actor is genuinely very good. I did dig up a video of him since last week and wow he really pitches his voice down for this part.

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”