KR Drive 38 Released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

KR Drive 38 Released

Post by Lunagel »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Drive_38

And the twist is... they're all Roidmude! Hahahaha! (okay the kid wasn't but whatever, he was still the red herring)

Pretty good episode, lot of plot development, lot of character evolution (in both senses of the word). I like that Medic ended up repenting but maybe could they have chosen a phrasing that wasn't so... subservient? idk, it just seems like we're kicking the female characters a lot recently, especially with the tantrum by the new Ninninger commander this week.

I like the little one-minute episode bonus, it's a good way to drum up excitement for the new movie without showing the same trailer 8762394238 times. I'd probably go see it if it wasn't a double-billing with Ninninger that I know is just going to be an excuse to have Takaharu prance around onscreen for 30 minutes.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Drive 38 Released

Post by VerusMaya II »

Off-brand Tony Stark as Krim is A+
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Good stuff all around. Kind of funny that Drive turned around to be the interesting show of the week.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Surprised that Medic is getting redemption when I thought on previous ep "Man, she's really evil".......But considering it's Heart, he will definitely don't want to kill any of his comrade, regardless of how evil they are. After all, his view on himself is 'I don't view myself as evil'.

Nevertheless, I still don't understand how Heart managed to obtain Ultimate Evolution? He didn't really fight over the extent of his Heart, or get his emotional attachment amplified like Freeze or Brain.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

A legitimate, tender moment between Heart and Medic? Alright, now I've seen everything. Not that I'm complaining, this just wasn't among the things I was expecting. It was well done, and episodes like this will help to solve the problem of the villains being poorly defined. It's not there yet, but it will help.

In the meantime we now know what the Promised Number is all about, and have a better idea of just what Heart wants to do.

Actually if anything the weak point in this episode was the fighting. Which is an odd thing to say when they're out in the quarry setting off explosives. It was a pretty lame transition from the city to the quarry, all things considered.:P

Meanwhile Bannopad continues to drop by to deus-ex everything. so we need an explanation of what's going on with him now more than ever.
takenoko wrote:Good stuff all around. Kind of funny that Drive turned around to be the interesting show of the week.
Isn't it? After a lousy opening act, it's been fantastic. It's not Gaim, but Drive has turned out very well once it got over its hump (or I guess speed bump in this case). Which is fortunate, because if we had early Drive paired up with Ninninger, SuperHero Time would be rather dull.
Lunagel wrote:I like that Medic ended up repenting but maybe could they have chosen a phrasing that wasn't so... subservient? idk, it just seems like we're kicking the female characters a lot recently, especially with the tantrum by the new Ninninger commander this week.
Personally I'm laying odds that Medic will be the final boss. There's something about that smile towards the end, and the fact that she'll almost certainly be one of the last Ultimates.
VerusMaya II wrote:Off-brand Tony Stark as Krim is A+
It's a really blatant look, too. Give him a rock & roll T-shirt and he would be a dead-ringer. Whether this is a good thing or not, we'll see.
Sentai_ZXR7
Infinity
Quote: Ready for the Next Challenge

Post by Sentai_ZXR7 »

toni2212 wrote: Nevertheless, I still don't understand how Heart managed to obtain Ultimate Evolution? He didn't really fight over the extent of his Heart, or get his emotional attachment amplified like Freeze or Brain.
Watch again the previous episode, then you will get the answer.
Heart is a very interesting character, even though he is one of the baddies, he has a code of honor, he see Tomari Shinnosuke as a formidable opponent and does not want to take advantage of an unarmed foe; also he is appreciative of how Tomari has spared Medic when Mach were about to strike her.
overall great episode.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

So... why did the young assistant chief stole the golden sauce last episode? And why did 090 defend him, he wasn't her fusion partner.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I thought the assistant was just messing around in the kitchen or maybe trying to steal the secret of the sauce so he could use it in his own cooking.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

He wasn't surprised when he saw 090 last episode though, so he must have known the truth beforehand.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Go really knows how to destroy a mood. "I'm going to kill Medic even though she is just defeated mentally right now!"
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

As much as Go destroying the mood, roidmudes are just robots to him. Not to mention it's really a good idea to get rid of Medic in order to cripple the roidmudes' recovery.

Freeze pointed out that Heart's trigger is happiness. I suppose he couldn't feel any less happier with a rival like Tomari. Really liked how he handled Medic's wrongdoings.

That said, is that the first female roidmude after Medic? Most roidmudes are shown to be masculine even if their target is a female.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

R.I.P. Second Female Roidmude... It always been Medic as one and only Female Roidmude that left.
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

There is something realyy interesting about a Go going to obliterate crying helpless woman XD

I realyy enjoyed the last Toriko episode, i mean Drive <.<" ">.>.

While it would be realyy nice to see them destroy Medic, at least they showed it in a way that makes sense (cos somehow i was getting scared, of Tomari not letting them destroy crying female). Also, its realyy good to see them, keep making roimudes more then a simple villains. I dont know if we'll go as far as with Kiva, but it is always good to see that, especially with Medic redemption, cos she was getting a total bitch status in my book, and it was just shown realyy good. Her simple thinking bout spending time together with Heart, instead of something like standing at the top, while humans are being murdered. ALso, with that Brain might come back, since Medic learned to value her comrades.

But here's the thing, Heart said there can only be 4 promised numbers, and that there is 2 more...But what bout 001? Yeah he dead but he still evolved, so ther emgith be more evolved, but onyl 4 at the same time? Or does that activated some bs. And bring Brain, quickly! I was already uber happy when he didn't shared the fate of that Orphenoc that started so cold blooded, and at the end, was crying like a wuss.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Weather wrote:There is something realyy interesting about a Go going to obliterate crying helpless woman XD

I realyy enjoyed the last Toriko episode, i mean Drive <.<" ">.>.

While it would be realyy nice to see them destroy Medic, at least they showed it in a way that makes sense (cos somehow i was getting scared, of Tomari not letting them destroy crying female). Also, its realyy good to see them, keep making roimudes more then a simple villains. I dont know if we'll go as far as with Kiva, but it is always good to see that, especially with Medic redemption, cos she was getting a total bitch status in my book, and it was just shown realyy good. Her simple thinking bout spending time together with Heart, instead of something like standing at the top, while humans are being murdered. ALso, with that Brain might come back, since Medic learned to value her comrades.

But here's the thing, Heart said there can only be 4 promised numbers, and that there is 2 more...But what bout 001? Yeah he dead but he still evolved, so ther emgith be more evolved, but onyl 4 at the same time? Or does that activated some bs. And bring Brain, quickly! I was already uber happy when he didn't shared the fate of that Orphenoc that started so cold blooded, and at the end, was crying like a wuss.
I think it's more towards Fourze's villain way. You need a certain amount of collective to achieve the goals. Not all Zodiac's are in attendance, but the Switch is present. So I guess...

Spoiler
Just my theory, The Promised Number needs 4 ALIVE Super Evolution Roidmude at the same time to proceed. That's why Freeze isn't counted, since his Core is already destroyed and no fragment is left whatsoever
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

One thing that has made me enjoy Drive a lot since it started was Chris Peppler voicing Krim, I watch NHK world a lot which features Chris hosting one of the shows, so my jaw dropped at the ending reveal making a great episode even greater, this final arc is going to be interesting and so is the main movie

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”